WMTB: Whole Living Log

widget

Hello all,

I am finding it very hard slog this time around. Perhaps it's the extreme cold weather but I find myself lacking motivation to comply or exercise. It will be a matter of just getting around to it and deciding that it is worth it. Wheat and grains are big easies to comply to. It's a snacking thing that I must get over. I did sugar out over the holidays and perhaps there is still a residual death grip that isn't letting go. 

Today, so far compliant: I had spaghetti pizza pie for breakfast and a sweet potato soup/with turkey and kale for lunch. 

onward ho,

widget

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

widget- it does appear that this has been a tad harder for me too..  all the sweets on my birthday and the week after Christmas !   but I am feeling better resolve as each day goes by. 

(the ice cream is still sitting in the freezer !!)

morning peeps !

Making my way - day 9 - and doing ok -  tomorrow have a dinner date - am stressing slightly about it ... but have looked up the restaurants menu  and think I will stick with salmon or shrimp.   they have a Special sauce they put on the salmon - I may ask them to just omit that - or not stress about it and enjoy it.   We will see how I feel about it when I get there ! 

M1 n 2 today are sw potato soup and Asian meatballs.... (again) I will have to figure out a different protein.  My daughter does like salmon so I might stop at the store and buy one for us.. although she isn't feeling that well - has some stomach thing going on, so salmon might not cut it !  she refuses to eat soup  "its gross"   so it has been jello, yogurt and some ginger ale

Tomorrow is a hair apt (over lunch again ) so will be the last of the meatballs and some fresh veggies to snack on.   Then some shopping for new pants that actually fit me !

Today is again very cold here - but the sun is out -  I hope that tomorrow is also sunny if I have to be out traveling in it.  Cloudy just makes me feel like staying in bed !!

I hope both of you are doing well

I am doing well - now. Last week was a lost one. I had a cold. Sounds silly that something that unremarkable would lay you low. But it did. I was tired, leaking from all possible places. I just stayed in, drank tea and water, made do with leftovers and easy meals. Was compliant but it was a real struggle! I did make chicken stock and ate that chicken in many meals during the week. (I even found a half of a leftover steak in the freezer...yay!) Yesterday I felt well so I cooked the Well Fed recipe for Shepherd's Pie. It was a great hit! fortunately there's enough for another dinner. I also made the Cumin-Roasted Carrots, and they were outstanding! My mother (who has Parkinson's and can't handle a fork well) was eating her carrots like french fries and loving them!

B: frozen spinach-meat muffin (they seem to multiply in the freezer...I made these months ago)

L: probably some tuna salad with W30 mayo - have to make it - and the few leftover carrots. Maybe a few almonds for the crunch.

D: early dinner because of a meeting at 6 - hubby has been craving Caesar salad. So I'll have romaine lettuce - fresh mayo - and the last of the soup chicken.

Oh - I got the Applegate chicken sausages. Last week I heated two (hubby had Kiolbassa pork sausages) and sauteed some onions, mushrooms and zoodles in ghee. It was so good I saved half for my breakfast the next day. It was a lot of  zoodles!. 

I was missing wine so last night I opened a bottle of non-alcoholic apple cider and had a small glass. It was too sweet! I had a glass of club soda - in a wine glass! as a chaser. Much better. Maybe that's the ticket...just create the illusion for my needy brain. We'll see.

This Spring there's a big Paleo conference in Austin. I'd love to go, but the tickets are several hundred dollars. Maybe I can swing a 1-day pass if they make those available later. It seems a shame to miss that opportunity so close to home!

Hang in there - we all know what to do, but darn! sometimes it's just hard to dismiss those yearnings.

Mary

Mary - I saw that Paleo convention - would be wonderful to be able to attend one - maybe someday !

I've been wanting something other than water... so club soda is good ?? 

I made the Char Sui ( or rather some of it ) into a Mexican for Brooke - and she had tacos last night.  To those leftovers I added, rice, cheese, salsa for stuffed peppers for her for during the week.  (have made it without cheese and used cauliflower rice - and it was just as yummy)

I will be going out for dinner tonight - decided on a burger place - he wanted sushi but I said I had to wait until 1/31/15 to have that... I guess I will get broccoli instead of fries.

Doing 2 hrs of OT this morning and then back home to relax - or Not - then back to work for some mentoring in the claims area - then out to dinner.  Looking forward to my date - we had a good time on Saturday - and we have a lot in common or so it seems.

