Nourishing Fourth Whole30

annyshay

Starting my fourth whole30 today in order to re-establish a positive relationship with food and move towards a healthy life that is in rhythm.  Food is not my enemy.  Food is a creative, loving way to nourish myself and my loved ones.  I'm going to try to be more mindful during this whole30 and ask for lots of support.  I'd love to have you follow along on my journey!

Food and meals with others sure are nourishing - too bad I slip into pizza nights out with beer and isolated eating so easily! :) I'm a Whole30 repeater as well and in need of it.  I learned so much before and felt so good, but it takes a lot of time and mistakes to break those decades of other ways of doing things.  Best to both of us!

Thanks, Emma!  What day are you on?  Feeling ok?

Day 1 went well, although a bit more hurried that I'd like.  My current schedule has me working long overnight shifts.  I had my first meal at 3am - chicken curry on a bed of lettuce.  My second meal was at 3pm - kalua pig, collards, over easy eggs, and an apple.  Third meal was at 8pm when I had chocolate chili.  So far so good.  Slept well thanks to a quiet house, yellow glasses, and white noise.

Here's to day 2!

I think I'm on Day Six.  Laughing.  Terrible I can't remember and I just posted on my own day!!  I'm somewhere in the first week and feeling okay.  I'm actually feeling great overall.  I've been sick and sleeping poorly and busy, but I am getting better so that, combined with the lack of processed foods and sugars in my body, does feel good.  I forget what the timeline says about things, but hope that I luck out and get past the grumpy tired days without noticing.  Your schedule sounds rough, but your meals sound fantastic!  What are yellow glasses?  Cheers to Day Two!

Yellow glasses block out the blue light that tells your brain to reset your circadian rhythm.  Good for getting to sleep at odd times.

Glad you are feeling good, Emma, and I hope you're body forgets to be grumpy or tired!

Day 2 and 3 went not too badly.  Highlights of food have included pot roast, plantain nachos, and chicken fajitas.  Mmmmm.  Also, I am so glad it is apple season right now.  I <3 apples.

There's a few more hours between me and sleep... These are the slowest hours of the night.  Still, sleep is soon.  :)

Day 4

1) Apple, Korean Short Ribs

2) Yankee Pot Roast, Sweet Potatoes, Cherry Tomatoes, all the Tea

3) Apple with Sunbutter, Plantain Chips, Wild Alaskan Cod Pieces (teehee) cooked in ghee, lettuce, steamed broccoli, cherry tomatoes, and a mix of horseradish and olive oil mayo.

Mmmmmmmm.  Eating well, feeling well.  :D

I too love that it's apple season.  I go to our store all year hoping for organic apples and it is finally now that they get them.  Ahhhh so good!  Tomorrow I plan to make some dried apple crisps for the kids - seems so extravagant!  Way to go on eating well and feeling well!

Day 5

1) ....Can't Remember, but definitely on plan

2) Lettuce, Platain Chips, Guacamole, Onions, Peppers, Salsa, Wild Alaskan Cod Pieces

3) Korean Short Ribs, Ratatouille, Cahews/Almonds/Raisins

Day 6

1) Apple, Bone Broth, Sunbutter

2) Greens, Chicken Curry

Didn't eat enough yesterday, and now I am still hungry despite a big breakfast.  I cannot wait to flip back to days and start eating at normal times again, but it's over a week to go.  Still, keeping strong.  Prepped veggies and made plans for cooking this weekend.

Day 7

1) Greens, Mushrooms, Sweet Potato Home Fries with Peppers, Two Eggs Over Easy, green tea

2) Yankee pot roast, steamed broccoli, olive oil, tea

3) Chicken curry, eggplant, pear, tea

I will charge forward with protein, veggies, and TEA!  Not too bad, but I'm running out of food again.  Time to get cooking soon!

Day 8

1) Greens, chocolate chili, apple

2) Paleo picnic with friends at the lake!!! (I had meatballs, carrots, guac, tea, and apples mmmmmmmm)

3) Sauerkraut and vampire-fighting pork stew

Cooked up a butt load of food in 4 hours tonight.  Going strong.  Tomorrow the dentist gets to shame me about how much tea I drink.  :P

Archived