day 3 and hungry

I'm getting hungrier by the day but I feel satiated at each meal. My meals have been as follows.

day 1

2 boiled eggs mashed with ghee

Tuna onion and mayonnaise with salad. Plum

Large roast chicken breast with roast veg

Day 2

4 scrambled eggs,1 cup spinach, 1 cup leftover roast veg.

1 roast chicken breast with skin,roasted in ghee. 1 cup Spinach and bacon. I cup roasted veg

1 tin tuna in olive oil. Large spinach and lettuce salad. Balsamic and olive oil dressing. Pickled beets. 2 slices fresh pineapple coconut milk and coconut meat.

Day 3

4 slices bacon,1 cup guacamole. 1 boiled egg

1 tin tuna in olive oil. Large spinach and lettuce salad. Balsamic and olive oil dressing. Pickled beets. Mandarin

3 lamb koftas in ghee. 3 cups stir fried veg in ghee. Garlic mayo

I think I'm eating enough fat and protein. I drink about 12 oz water a day. Exercise is light minimal while I adjust. i haven't resorted to snacking but it's getting tempting

Any ideas?

• Moderators

Something that jumps out at me -- your Day 3 breakfast. I'd be starving all day if that's what I ate for breakfast.

Bacon, to me, is more fat than protein, and guacamole, while it may have tomatoes/onions/peppers in it, depending on how you make it, is really mostly fat, so you've had a tiny bit of protein (1 egg, a bit from the bacon), lots of fat (not necessarily a bad thing, but out of balance here), and maybe some veggies. Try having 3 eggs, a piece or two of bacon, some guacamole, and 2 cups of veggies (any veggies -- sweet potato, spinach, bell peppers, onions, whatever sounds good -- just be sure there's at least two cups of them). 

If my breakfast is out of whack -- whether it's not enough protein or just not enough food -- I feel hungry all day, no matter how much I eat for the rest of my meals. It's like I can't make up for that first meal, no matter how I try.

• Moderators

I find it is hard to make up for a too light breakfast by eating more later. 

Chicken breast and tuna are both relatively low fat, so you may not get enough fat in meals where that is your protein unless you add more. Cooking fat does not really make enough difference most of the time. 

Oh, and salad is very light. After being chewed, salad takes up little space, so you are eating less veggies than it seems whenever you eat salad type food. 

Thanks all. as everything is basically saturated in ghee and/or olive oil i presumed i was getting enough fat. i didnt realise the portion of fat was in addition to what you cook with so i'll try upping that and increasing the protein. i'll also maybe stay away from salads on more onto cooked veggies.

Archived