I have to go get salad makings - haven't had a decent salad in a few days.

I failed at getting new pants - I am in between sizes and it is frustrating -  I need to find the low waisted pants because I get that baggy pant syndrome in the crotch area !   I am going to try another store that carries more "short" options -  for us petite girls.  ( I wish I could grow just 2 " and things would stretch out a bit !

I hope that you both have a wonderful day

Ladies,

I am going to bow out for this time. I'm just not there yet. I didn't realize that by indulging in holiday treats, that the sugar hold would be so hard to shake! Arrrrrgh. It's taking a while to finally step away. Quite insidious. It seems to be an all or nothing deal with the sugar. At least for now. 

I've also stepped away from wheat. 

But...I am going to stay with my minimal dairy: my plain yogurt and berries for breakfast. It just works for my body. 

I will keep up with reading your posts and you both know that I am in the background rooting for you. 

widget

Hi there !   Day 17  whoot whoot.

Trying to stay on track  - every day is getting easier again.  Yesterday was almost in a panic - really didn't have anything made for taking to work with me.  I am now taking M2 & 3 to work.   I managed to throw together a 'cabbage bowl'  of gr beef, sw potatoes, mushrooms, shredded spinach and shredded cabbage and coconut milk.  and it was yummy and did the trick 

today I will be having Char Sui over broccoli and cauliflower.  I made more sauce to go over the pork - it was a little on the dry side. 

Going to try and make the zucchini soup tomorrow.  I took out chicken broth and lucky for me that I put it in a pot to thaw - because the bag had a hole in it and I lost half of my broth !!  so I guess I will be making 1/2 batch !

Mary hope you are fine - and Widget if you are reading - hope you are doing well too

Hi girls! 

I need to catch up. Now that I'm over my cold - breath control isn't back, but that doesn't impact food intake - I have been exercising more regularly. Yay. Have to keep that up. My gyneologist said to exercise as regularly as taking a daily vitamin. Geez!

This weekend I had to prep for today's colonoscopy - look at me being all healthy and preventative. Last week I made the chicken bone broth and had frozen some in cupcake tins and then saved in freezer bags. Good for the prep day. I also made beef bone broth and had that available for today when I came home. That's all put up in 1- and 2- cup containers. (I see some soup in my future). Maybe next week when we get out of the 65+ temperatures again.

I have been struggling with the Whole 30 and while I'm following the guidelines most of the way, I have made some exceptions. So, I guess I'm not really doing a 30. For instance, I did have a glass of white wine at a light dinner with my husband this weekend. The meal was a pork soup with a broth & vegetable base. Black coffee. I gave myself permission.

Please comment: Part of the colonoscopy prep involved eating jello. I bought Bakol JEL Dessert from Whole Foods.  The ingredients are: Evaporated Cane Juice Vegetable Gum, Adipic Acid Potassium Citrate, Natural Flavor, Curcumin. I assume that the cane juice counts as sugar, so I was not compliant here. But it was less sugar that Jello. Also no artificial color or flavor, gluten free, gmo free and vegan...oh, kosher, too. I tried.

I am buying organic if it's available, but going with grass-fed or natural when it isn't. I have to tone down the cost somewhat. Last two weeks have been better. Tonight I made a Chinese Hot Plate from ISWF and we'll have that again on choir practice night. (My husband went back for seconds!)

Please comment: I have also decided that while I do want to commit to a primarily Paleo way of eating, I also want to make an effort to loose weight. I do need portion control since it seems that my hunger gauge is out of wack. After not eating for 1 1/2 days (except for bone broth and Jel I was tired, but not hungry.) So I joined my daughter on MyFitnessPal. I am journaling my food. Not what Melissa wants. So, again I'm non compliant. It makes me want to exercise and put it on the journal, I'm not getting overwrought about the food journaling, but a surprising amount of Well Fed or Paleo meals are already in the data base.

So, I guess I was feeling guilty and not journaling here. I'm going to keep up with you two and with my Mostly Whole 30 plan. Now I'm going to catch up on your entries for the last week or so.

Let me know what you think, please.

Mary

Widget - Boy do I understand! I look forward to your feedback to my last message. 

Tina - How tall are you? I'm 5'6" and can usually wear regular length if I'm not wearing heels. I have to go to tall if I plan to wear heels. So I have 2 pair of pants for somewhat nice. I'm not going shopping because I have some size 8s in the closet that need me to lose about 10 pounds to be comfortable. 

