Why is everyone else counting the days til I can drink??

aezj

It's truly frustrating that everyone seems to want to know when I can drink again! I fully support going out with them and having a good time without drinking but it seems like everyone thinks I should be drinking also. I'm on day 29 and honestly don't intend on drinking on day 31.

I faced the same thing with a few different people. I had one girlfriend who actually chose to not come over to visit if I wasn't drinking with her. :huh: I told her I was FINE with her having a few drinks, and that I would even put my Pellegrino in a wine glass if it helped her feel comfortable, but she said she'd just wait until I could have a few drinks with her. Now that I'm "riding my own bicycle", I think when she does come over, I will fill a wine bottle with appropriately-colored iced tea and just pretend I'm drinking to make her feel better (she drinks mixed drinks, not wine). :P

• 2 years later...

I've thought about what you've said...after your food reset, vin rouge and vin blanc tastes like vinegar.   Will you still use vin in your beautiful recipes?    I had some champagne at Thanksgiving.  Meh.    I'm not a drinker, sugar alcohols are addictive.  People trade food sugar for alcohol sugars.   Folks who've had WLS (weight loss surgery)   have been known to start drinking because the craving for sugar still remains in the brain.   We can remove stomachs... but the brain is still hooked on sugar.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived