Starting tomorrow October 13 :)

iwennie

Hello everyone,

I plan on starting my first whole 30 days tomorrow. I am excited to start this so I can change my eating habits and become more healthy in the process, because I love snacking, I love candy/chocolate and I also tend to stress especially in school with exams/homework and being up late studying :/ but hopefully I will be able to eliminate my bad eating habits and replace them with more healthier choices. I'm happy I found out about this form and I look forward to getting more healthy!

I wish everyone all the best :)

P.S who else is planning on starting tomorrow (October 13)?

All the best,

Irene :)

Hi Irene-I am starting tomorrow too! Nervous but excited.  I need to get my eating and drinking under control. I hope this will be like a big reset button for me.

Good luck and lets cheer each other on!  :)

Maureen

I'm (re)starting tomorrow as well.. The first time I tried, I failed on the 5th day.  This time I'm focus to complete the whole 30 days. I have already planned the week ahead, and cooked my lunch and dinner for tomorrow and tueday's lunch as well. Yey! I guess this is a good start.  For bfast, I plan to cook it in the morning until I get use to cooking bfast a night before.  

I am also starting tomorrow.  I did my first whole 30 last year about this time, and I stick pretty close to the plan most of the time.  I feel like I have allowed too many foods that encourage inflammation, so I am going to do another whole 30 to see if I can figure out what is bothering me.  My joints have been kind of sore again recently.

Hello everyone!

I hope everyone had a great successful Day 1 and Day 2 so far!

I'm actually finding it hard to eat dinner because before I usually just ate 2 meals a day and snacked so now that I'm making an effort to eat 3 meals a day by the time dinner is here I'm still full from lunch, but hopefully my body will start to adjust- anyone else experiencing this?

Heather, I have not experienced any heartburn so I can't comment on that :/ but hopefully you find some answers, or maybe it has something to do with what they ate maybe? 

Hope everyone has a fantastic rest of the day/night :)
Irene

Wow Irene, you have a whole bunch of people along for the journey. I started the week before all of you and it has been a journey. I think if someone is getting heArtburn, it is probably something they are eating. I love a good salad but if I put too much cabbage in it (and I love cabbage in my salads), I wil get really gassy (TMI?). so I would look at that first. I am keeping a food journal so I can look back at what I eat, in the event something like that happens to me.

You say you struggle with dinner and I struggle with breakfast. I am never hungry for breakfast so eating it had been a real struggle for me. But like you sY, you just have to keep keeping on!

Much success on your journey. And I keep Popping in to see haw things are going.

Littlelove

That's Day 3 finished for me, I am feeling good, not hungry between meals, enjoying the food and no hangover type feelings yet. I have felt less hungry for dinner too Irene, but also hope it will just take some time to adjust. I am due to go out to a restaurant for dinner on Friday which I am a bit nervous about, checked the menu online and thankfully I can order steak and veggies - just need to check what they are cooked in first. Keep it up everyone :)

Starting day 3.  Apparently I did not plan enough veggies.  Have to hit the store tonight to remedy that.  Though I had it covered.  Seemed like I bought a lot, but used most for making the main meat recipes.  I'm finding some old habits hard.  I usually have a snack of fruit around 10 am and find myself wanting it (although I'm not really hungry).  I'm just toughing it though. 

I so need a reset after years of bad eating. Even though I have eaten better the last two years, I have a mean Sugar Dragon. That has to go! 

Hope everyone it hanging in there.  We can do this and it will be worth it. 

Nikki

I have been enjoying the hot plate meals from "Well Fed."  If you are not familiar with the book, check out her blog for recipes http://theclothesmakethegirl.com. I make up a big batch of one of the hot plate recipe ideas--the family really likes them as well (although, I also make some rice for them).  Then there are enough leftovers for my breakfast and packed lunches for everyone else.  Enjoy the rest of your week!

Hello everyone!!!

How did day 3 go for everyone? I hope all was well. My day started off badly, had a really bad stomach ache (still don't know why) but after a few hours my stomach settled, and thankfully I stuck with the meal plan I just drank lots of water until my stomach settled in. Then I made myself an omelette served with tomato-cucumber salad and 1 chicken sausage and went on from there.

My day 4 today went much better than yesterday (no more stomach aches yaay)! I am now noticing that I am not craving starch, gum (and I was a major gum addict- I always had to have gum on an everyday basis, but now I don't have the cravings as much) or junk food and I am looking forward to my meals now a days because after I eat I feel nice about what i'm eating, and I have more energy.

Vicki- thanks for the blog site, I've checked out some of the recipes and I intend to try some soon!