I have to buy Petite Short  for my little mother, and it's hard to do. I usually go to catalogues. (But I also have to buy elastic waist for her and that makes it even more difficult.) 

I'm impressed that you buy low waist pants. I carry my extra weight in my mid-section and low waist is not an option for me.

Your work sounds stressful! 2 hrs of OT, then coming home to make dinner...but you had some options. Good for you for planning! Was the cabbage bowl good? I haven't made one of those yet. My lunches are stuck on tuna with Well Fed Mayo and 1/2 avocado. But I like it. I'm finally finished with my frozen breakfast casseroles. But I'll have to make another, organic chorizo is in the freezer. It's so nice to pop something out of a frozen container while the coffee is brewing. No thought!

Did the dinner date go well?  ;)

Ladies, let me know if you go to MyFitnessPal. We could also support each other there!

Stay well!

Mary

Mary - I think you did the best you could with food under the circumstances - definitely don't beat your self up for it.   I know they say to not use other food journal sites etc.. but I guess you have to do what you have to do-if that makes you more accountable - then why not. I think if this was your FIRST Whole 30 - then ya, not acceptable.      I used to think my portions were a problem - but now with doing this program - it is not.  It is how much of good food I can eat -  and stay satisfied    I know that if I am getting hungry in between meals - 1.  I didn't eat enough protein  or 2  Not enough fat.      The staying full has helped me with the No Snacking.  If I'm not hungry - I won't be tempted.

So yesterday was bad - had to put my kitty down.  she got very sick suddenly.  I had to make the decision.  Last night I really wanted a drink -and the pizza I made for my daughter...  but I resisted both -   emotional eating at its best.   Without this program - I would have grabbed a big glass of something and dove into that pizza without a second thought.  At that moment - I thought "I'm very sad -but I don't want throw away the last 20 days"    Emotions so tied with food, and alcohol.

Today

m1 was 2 fried eggs w/ spaghetti squash fritter - I'm surprised they still taste so good even warmed up

M2  stew

M3   Cold Citrus Shrimp Zoodle Bowl    (www.paleomg.com)  on her website.  I ate it warm instead of chilling it because I couldn't wait to eat it.  Very yummy

had 1/2 coffee cup of zucchini soup and an orange for a snack inbetween M1 and M2     because M1  was a little skimpy.

My hours changed temporarily so now I can take a yoga class again on Wednesday nights.  Looking forward to that ! I really should have been doing it all along -but for some reason I just can't get into exercising at home -  never had a problem with it before.. but now I just have no desire.

Keep up the good work !

Tina - I am so sorry about kitty! Our last puppy had been with us for 21 years ... and then we had to let her go. So sad.  Good for you for not giving in to the emotional eating. You are my idol! 

I have left my Whole 30, but will try again on Monday. Have struggled with some sad information about my husband's mental health. Need to deal with it and make a plan. I have slipped with alcohol and cookies. All emotional eating. I know better. Trouble is, as always, not thinking or caring.

I did make a lovely soup. No pictures, of course!  http://www.plaidandpaleo.com/2014/12/dairy-free-cheesy-potato-soup.html

I made a double recipe since my saved chicken bone broth was almost exactly double. I also used baking potatoes - couldn't find white sweet potatoes and didn't want to make it with regular sweet potatoes. It was lovely. I also added a regular onion to the vegetables. I now have 2 generous single servings and 2 double servings (again, generous) in the freezer for future meals. Husband is under the weather with a cold, coughing, blowing nose, etc. This was great!

.Tomorrow will make the Well Fed Meatza recipe. I also was inspired by your Spaghetti Squash fritters and will make that on Sunday with some grilled pork chops, if the temperature is reasonable.  

I received good results from my bone density results yesterday, but the doctor said I need to exercise 6 times a week. So since I took today off (after 5 hours of volunteer work) and didn't exercise...tomorrow morning is the day. If I don't do it in the morning I seem to let it slide. Good to know. I have never taken a yoga class, but am interested. Just not sure where to start.

Best wishes, and I'm sorry for your loss!  I am inspired by your standing firm in the Whole 30!

Mary

Mary ~  I'm sorry to hear about your husband.....  the health and well being of our loved ones - is always our priority ....  I totally understand - but you are still eating well 95% of the time by your posts and you should be proud of it !!!!   I enjoy your recipes, and appreciate you sharing them.   It is so helpful with keeping from getting bored with my food.

