Keeping Calm and Carrying On

GoJo09

So the speech at the med school went really well.  I also enjoyed the tour and talking to the students and professors.  I was there from 10:00am until 2:30, and was talking to people the whole time.  My speech plus Q&A was from noon-1:00.  I felt way, way overstimulated afterwards.  It was all exciting and fun, so it was good stress, but I definitely felt very stressed at the end of the day.  

The 2 hour PT helped me wind down some, but I was still stressed out.  I decided I'd been on the go enough for one day and skipped the 5:15 yoga.  I went out to eat with my husband and son and had a glass of wine.  That was nice, kind of took the edge off, but the wine did not relieve the stress.   I don't really know how to handle it when I get to that level of stress, whether good or bad.  Maybe it is a question of preplanning, you know, to shorten the activity or just know i will pay a price if I can't.

Yesterday I noticed a switch that can get tripped for me.  Sometimes I am focused on health, sometimes I am focused on appearance, and sometimes I am focused on appetite.  It can work for me if I keep those things in that order.  However, when my #1 priority becomes eating, health and appearance don't seem to matter to me so much anymore.  If I start overindulging my appetite, I can cross over to be controlled by appetite and not care about health or beauty.  

Haven't heard from you in a couple days.  I hope you are well.  

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh weird, I could have sworn I replied on Tuesday! Anyway, congratulations on the presentation, it sounds like it went well on the whole. I can't remember if you are meditating oor not, but maybe you should give it a go before and after stressors like that, too help alleviate tension.

I completely agree about the priorities - I would say for me that I've recently (ie. The last month) been able to move from focusing on looking good to focusing on feeling good, and I'm so much happier with myself overall. Does that mean I wouldn't love to lose fat and be slimmer? Of course not! It just doesn't define me.

As step two in my "why wait, you're awesome now" campaign (step one was buying and wearing the not-really-short skirt), I signed up for online dating, which I've tried before but fear of rejection made me cancel within 3 days. I made a deal with a friend that in the next week I would make first contact with 5 guys I fancied and not care about the reply I got, and reply to 5 guys who contacted me who seemed nice but I didn't fancy them. Building confidence in myself as something separate from my weight.

Have had a funny few eating days. Tuesday I was so hungry, I had morning and evening snacks. So Wednesday I made my breakfast bigger and could only eat half of it! I had a pretty hard gym session Tuesday, and then last night had my first swim training session - got home after that and was so hungry I didn't even bother with a plate, just ate my roast potatoes and lamb straight from the tupperware :-).

I have been eating a lot the past week, but don't think I've been overeating. I have had a bit of chocolate without it causing cravings or waking the sugar Dragon. I'm hoping that changing my mindset is working.

Good morning Jo,

I am excited to hear how the dating goes.  That sounds like it could be fun, especially if you have a carefree attitude. We know you are great, we'll just see if any of the boys are.  Plus it is nice to do something a little different.  

I'm not doing too well.  I feel like I got knocked off course and haven't had the will to get back.  It has been about 4 days in a row with alcohol and sweets.  I feel  the cravings coming back.  I am going to have to get back on my feet today for sure, whatever it takes.

I think meditation is a good idea.  I usually spend some time in prayer in the morning, but need to stop and meditate at other times too.

Feel a little depressed about my 'failures.'  I am trying to love myself and help myself through the bad choices to a better place.  Sigh.

I'm not doing too well.  I feel like I got knocked off course and haven't had the will to get back.  It has been about 4 days in a row with alcohol and sweets.  I feel  the cravings coming back.  I am going to have to get back on my feet today for sure, whatever it takes.

Feel a little depressed about my 'failures.'  I am trying to love myself and help myself through the bad choices to a better place.  Sigh.

Oh my goodness, I could have written that this morning! Since I had the work dinner last Wednesday, it's been any excuse for a drink or a sweet - I ate a block of (organic dark) chocolate yesterday at work! You know why? Because it was in my drawer and I was looking at Tastespotting (a food blog roundup site!). Just looking at recipes of sweets makes me overeat!  I haven't been "craving" it (yet), but I've been falling in to the "I can handle it, a little bit won't hurt" trap!

And a lot of my meals have been of less than optimal construction too and it's starting to show on my body.

