1/3 In Whole 30

reece1932

Hello,

I started my first Whole 30 before familiarizing myself with the forum.  Lots of excellent information and ways to hold myself accountable.  Just found this log area.  Great idea, even if I am the only one who reads it (it is for me after all).

The reasons I decided to do the whole 30 are multiple.  The first time I heard about it was when I mentioned that I needed to lose weight but finally have accepted that I can't exercise it all off.  It really does start with food.  My job has been increasingly stressful so the exercising itself had gone to the wayside (slowing building myself back up.)

After hearing about the program, I decided I needed to shift my mentality and focus more on improving my health than getting back into the clothes that don't fit.  A lot of bad patterns have resurfaced in the last couple of years.  I have been drinking too much.  It should not be my way of coping with stress.  I also had taken up smoking again after quitting for 5 years.  I have issues sleeping, skin problems, weight issues, and an increasingly lack of motivation and energy as I age.

I'm now on Day 9.  I do think I am falling asleep earlier.  My skin is actually getting worse at the moment but I expected that.

Here is what i have done so far.  I hope I am able edit this later to add to the log.

Wake-up - 7:50 (thanks Meow Meows).

Coffee -- 12 ounces ( I know, I know but I didn't feel like cooking yet)

Breakfast - 9:10

4 eggs fried in tallow

2 cups acorn squash

Lunch - 1:30 (went out with friends)

2 eggs  fried in who knows what

5 sweet potato slices (no sugar or flour added)

Tea 

NAP!! - 3:00-4:50 

Snack - 5:00

Nuts and proscuitto

Dinner - 7:30

Shrimp and cauliflower rice

I guess the nap is indicative of the "so sleepy" phase.  I'm not much of a napper.  The only time I do is if I had a bit too much to drink the night before.

I still need work on making sure that I am eating at regular intervals as that is a big issue for me. 

Day 10

Wake up - 7:05 (Maribelle aka Meow Meows has been wanting me to get up since 5)

Breakfast -- 8:00

Mustard Pork Patty

Sauerkraut

Kale in Lard (with fried garlic, shallots, and baked prosciutto!)

Coffee

I surprisingly have had no issues going black with my coffee.  I never put sweetener in it but did use milk (usually grass-fed which I realized was the only thing I used milk for).  I've been drinking it black and limiting my intake for a month prior to officially starting so I've been used to it.

I did have a dream last night where I tried a bite of pumpkin pie which was on sample without thinking and then realized that I had broken the whole30 and had to start over.  There also was dark, dark chocolate something (although I didn't try it).  I remember actually being a little annoyed that I accidentally broke it on pumpkin pie and not the chocolate. 

Oh, those dreams are killers aren't they! :) I love pumpkin pie and was thinking of it this morning, but I bet if I start planning ahead, I can figure out how to make some paleo pumpkin pies and foods for Thanksgiving dinner.   Good going on getting to ten days.

Oh, those dreams are killers aren't they! :) I love pumpkin pie and was thinking of it this morning, but I bet if I start planning ahead, I can figure out how to make some paleo pumpkin pies and foods for Thanksgiving dinner.   Good going on getting to ten days.

Hope your planning is going well, Emma.  Sounds like a nice Thanksgiving.  I had another dream that I "accidentally" had a bite of bread which I used to sop up sauce.  Again, mad at myself for having to start over.  Wonder if some crazy pig out dreams are next.

Obviously my daily log has fallen to the wayside.  I may get back to it but figured it is better to slack on that than slack on the diet.

Day 13, almost done!  Everything is going well so far although I need to teach my cat how to do dishes.....so many dishes when cooking every meal.

Emily

Archived