I have been wanting snacks - and this weekend was hard because I had my grandson.  And he is snack King !   Very hard to not take a few of his crackers, or doritos... and I made ranch cream cheese for Brooke that I really wanted to dip into.

This upcoming weekend is a friends birthday - (good timing cuz I will be done with the 30)  so I plan on having a few drinks - they are getting together at a Mexican restaurant.  Trying to decide if I want to go all out and just eat and drink what I want, or limit my wants to just alcohol. 

I do know - this time around I will do a formal reintro of rice -  I do like to have it occasionally, like sushi  and in Mexican food.  I don't mind not having dairy - I haven't really missed it.   I have found cashew milk (without sugar!) that I actually like so I will probably have that in my diet, for something else to drink. Getting bored of just having water !!

I hope that you keep posting - but if you decide that you are not up to it - just send me a pm, we can share email addresses to keep in touch, as it would be nice to do so.

Thank you, Tina! I'll stay with posting. It's nice to know I have friends out there (widget how are you getting along?)

I made the Meatza (Well Fed) and was happy with it. Could you make it from ground turkey? I only ate half of mine since I had eaten a full lunch. Now I have a frozen half Meatza to look forward to!

Yes, I have been keeping very close to the Whole 30, just not entirely. I suppose this will be the way I'll try to carry on, with occasional planned slips.

Last night was grilled pork chops with cooked apples and string beans. Tonight is baked tilapia and spinch. I'm taking it a little easy. 

I understand what you're saying about water. Since it's a little chilly today, I'm trying just drinking some warm water. Sounds positively disgusting, but it's ok. I've downed 5 cups so far, 2 more is my goal for today. Can we say "sloshing around"? 

How nice you have an event at which to celebrate your success! Are you weighing in on Saturday? I'll be interested in hearing about your success!

Keep it up!

Mary

Hola ladies!

Tonight was a quick Ground Beef Hot plate with onion-potato-green bell pepper-mushroom-leftover tomato paste. It was quick and tasty!

Tomorrow I'm taking my mother out to lunch, but I'll stay compliant. Dinner will probably be Costco steak or leftover plaidandpaleo cheesy potato soup. Since I'm going to weigh in on Sunday, the soup is the better option!

I've been exercising more, drinking more water. All good. Also have been using myfitnesspal to encourage me to exercise more and to track my calories. Sorry Melissa, but I have to embrace my enhanced relationship with food with an awareness of calories ingested vs expended if I want to reduce my BMI, and I do.

I am down to about 3 recipes a week, with leftovers, grilling, and hot plates taking up the slack. I have yet to make the spaghetti squash fritters....it's on the list.

Miss you all!

Mary

Tina no Widget

How did your Super Bowl Sunday go? I went to a party where the hosts outdid themselves. I did ok. I brought turkey nuggets with dipping sauce, so I knew whatI could eat and how much. Paleomg.com/cilantro-chicken-nuggets. Except I had ground turkey and spring onions instead of cilantro. And, praise be, there were leftovers so we had it for a late dinner tonight after a 6:00 meeting. Easy and good!

I'm drinking my water, walking my steps, tracking my calories and eating according to W30 guidelines. I am indulging in an adult beverage here and there. My call to sweets is answered by dates or raisins, with predictable results. I have decided that this is allowable for me.

I have defrosted some organic chorizo to make another breakfast casserole, maybe tomorrow.

So, how are you doing? What was your weight loss? I lost 5.2 pounds. Not a headline, but in the right direction.and I think I'm in a good place to continue.

Stay well!

Mary

Good morning !

So I weighed my self and the scale said I did not lose 1 lb.... although my pants are loose and I finally bought a size 14 and it fits perfectly...so that tells me I did lose something but just not that day !

I totally splurged last night - in a BIG way !   I bought a container of Oreos... was on the hunt for the red velvet ones but couldn't find them.  I ate FIVE  yes 5 - and enjoyed every single bite  BUT - a few hours later I was very bloated and my stomach was not pleased with me.  So lesson learned - not sure if I will enjoy Oreos any more - just remembering how I felt after.  I do not recall ever feeling like that in the past after eating those.  I'm guessing that my body was so full of junk it couldn't distinguish one bad food from another.