I'm trying not to care about weight and follow the advice of the body image people, but it's two steps forward, one step back. Which I guess is at least still one step forward :). And of course I've woken up this morning feeling low and headachey, because too much sugar makes me depressed and anxious. And the worst part is, I haven't truly enjoyed any of it, except maybe half the piece of my birthday cake on Monday.

I also heard yesterday that low body temperature and low pulse are signs of a slow metabolism - and I'm always cold and have been questioned at the blood bank because my pulse is so low! Bought a thermometer yesterday, and my basal temperature (first thing in the morning) is only 36.4C (97.5F), which is low.

Back to no processed foods for me (incl. Larabars). And no Tastespotting (I hadn't looked at it in ages, but my boss was looking at birthday cakes).

Here is my pattern, work all day and play in the evening. It seems like we have had company a lot, I have drinks with friends or family when we get together.  My son has been bringing me treats and I just eat them.  Which I did again last night.  But somehow today I woke up and got my energy and my focus back.  I feel like I am ready to settle down and get back on track.  Its weird how sometimes you just have to let something run its course.

We have Thanksgiving coming up the last Thursday of November. It is the mega meal of the year, and it kicks off the mega food season of the year that runs through New Years.  Then is is mega diet time.  That is the cultural pattern.  Really, people have tons of parties and bring food to work or to friends' homes as part of the festive season.  We get food gifts in the mail steady from Thanksgiving to Christmas.  The national average is to gain between 7-15 pounds during the holidays.  Yikes!

Plus there are all the childhood memories, baking cookies with Mom, making homemade caramel to give away, certain treats and meals that are part of our tradition.  This is not my first year to resist, so I have some experience with just 'window shopping.'  It does put a healthy fear in me, that if Im not on my toes I can get swept up in this momentum that won't stop until January.  I think that is also why I am ready to snap out of it on the self indulgence.

I have an outpatient surgery coming up Nov 20, then I start with my new cycling coach Dec. 1  I will be so careful to eat healthy foods to speed recovery and avoid weight gain during the down time.

Any news on the dating front?  Any one of them would be lucky to catch your eye.  But are they good enough for you?!!

Sorry I've been a little AWOL. Been struggling a little bit with things. I've puffed up a little over the past couple of weeks, I think the culprit is eating more carbs, as I was very low carb - so I feel better physically (hiking wasn't a struggle on Sunday like it has been) but I don't like how I look. Even though I'm trying really hard not to give that any traction. I've probably been eating about 85% compliant, and my non-Whole 9 foods aren't terrible (a few drinks, a packet of sweet potato chips, that kind of thing - not like I've eaten a loaf of bread or an entire cake!), but portions have been a little out of whack, with too much protein and fat and not enough vege, I think. Often I've been eating my dinner, and then going back and eating more meat straight from the Tupperware! You know, I think I need to stop doing slow cooked shredded meat on the weekends - even if I just had it as a sliced roast, I wouldn't eat it the way I do when it's shredded, for some reason.

It is so, so easy to get swept up in the "special treats" over November and December, isn't it? We don't have Thanksgiving, but November is when we're coming in to summer, so there's so much more drinking and excuses for eating rubbish. And really, it is just an excuse, isn't it? I'm with you, I don't want to wake up in January with my pants even tighter! I think I will go back to listing my food here, so that you can keep a check on my vege intake!

BF: shredded pork and sauerkraut, couple of bites of roast potato/sweet potato, spoonful of coconut cream (OK, not off to a great start!)

Pre-WO: tuna in oil

L: baked chicken thigh, asparagus and capsicum

D: Omelette w/  stirfry vege

Hope you're doing well, April?

Hi Jo,

Sorry to hear you are struggling.  If its any consolation I am too.  It is so weird how I can swing from so much self control to so little.  I'm about in the same place, 85% compliant w w30.  My meals are for sure, but I keep adding in alcohol and sweets at the end of the day.  It is a vicious cycle.  Because now I feel tired and depressed, so what do I want?  Alcohol and sweets.

I'l  start listing food again too.

B:  two boiled eggs

L:  Salad w sliced chicken, avocado and olive oil, plus an apple

D  Roasted chicken, zucchini, and half a sweet potato with butter.  Plus a martini and half a glass of wine and some rice krispy treats with chocolate.

