need lunch ideas

• Moderators

Leftovers? That's usually what lunch at work is for me.

You could make tuna salad or chicken salad and have them in lettuce wraps or stuffed in a tomato or bell pepper, with more veggies on the side.

This broccoli salad is really good and keeps well for several days -- you could easily make it on Sunday and have it with lunch for several days. Make some meatballs to go with it or just whatever leftover meat you have.

Check out this Paleo Lunchbox Roundup from Nom Nom Paleo -- I haven't looked through every single one, there may be some that aren't Whole30, but it should be pretty easy to modify any that aren't.

There's also previous threads about this here on the forum -- here's one example, but you can google Whole30 lunches to find more ideas.

Guest Andria

I second the leftover suggestion.

I couldn't survive on plain protein and raw veggie...blech. Make a big batch of Well Fed's chocolate chili or a stew and add a cooked veg and fat and you have lunch/ dinner for days. Or tomato meat sauce and spaghetti squash or put a roast or pork shoulder in crockpot and roast a bunch of veggies....etc, etc.

So many yummy options, no need for boring lunches. Ain't nobody got time for that!

My lunches this week have been leftover frittata, kale salad and raw bell peppers dunked in mayo, and taco meat with garlic green beans (both from Well Fed 2) and raw tomato with salt/pepper/balsamic vinegar. Really, just about anything I make for dinner I also make for lunch. There are very few things that I wouldn't do for both - actually, I'm struggling to come up with any at the moment!

The meatball recipes in WF2 are wonderful for lunches. Top with leftover mashed potatoes or something, and you'll be quite happy. Hubby and I had the Moroccan Chicken and Apricot ones one day last week (they were completely leftover, frozen from the week prior's dinners) with mashed potatoes and they were lovely. Made the people around us quite jealous (working lunch). I still have to decide what kind I want to make for this week, our last full W30 week.

I've also done leftover Sweet Potato Soup (WF2) with compliant lunch meat (I don't mind eating lunch meat plain) or lunch meat wrapped around cucumber spears/in lettuce wraps/whatever. But warm lunches, especially as fall is here, are much more satisfying than cold lunch meat and veggies.

• 4 weeks later...

I eat salad/veg with tuna and avocado almost every day and never get bored, but I'm weird, I think.  Other things I've enjoyed -

-tuna or chicken salad with mayo or mashed avocado and tons of veg and spices (I like the recipe on Tom's website) - when I'm sick of salad, I make a huge batch and divide it into 5 containers and eat it all week.

-butternut squash / cashew cream / coconut milk soup and add a cut up chicken sausage and sage leaves - same as above, I'll make a batch and divide it into lunch containers for the week or freeze for another day

-whatever was leftover from dinner :)

Archived