The chocolate chili also looks good, hopefully I will be able to make some in the near future.

I hope everyone is doing well so far & keep up the good work :)

Irene ! :)

Littlelove- hows the breakfast situation going? What do you normally eat for breakfast? Also thats a great idea that you keep a food journal, I do as well. I also have an instagram account where I am posting pictures of all my meals, and I get a lot of ideas of different meals I could try out. 

Kelthevet- I hope you enjoy going out on Friday. At least you looked over the menu before hand and found something you are able to eat!

Nikki- My mom also had to go get my more veggies for me, especially tomatoes because I tend to eat raw tomatoes with all my meals (I really love tomatoes haha), but I hope you are doing good so far :)

Irene :)

Day 5...thing are going okay. Was kinda "out of it" and a little off yesterday. Things are clearer today. Still fighting the Snackies at times. I just drink water and wait for it to pass. I switched my lunch and breakfast meals around. I am finding I need more food in the morning than I do at lunch. Seems to help.

Hope everyone has a great day today.

Nikki

Hi everyone, how are we all doing?

I'm halfway through day 7, all going well here. I'm so pleased that I managed to eat out on Friday night without any hassle (steak, no sauce, no fries, no bread, steamed veg, lemon juice and 1/2 avocado - not that exciting, but all compliant). Also I went to the movies yesterday and sat between my mother and auntie who both had choctop ice creams… mean! I felt fine about it though. I have more energy already, feeling fantastic actually. I think I'm so used to being tired all the time that I didn't even notice it in the first few days.

Another good recipe that I tried was the no fuss salmon cakes from It Starts With Food - yummo. I'll do double next time, perfect to take to work for lunch. I've got the thyme braised beef short ribs (in Well Fed2) cooking at the moment, smells divine! I'm so glad I invested in a few cookbooks, otherwise I'd be a bit stuck for ideas.

I've been seeing a dietician for about 6 months who is very traditional when it comes to food (whole grains, low fat dairy, artificial sweeteners…). I had steadily lost weight with her but my fatigue remained unchanged (hence my own research and the Whole30). I saw her on day 5 (Fri) for the first time in a few weeks. I was weighed as part of the visit and had lost over 2kg since Day 1! I need to lose about 20 kg so 2kg isn't that much but I was pleasantly shocked! I knew she'd be skeptical about the program, so I just mentioned that I had cut out grains for a week… well she really wasn't impressed, so I didn't push it. I have another appointment in a month - I will be interested in what she has to say when I lose more weight and feel even better! I know its only early days, but providing I am still feeling this great by then, I may not need to keep seeing her!

All the best for week 2 everyone, this time next week we'll almost be halfway through!

Hello everyone!

I hope everyone is surviving the weekend! 

Kelthevet- I'm glad you had a wonderful time when you went out & stuck with the right food choices especially at the movies!  :) And a big congrats on losing over 2kgs since you started, that just shows how changing your eating habits to being more healthy and drinking more water is not only good and healthy for us, but you will see drastic results. And I know if you keep it up, you'll be able to lose those other 20kgs and also feel a change in your body!

So far i'm doing pretty good, I've noticed I feel much lighter and i'm less bloated now that i've started whole 30. A few times i've had headaches but nothing to major/severe, but now they have stopped thankfully. I'm still finding that i'm not so hungry at dinner time so I just eat left overs, or something small to tie me over until breakfast. But I feel much better, more energized than I normally am. And I was diagnosed with diabetes type 1 (thats also another reason why I wanted to try this out) after doctors discovered I had Grave's Disease (hyperthyroidism) so I had surgery to remove my thyroid and I'm doing much better concerning that. But now that I've started this journey i'm seeing a change within my sugar levels which have started to normalize, because before they would fluctuate because I was never really good and strict on my diet the way I should have been; therefor I always felt sluggish, tired, had a lot of muscle cramping/spasms as well.  But so far into day 7 I can say I'm already seeing major changes and progress and I'm glad I'm doing this because my body is more energized, my cravings aren't as bad as they were when we first started and most importantly my sugar levels have started to stabilize! 

I hope everyone is seeing changes happening already, and I hope everyone is doing good so far!!

And a big congratulations to us on making it to day 7!!! :)  Yaay  :)

Irene  :D

This is the first day I felt my energy pick up a bit. I'm hoping I'm on an up swing. Got some cooking done for the week. I'll do a couple on Wednesday night too. But have some back up in the freezer for unplanned events. 7 days done!!! Yay!

Have a great week everyone.

Nikki

Archived