If I took off that last sentence it would have been a great day.  What is my goal today?  I guess I'll get serious and plan no sugar or alcohol. So I need to plan something else fun after work.  It is cold here now and dark at 5:30, so if I want to ride my bike I have to leave work early or ride in the dark for a bit.  That might be fun though.  I have good lights and there is a paved trail that is lit.  Otherwise I can go to a fitness class after work.  I have to psych myself up bc I am usually not motivated for a class after work.  

I am sick of this!  Surely I can commit to one day to get back on track!

Morning Jo

yesterday's food:

B:  2 eggs, boiled

L  Bone marrow broth w beef and carrots, acorn squash, apple

D:  wine, cod, zucchini noodles, butternut squash, Peanut Butter Rice Krispy treats homemade.  

I just read the ingredients in the marshmallows in the rice krispies.  Oops,  yuck.  I do have a recipe where you cook honey and peanut butter instead if I just have to have more.

went to my 5:45 workout.  Lunch was good, not too filling, but I wasn't too hungry to wait for dinner.  As you can see I am still playing around w wine and Rice Krispy Treats.  I don't know what is up w the rice krispies.  I have not had them for years, more of a childhood treat, but as you have heard, I have had them quite a few times lately.  I am being gentle and patient with myself til I can figure out what I am doing and get back on track.  I do feel out of control.  Not horrible, but definitely off track.  

I am planning on the Jan 1 W30 massive group start.  What do you think about joining in?

Gah, I'm not trying to be slack, honest! I've been trying to spend less time reading dietary stuff, and that includes these forums, but I didn't intend to stop checking in with you!

I'm over my little hump of self-pity, and back to embracing life as it comes, including the odd treat or drink. Although my dinner yesterday was two bowls of paleo granola with strawberries and almond milk! And a glass of wine... :)

I've also just been to the naturopath and got some thyroid and energy support supplements, as I'm fairly certain mine is under-performing. So hopefully that will help things out a little too. 

Only made it to the gym once this week, but it was just too hot to think about going today at lunch (it's 100F outside right now. I don't want to go and purposely sweat, sorry!). But I did have swimming on Wednesday night, and tomorrow is the beach session.

Just make sure you're eating enough - your meals look really light, and under-eating isn't going to help with weight loss. Is it the crunch, the rebellion, the comfort of the Rice Krispie treat? Is there something you can substitute? Because even as a treat, they're not ideal!

I saw this on Facebook yesterday, which I think is a really great intro to playing around with meal breakdowns http://www.precisionnutrition.com/fix-a-broken-diet-infographic (although my online coach said that he didn't think I was a Type O, which is what I think I am).

I also have a date on the weekend - my first one from my online experiment, so hopefully I can keep my anxiety under control for that. Lots of mediation tonight and tomorrow, I think!

Breakfast: 4 eggs, 1 small grated potato and mushrooms, 2x coffee with almond milk and tsp coconut oil (I'm playing around with carbs - that link above suggests 1/2c carbs and 2 thumbs of fat for a Type O - the potato was about the size of a golf ball, which seems about right)

Lunch: grilled chicken and salad, and a small Luvju mint choc (these are raw dark choc - not sure if you have them?), and a kombucha

Dinner: steak and coleslaw - I don't have any mayo, but I'll make some kind of dressing to go on this. Plus probably a glass of wine. Because eff it. :)

I just read through this page of your posts and smiled huge when I saw your photo in the red skirt. I really really like that piece of advice from Jason Seib and I copied it so I could paste it somewhere and reflect on it later.  And after reading that, I saw your photo and what I saw was a really happy group of friends and a woman in a hot red skirt.  It was great and it really drove home the idea that Jason was trying to make about things being in our own heads - I've got plenty of those things! :)

And then a bit later I saw you were going to try the online dating thing.  Good for you!  It's how I met my husband, and while I think it's a weird way to do things, it's also kinda neat.  I remember feeling like I was flipping through a rolodex and just filtering people out until I could find people with similar interests (so much easier and faster than going out and actually TALKING to people).  I ended up sending my guy a message because I liked his smile.  His profile was kinda lame and cliche, but his smile was nice and made me smile and then we found common interests in our emails.  I say go for it!  And try to focus on you doing the selecting instead of the other way around.

I love the conversations you and April are having.  Do we really gain 7-15 pounds during the holidays!?  Ugh.  I know last year I was did in with Snickerdoodles and Egg Nogs.  This year, I'm going to try to stick to the Paleo treats if I can and limit the alcohol which I think is just a tricky way for my brain to get in more sugar.