On Saturday I ate as best I could for going out for lunch and dinner.  but I did have some alcohol, some apple pie moonshine and 1/2 of one Huge mango daiquiri, and then 2 cranberry and southern comforts.  So not too bad ... 

I had some headaches and chalked it up to bad food choices, but my neck has been bothering me quite a bit... so went to the back snapper and got all aligned and feel tons better already.

OK - so my goal is to get my butt moving... feel free to give me a kick in the butt and help to make me accountable.  I am starting another yoga class on Wed for the month. 

I will check out the nugget recipe - that is one meat product she will eat - so if I can make it healthier and organic - then I'm all over that.

Today I am having a egg sandwich w/ the spaghetti squash fritters as my 'bread'.   we will see how that works - cuz they are a little bit 'floppy" I have a fork on hand just in case !!

• 3 weeks later...

February 18. Ash Wednesday. A good day to start another Whole 30. I have had a really fun week...Valentine dinner, church lunch, church Fat Tuesday dinner, Gumbo at a friend's house, Girl Scout cookies,  wine. Time to rein it in! (Did I spell that correctly?)  Before I left for practice preceeding the 6:00 service, I took out 2 frozen containers of Plaid & Paleo's Cheesy Potato Soup. (No cheese!). It is so good, it should be called a comfort food!

I did make a breakfast casserole last week: shredded sweet potatoes, a little natural bacon and 4 oz of random sausage from a Christmas basket. All with onions, peppers, coconut milk and eggs. That's all portioned out and in the freezer. 

I also made the Spaghetti Squash Pizza with all sorts of veggies that needed to be cleared out of the fridge. That's in containers, too!

And I made a Beef Rib Eye. Lovely, lean roast beef! We've had it for two dinners and I think I may repurpose the remaining as a stew  and maybe some julienne strips for a salad.

Good for you, Tina, for starting the yoga class...I have never done yoga. I'm not graceful, It would be sad. I'll continue to try to walk 4 miles a day. I've been averaging 5 days a week..have to up it to 6! And add some core exercises...good thing I retired early.

I still haven't made the squash fritters. Crazy! I like the idea of using it to stack an egg in between for a change. Here's a question: I love a soft boiled egg. My grandmother always made it with buttered toast cubes in the little cup with the egg. What can I use in place of the toast? Would the fritters work? Or can you send me in another direction?

I hope you are well and the darned weather isn't getting you down! We're all mumbling because our cold temps are dipping below 40. It was freezing when I got up, but sunny and warm enough by 11 to walk outside in 2 shirts and a vest. Lovely! 

Let me know how you fare!

Widget...how are you?

Mary

Hi Tina! I'm finding my best success by keeping meals simple. Now, having said that I made "Simple Sausage and Bacon Butternut Squash Soup". It needed quite a bit more chicken stock than the recipe called for, but I had made and frozen bone broth so I was OK. My husband was happy with the bacon and sugar free turkey sausage.

I also played with very ripe bananas, eggs and some almond flour. (1 egg, 1 small banana, 2 TBSP flour). 1 T coconut oil in the skillet and watch the round cake like patties (not going to call them pancakes!). My first batch made 3 3-4" fluffy patties. My husband's batch (post breakfast snack!) I added a couple T water and that seemed to work better. You do have to watch them, they can burn if not cooked somewhat low and slow. I put some cinnamon on mine. He put syrup. We were both happy.

I was intrigued by an article in today's paper..Sunday food section. I guess because of the Lenten season it was highlighting fancy non-alcoholic drinks. One sounds good and I'm going to try it, maybe tomorrow. Earl Grey tea (2 oz), tonic water, lime. There were other more fussy ones. I kept the article. Let me know if you want more.

This is for Tina who sent me the link to her cauliflower biscuits. Sounds wonderful! Thank you, Tina! I may push this to next week so I can buy some sugar free bacon. My husband will be so excited!

From Tina: 

I omitted the jalapeno, and just used sweet peppers, and like she said do not put in a muffin tin, but on a cookie sheet... they did turn out marvelous (my friend put them in a muffin tin and they were much more dense than mine)  I guessedamated the amount of cauliflower because she used bagged cauliflower...  I made about 6-7 biscuits and they really were wonderful  I am going to make more tomorrow.

If you want to copy and paste this into our whole 30 log - please do - I can't do it for some reason

I have a laptop and a second, larger monitor. It really helps to have one website/email open on the left screen while typing/pasting into the screen on your right. It would be very difficult from one screen. I can't do the same from my iPad.

