Starting October 13

Janeen Renee

Hello all!

So I am totally new to the whole30 lifestyle. I, like most people, consider myself to be healthy but didn't realize what impact some of my food choices were having on me. I have several friends that have done the whole30 and are actually on their second or third time and finally decided that now is the time to get started. This is going to be a big change but I'm ready!

Hi Janeen Renee!!

Congrats...I was in your shoes 8 days ago!  You can TOTALLY do this!!!

I had a friend who finished her 2nd Whole30 last month and she is feeling (AND LOOKING) great!!!  That's what I would like as well.  Healthy body and mind!!!

Thought I would cry without a glass of wine or two, but haven't missed that at all, which I find SHOCKING!

My 13 yr old daughter and husband have LOVED all of the dinners so far so we will see how week 2 goes!

I have a few websites with extra recipes if you need some, otherwise...YOU GOT THIS!

Cyndi

Hey Janeen and Cyndi, me and my mom plan on starting tomorrow as well, and I'm excited and a little bit nervous as well! I have some friends who have started and completed their 1st whole30 and they feel amazing afterwards, so hopefully I will be able to stick to it! But I wish you guys all the best :) 

I am also starting tomorrow (10/13).  I am very anxious.  I currently have debilitating health, and I am hoping Whole30 changes that.  I am going to the grocery store today to get a week's worth of food.  I am very thankful that my husband and family are very supportive.  I also bought an egg cooker based on a video I saw of a person who completed Whole30 and did a vlog of what might be helpful.  :)

Hey everybody! I started my second round today. Happy to know I have some friends on this journey.

I did not have trouble eating compliantly today, but I did have trouble eating as much as we are encouraged to eat. I am still getting over a sore throat and head cold combo that laid me low all last week. I am aiming to imorove that every day this week and hoping to kick the bug out the door as I go. :)

My day's food:

Breakfast: scrambled eggs with spinach and bell peppers, black coffee

Lunch: just an apple. It was all I could do. Lots of water.

Supper: lettuce salad topped with taco beef (seasoned with homemade seasoning)

Hope you have all had a successful day. We can certainly make it through 30 days!

Hello everyone today was day 1 for me as well. I read a lot about whole 30 and have always believed food is killing us. Looking to get rid of pain. Lose some lbs. and have more energy. Have a headache now but about to eat dinner so hopefully that will change. Day 1 almost over! glad to be here!

Hi everyone, how are you all getting on?

I also started Day 1 on Oct 13 - I am in Australia so time zones are likely a bit out of whack with most of you. I am going great so far, I have gone cold turkey from what I would consider a 'regular diet' with plenty of bread, rice and pasta - and cheese/yoghurt (these I will miss). I'm doing this to gain more energy and lose some weight. My health has been awful in the past year after being diagnosed with ovarian cancer (I'm only 33!) a year ago - thankfully the cancer is dealt with, but I have lingering fatigue that I am fed up with.

I've got a meal blog thread on the log part of the forums, but would love to touch base with others at the same stage of the program.

All the best to you all!

Archived