Hope you have a great date - Kudos to you!!  

Hi Emma! Thanks so much for the compliments! It's so funny isn't it - I got a friend to review my dating profile and she said "it's great, but my only gripe is you've described your body type as average, and it should be totally rockin'!" and yet all I tend to see is the "defects".

I am honestly super nervous about dating, because I feel like I'm a boring person - but I need to change my story from "I'm really shy and find it hard to talk to people" to "I'm confident and worth the effort to get to know me" - we make our own reality!

Please feel free to join us, Emma - we're far from perfect and as you have seen, trying to figure things out for ourselves :)

Hi Jo 

I agree Emma, you are welcome to join in the conversation.

Jo, I read a great book recently called "the Introvert Advantage."  I am balanced, slightly more extroverted, but work with all introverts.  It helped me so much to understand my co-workers and introverted friends.  Also, it helped me accept myself.  My point is, maybe you are an introvert and that makes it harder to meet and talk to new people.  If true, that awareness might help you accept your own approach to new people and be more at ease with your discomfort in the situation.  Anyway I am excited that you are trying out something new.  

Loved the "having wine, bc eff it!"  I'm there right now too.  I am over the rice krispies, thank God.  :-)  My new phrase to myself is "just walk away!"  Finding that if I find a way to put time or space between me and the temptation I don't have to give in before it is over.  That being said I did have wine last night.  I do seem to be doing better about not snacking.  I feel cautious about how much to eat since I am riding less.  But I eat until satisfied and have not been hungry between meals.  

B:  Breakfast scramble w sausage, egg, cabbage and sweet potato

L:  trout almondine, spinach with butter, asparagus

D:  red wine, beef stew, rutabaga, carrot.  small bit of good chocolate w coconut, decaf

Jo, Funny - you're not boring at all!  Look at the conversations you guys have been having!!  I haven't read The Introvert Advantage, but I did read Quiet and it was really good.  A friend recommended it to me and I read it thinking of my son, but couldn't help but think of myself and many others.  It was not a simple introvert/extrovert book, but instead a good catalyst for discussion on how we warm up to situations or interact in certain situations.  It certainly made me feel more validated for just who I am.   I'd have loved to have friends reading it at the same time for a book talk.  (I'd also have enjoyed discussing The Happiness Project because there were some neat ideas in there worth reflecting on)

Definitely you should change your story :)

Probably I should too :) 

Thanks for the book suggestions, The Introvert Advantage is at the library so I'll check it out - I'm definitely an introvert! It's funny at maternal family gatherings - they're all super loud and extroverted and dad and I sit there trying to say something every now and again and just getting talked over. Then we'll both be like "Yep, I need some alone time" and goand read a book :-). It's only in the past few years that my mum has come to understand me - and I guess it's only the past few years that I've articulated how hard it is for me to go into unknown situations or to interact with large groups or groups of strangers.

I can't say my nutrition yesterday was any better - I had a glass of wine after work and then all I wanted was toast with nut butter. Oh well. I'll get in a routine soon. I'm def up for a Whole 30 in Jan, but I'll be starting around the 8th as I'm hiking until then (I will be making my own food, but vege doesn't feature too heavily as it's calorically poor value). But until then I'll keep following the guidelines, as they're the best thing for keeping me sane!

Hi Jo and Emma-

Jo,

Two of my favorite people in the world, my daughter Margo and my cycling partner Jim, are both introverts.  I never ever thought they were boring. They are both great listeners and when they talk they usually say something worth hearing.  People who don't know them well may think they are aloof but certainly not boring.  I always thought that as introverts they had an advantage in relationships bc they are just less needy than extroverts.  Plus I have always thought it was an advantage to be able to keep your thoughts to yourself, something I am not naturally good at.  

So to summarize, people probably see you differently than you see yourself.  It can be a tremendous advantage to be an introvert bc you seem to be centered inside yourselves, and are less impacted by the need for others or their approval.  It is a strength to be self contained.  In contrast, as an extrovert I sometimes feel like a puppy wagging my tail trying to get someone to play.  ugh.

That being said, I think extroverts are needed to help get things started with social interaction.  If you end up on a date with another introvert it may be pretty quiet at first.  :-)  Just my two cents worth as your online friend.  

