WMTB: Whole Living Log

widget

Tina, I apologize to you. Your last email shows that you have done well and continue to follow the guidelines that work so well for you. I have slipped, but not terribly. My husband and I are setting out on June 2 on a 3+week driving trip. 

(SATX-Memphis, TN-Bloomington, IN-Crawfordsville, IN-Indianapolis, IN-Brown County, IN-Chicago, IL-Milwaukee, WI-Door County, WI-Upper Peninsula, MI-we'll wave at Mackinac island on our way to Traverse City, MI-Louisville, KY-Nashville,TN-Little Rock, AR-SATX.)

So, I'm on hiatus. I'll probably start on a real Whole 30 when I get back, just to realign myself. In the meantime we just joined a gym. I can do some weights, take some classes (yoga sounds like a good idea), and still keep up with my walking..just mix it up some.

I haven't tried any new, exciting recipes. I think I got tired of all my own enthusiasm. So I'll keep it simple this summer, vegetables, grilled chicken and beef, salads, eggs. Oh, and mayo. I have not been good this past month. I haven't tracked my exercise (what there has been) or my food. I need to do this. I know this. It helps me be accountable to myself. I guess I still haven't embraced the Whole 30 concept of only eating appropriate foods ... 

Whine, whine.  So, what's up for your summer? We are actually getting rain! Since we've been in an extreme drought for about 5 years we don't know what to do. I have to find some dry moments to muck about in my garden before the trip to pull all the volunteer crape myrtles from across the fence!

You are an inspiration, Tina! Keep up the good work!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived