starting October 6

laurinhunter

Yay! I'm starting today too!

I tried it a couple months ago, went hard for a week and fell of the bandwagon. Pizza just smells too good when you're vulnerable, right? 

Anyone who did it previously and could give a couple tips to stay happy on this? 

Good luck everyone!

Good luck everyone!!! I'm on day 6 and woke up today feeling great! But it's been a hard pasted couple of days. I went through the hang over phase, had a break down, but the little changes I've seen so far are all worth it. So don't give up cause after day 2, some will feel like its going to be impossible for the next 28 days but just know some days will be worse and some will be great! Just stick to it! We all owe it to ourselves. :))

Hey All!

Day 2 here and no hangover feeling yet...I am hopeful I skip that part!  HA

I have decided that if I don't do this and do it RIGHT...lots of FUN things in my future may not happen. I am using my 13 yr old and enjoying watching her grow up as one of my primary focuses.  The others are so that I can shop at a normal store for normal clothes, wave without embarrassing myself with my flapping arms and FINALLY be proud of one thing I can do for ONE MONTH straight!  

We can ALL do this!

Cyndi

October 6…Day One!  This is my second Whole 30 so I pretty much know what to expect.  What I'm trying to focus on is how GOOD I felt at the end of the first one and I really, really want to feel that way again.   Yes, Cyndi, I agree…we can ALL do this! 

Eileen

TODAY WAS DAY 1...the last time I did Whole30...I only lasted two weeks...it was so hard to give up wine...everything else was ok...I did feel better for the most part but the first week, I went through all the symptoms they talk about...I am going to do the whole thing this time with a friend!!  Here we go...day 1 almost done!!

Hi, I started on 10/6 but just registered today. First few days sucked but now (day 8) I feel I'm on a bit of cruise control. Definitely want to find new recipes to keep it interesting. Getting slightly bored of tomato slices & spinach with balsamic. Lost 9 out of a 35lb goal so far. I'm a 32 yr old guy who is/was 192 & wants to be 157lbs.

I started October 6th as well! So far it's been only ok. I have a serious issue with nuts and but butter, last night ate half a jar of almond butter and cashews. This morning I'm paying for it! They wreck my stomach everytime and I never learn. They will be out for the remainder of my whole30! They are a good without brakes for sure and lead to horrible binges. I have yet to conquer the food/craving battle. I don't feel the magic yet but I am truly committed to sticking through it!!

Hey, Breaking habits - I also normally have food binges, especially at night.

As far as a strategy,... If you feel a craving coming on, definitely eat something.  We're not trying to starve ourselves here!  But put down the jar of butter & make yourself a salad.  Even though leaves won't satisfy your craving, the effort it takes to eat & chew will satiate you mentally and you'll be full of good things instead of nuts & butter!  The tough part is the start.  But once that salad is in front of you instead of the nuts, it should be easy from there.  The magic is to make it *easy to get access to a salad or other good food.  It's always easier to grab a handfull of nuts or a jar of something, so it's on you to do some preparation to make good foods just as *easy to get at.  

I leave the balsamic & olive oil out on the counter & I pre-cut tomatoes & peppers in the fridge.  Lastly I always have plastic tubs of kale, arugula and spinach in the fridge.  I can make a salad in 90 seconds.  If I had to run out to the store to get all that stuff you better believe i'd be chowing down Lara Bars & cashews!

Good luck  

Archived