We had our first snow today!  It is very early for us.  It is supposed to be a hard winter.  I went for a 30 mile bike ride yesterday afternoon at about 38'.  I forgot my shoe covers and my toes got numb.  Cycling shoes are vented to help keep cool, so shoe covers are essential in cold weather.

After the bike ride I couldn't quit shivering so I had a very small (1 oz) tequila, no ice.  Medicinal!  

My kids were all home last night.  We had a lovely evening by the fire reading while the boys watched football.  Very cosy. I had about a glass and a half of wine over the course of our festive evening cooking and then sitting by the fire.  And a tiny shot of Frangelico (hazelnut liquor) in a coffee after dinner.  Bliss, all!

B:  Poached egg on mashed rutabaga w a piece of bacon

L:  leftover beef stew yum!

Bikeride:  rx bar

D  Roast duck, spinach, sweet potato.  1/4 a paleo (sugar free/grain free) apple dumpling  

The duck was so yummy!  I have a Breville toaster oven that doubles as a convection oven.  I really like it bc I can set the timer and it turns off automatically.  So I left the duck to slow roast 2 hrs while I was riding my bike.  Then rubbed it with honey and roasted one hour more.  It was a beautiful mahogany color.

I wish you lived here so I could invite you over for dinner.  

April

Oh wow, your evening by the fire sounds delightful! It doesn't snow in Sydney, so I have to go home to NZ to get my fix of cold and fires. (Technically I could just go up into the mountains, but I like going home). Do you have a wind trainer so you don't have to go out in the cold?

I like your thoughts about introverts - I do listen well :-). Most of my friends are extroverts so it works out well.

Well the weekend was a complete bust. My online coach (Jason Seib) wants me to try Carb cycling again, which is strict Paleo but with carbs only at specific times. But he wants me to work out what will work for me so I don't go crazy. Well, I fell right in to the old "starting a new diet" mentality and ate crap all weekend. I think it may also have been a bit of anxiety as I was supposed to have a date Sunday, and then it didn't happen so I was maybe a bit disappointed. Either way, I ate a little tub of ice cream (cookie dough too!) On Sat and another one on Sunday! I feel silly but not guilty or like I'm a bad person.

Today's food:

3 eggs, mushroom and coleslaw cooked in butter. Chai with coconut cream and MCT oil

chicken salad

dinner I'm not sure - I have a date (with a different guy!) After work so will have one drink and then eat something when I get home.

I'm not sure about the gym today because I don't want to be sweaty and yuck for the date. Plus I don't want to have to lug my gym bag to the date...

Oh plus I applied for a job, and hopefully I'll hear in the next few days if I have an interview! I saw the founder of the company at swimming on Sat (it is with the non-profit that organises the fundraising swimming) and told her that I'd applied and she seemed excited. Fingers crossed

Hey April and Jo - 

One of my old students just posted this on Facebook and I thought of you guys.  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/07/physical-behavior-of-introverts_n_6069438.html

It's not anything in depth, but it's always nice having myself reaffirmed as normal and not lacking.  

A good snowfall sounds fantastic (unless you're out biking in it).  We should have had a bunch of snow by now, but instead have nothing which is similar to last year.  Dang!  I love the cold blustery blizzardy winters and without the snow, it's just cold and un-fun.

I love cookie dough ice cream.  

Jo, Hope you have a good time on your date and hear back soon about that interview!

Very accurate article, Emma!

Date was fine. The guy was nice and all. Had a glass of wine (which I took ages to drink rather than sipping it all in 20 mins to give me something to do with my hands). Came home and had no food so had some coconut cream and sauerkraut for dinner. Well rounded. The best thing about the date was I did it. With minimal anxiety.

Got an interview for the job on Thursday which is very exciting. But there's always that feeling that you're betraying someone and sneaking around. I'm good friends with my boss but I really can't tell her.

Cupboards ate pretty bare, will have to get some groceries on the way home tonight. Today's food:

Egg, mushroom and coleslaw - same as yesterday

Gym

Tuna and salad

Whatever I buy for dinner, probably chicken

have to bake a birthday cake tonight too.

You did it!  You went on a date!  That's awesome.  I know dating is not the most important thing in the world, but it's supposed to be a fun healthy thing to do and you just did it.  That's cool.  And yay for the interview.  Good things happening.  