Thank you, Tina!

Mary

Today is day 7 for me and I'm staying on task. This weekend we're going to Austin for our granddaughters' 1st birthday. My daughter has great plans for a Winter One-derland party. I am making two healthy "smash" cakes...looking into sweetening with applesauce and maybe ground raisins. I think I am going to use wheat flour because this is mostly a prop for pictures. The babies are not going to eat too much of it. We'll see. I'd better get my ideas tied down soon.  

So, my biggest stumble is the wine or beer or other adult beverage. Of course that goes with chips, pretzels, cheese...all the stuff that has added to my waistline. I'm going to try the Earl Grey cocktail tonight. I have avoided all of the above with little effort while at home. My concern will be this weekend surrounded by a host of fun-loving family who are celebrating a healthy first year.

Any ideas?

Hello...  Good luck Mary -  you always seem to make things work for you !  I hear using dates is a great way to sweeten.  When time I made brownies using only dates and it is was just fine.

I am off today - have an interview at 10 -cross your fingers for me.  then off to lunch with a friend and then yoga tonight.  I am going to roast some cabbage rounds and make the cauliflower biscuits.  I really did like those - especially since they are so healthy !   and I don't feel guilty about the little bit of bacon that is in it.  I have gotten nitrate, corn syrup free bacon... can't find sugar free so that is the closest I can come.

Widget - hope you are good...

Well, after a flat tire got fixed we made our way home from the party weekend in Austin. I made 2 5-layer ombre 6 inch cakes. One lavender and one pink. The lavender was decorated with blueberries, the pink with strawberry slices. What do you think the one yr olds went for? The buttercream icing? The vanilla and almond flavored cake? No, you guessed it! The fruit! Good parenting, yay mommy!

Anyway, it was all for pictures and we have a few. So the weekend had a few indulgences, not too bad. I gained 1 1/2 pounds. Understand that I look at sugar and I gain weight!

So yesterday and today I've been back on the plan, coming in below my caloric goals and exceeding the exercise goal..but I think I may need to up those. After talking with my daughter, remember she is coming off two years in a row being pregnant with twins. She is firming up and slowly loosing weight. She is following different plans, but using the myfitnesspal food/exercise diary. So we see what we are doing and commenting. She is trying to keep her carbs/fat/protein about even percentages. My carbs are higher because of the veggies and some fruit. I think I'll start making some choices in those areas paying attention to carbs. But I really like carrots! Darn. I'll just have to plan them.

So today I made a lovely paleo chili - not the chocolate one but Paleo Sweet Potato Chili. The recipe says it makes 10 servings, but I must scoop smaller servings. Mine yielded 14 servings. Husband went back for seconds. I added some extra celery - some was exceedingly limp - and the last of my frozen beef bone broth. Have to make more soon! 
www.tastesoflizzyt.com/2014/09/.../paleo-sweet-potato-chili...

I made a turkey hot plate with veggies that needed eating and a grated sweet potato. That was last night and we have seconds in the freezer..and maybe for breakfast!

Tomorrow is Lenten dinner at church, so I'll do my best. Sunday I was planning
to make  Crispy Salmon Skin with Curry Sauce, but my Costco salmon has no skin! I may make it anyway. 

How are you doing with weather? I don't think I could cope!!

Well, I'm going to pay some bills and then maybe watch some recorded Downton Abbey. Or read.

Have a good night!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there...
I have to do some changes - my right foot pain has come back with a venegence !   so bad it woke me in the middle of the night last night.  So as I lay awake last night I decided that I must review my food and see what causing the issue.  Left left pain is still at bay ( felt a twinge here or there but nothing that is sticking around)
Since ending the whole 30 - I have been eating crackers - wheat thins or generic version;  pretzel chips, potato chips. a tortilla (from the fajita) tortilla chips.  and yesterday indulged in a muffin..  Oh and ice cream.  None of these seemed to affect my stomach.  I have eaten French onion dip;  veggie cream cheese.  a slice or two of organic cheddar cheese.   some hidden sugars here and there but nothing huge - did have honey in my tea this weekend.
I am thinking that it is the crackers, the chips, the muffin tortillas, - are causing the inflammation -  and I don't want to start my pain pills again - another possible cause for stomach issue as it is a type of ibuprofen.
So back to a whole 30 - or atleast no grains of any sorts.

Archived