Yes Jo congrats on the date and interview!  All your confidence is paying off.  Congrats on the no or low anxiety.

And Emma thanks for the link. 

I am remembering that Melissa said it took her 3 years and several whole 30's to get to a point where she was mainly stable and on plan.  I am sure not feeling that way now, but that gives me hope and the desire to keep getting back on track when I fall off.  I am stressed right now and feeling low energy for tackling challenges.  Even small ones like not having wine at the end of a hard day when I want it.  

I am feeling upset w my husband over some life issues and I am not eating as well as I should, plus I am having wine.  Tempting to blame the low grade depression on the emotional issues, but I'm having a sneaking feeling that "it starts with food."  I think if I would take better care of my body, I would be better able to handle the obstacles.  Quite a vicious circle.  Thinking I need rest and stress management to get a few good days under me.  

B:  egg, salmon, half an avocado, last little bit of mashed rutabaga

L:  salad w steak slices

D: Gluten free pizza and red wine, RX Bar, AND Lara bar

I did my cardio-scupt yesterday morning and am planning on a spin class (yuck) after work today bc it is about 21' here today.  That is unusually cold for us.  I do have a trainer for my bike which I use a lot on cold winter mornings,  but I just can't seem to make myself use it after work.

Vicious circle indeed!  My plummet into unhealthy foods and depression this summer was a good wake up call into that nasty cycle.  I hadn't read about Melissa and the three year thing - that's rather nice to know.  I imagine it will take me longer than that :) 

It's hard to focus on eating well when we're not feeling well and frustrations with our partners are really taxing.  And then really frustrating to always put more responsibility on ourselves which leads me to feel ashamed at my lack of will power or focus.  I do lots of, "I'm human" self talks to be more compassionate with myself so I can avoid those guilt trips that drag me down.  Hope you get some rest and renewal in the next few days April.

So I am doing better.  I had a small surgery and am enjoying laying around resting with a good book.  I had a good day eating yesterday, no sugar or alcohol.  I find it easier to pay attention when the stakes are high, i.e. need to heal and can't work out, so I am super careful with my food.  Funny thing is I am already starting to feel more cheerful.  I am sure part of it is just the resting, but I know most of my moods depend on what I eat or drink.  Then, once a life event gets me headed in the right direction, it gets my momentum going and is easier to maintain.

Emma, what country do you live in?  Are you an Aussie like Jo?  Can you tell me a little about yourself?  

It is so nice to have friends to talk to on this journey!

B: nothing before surgery

L  Salmon and broccoli

D:  Bone broth with carrots cooked in, a chicken thigh, half a sweet potato with butter.  very satisfying!

Hope you both are well.  

April

Resting day 2

B:  chicken thigh and zucchini soup

L:  Bone broth with zucchini carrot and chicken, mashed rutabaga w butter

D:  more bone broth and some mussels

The nice thing about tracking food is that we get to see ourselves change direction.  I gives me faith that I will eventually come back around when I get off course.

Still rest and recovery for me.  I am still enjoying the quiet time to read and watch movies.  

The temperature is back up in the 60's.  I wish it had been nice when I could ride and freezing when I am home.  Winter is by no means over.  In Oklahoma we get a break in between bouts of freezing could and snow with milder temps.

April, Sounds like a nice resting day and just what you needed.  I read something somewhere last night (that I didn't save) that talked about our moods and our foods and it got me thinking about that connection.  Argh - I can't even remember what site I read it on and of course, NOW, I want to read it again. :)

I live in Alaska.  We have no snow.  We should.  I have two young kids and work part time with young adults.  I worked full time with my kids as newborns and babies and then got hit big time by lots and lots of rolling viruses and nasty asthma attacks and realized my body needed a serious break.  I stopped work, focused on losing a good chunk of weight, and then our family did our first Whole30 in April of 2013.  I kept off about 30 of the 40 pounds pretty easily just eating clean at home, until this summer.  My desire is to be a healthy older parent and right now I'm not.  I'm okay, but not solid enough to be a healthy parent ten or twenty years from now.  When I exercise I get injuries easily.  I get sick easily and have a hard time getting re-balanced.  I know food underlies much of my stuff and I know I've got lots of inflammation so at some point I'd like to be healthy, steady, and energetic enough to get my weight to a truly healthy zone so I could get out of this ugly unhealthy loop I'm in.

What books are you reading?

Archived