Starting tomorrow October 13 :)

iwennie

Hi Everybody

I'm Hooi See and I started the Whole30 on October 13th too. It has been ok. I have three kids (9,6 and 2) and we love our sweets and breads at home. I have been diligent since day one in not eating anything off the plan. I usually have some egg omelete or hard boiled egg with smoked salmon and avocado in the morning, a salad of some sort in the afternoon and similar in the evenings. It's going well. I'm a little frustrated with people around me losing weight so easily. A friend is doing some crazy chinese medicine diet and lost 10kg in a month (subsisting on 250ml of water a day and limited food). I believe this is a new lifestyle and wouldn't want to go down that route. I just need to be strong and stay motivated. My sister in law, who is breastfeeding her 9 months old, (I'm also breastfeeding my 2 year old but not as frequently as her) loses a kg a day from nursing and cheats by eating half a cupcake a day. I haven't really weighed myself but just feel a little frustrated by people around me just losing weight so easily. I would like to have more energy and lose a few kg but just need to stay motivated and persist on. People offer me cakes and desserts and I have to keep saying no. But it's funny cos' I dont' feel like I have to have those cupcakes anymore. Do anybody feel like their cravings are more curbed now?

Thanks for listening!

Hi everyone, can you believe we are at the end of day 9?! Congrats to us all, this time tomorrow we will officially be one third of the way through!

I'm still on track, this week I'm having braised beef, roast lamb (thanks mum!), salmon cakes, tuna and eggs as my proteins, and have a selection of partially cooked veggies to throw in too, my favourite is the red cabbage with a touch of cloves and apples, yum! I just pick a protein, add a variety of veggies and sauté them all up together, add some seasoning and fat (either avocado or mayo) and bob's your uncle! Its so easy. I'm not sure I could cook or eat this way forever, but so far it is working for me.

Hooi See, yes I also seem to have lost my carb cravings… I watched a baking program on tv tonight with brownies, muffins and cupcakes and while it was entertaining to watch I didn't feel the urge to indulge.

Hello everyone (HAPPY FRIYAY & DAY 12) and welcome Hooi See!

I hope everyone is doing good so far and still going strong! Can't believe its only been 12 days, we are almost at the half way mark :)

I have been making a lot of vegetables like spinach and kale, as well as stir-fry dishes and they have been delicious so far. Today I decided to make cinnamon fried bananas which was really good and had it with an omelette :)

Any good dishes that you've guys come across so far? 

Hooi See- don't worry about others losing weight around you, I know how you feel but in the end everyones body is different so people lose weight differently. And by you doing the whole 30 I know in the end you will feel much better, become more healthy and in the end you will see results so don't be too frustrated just be patient and you will start seeing results :D

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Irene

I think most of my meals are like Kelthevet's, some type of protein stir fried with fat and veggies and spices.  It is simple, delicious and most of all, it works.  Weekends are always the most difficult, but made it through last weekend with no problem. I have found over the past year that exercise and quality and quantity of sleep are important as well on this journey.  Have a great, successful weekend!

Wow!  Intense dreams about cake last night!  I woke up feeling terribly guilty--like I ate cake all night long!  I have not even had cake in over a year, so I was not expecting that at all.  I checked the timeline and this is exactly when they predicted the dreams would hit.  Maybe Tiger blood tomorrow??

Hello everyone!

How is everyone's journey going so far? I can't believe we are already on day 19! But so far for me its going good. Yesterday I had a really bad craving for some candy/gum but thankfully I didn't give in to the cravings. I recently just started working out regularly and I am currently doing the 30 day shred with Jillian Michaels, so I can at least say I am changing my whole lifestyle for the better.

I hope everyone is doing great so far :)

Have a great & successful weekend !

Irene

Hi guys, can you believe we're on day 23?! On the home stretch now. I think I'll extend mine by a couple of weeks as I have a blood test coming up on December 4 and am interested to see the difference (I had my first blogs taken on day 1).

I've started Cross Fit and am loving it. Can't wait to improve my strength/fitness.

Hope you're all doing well and all the best for this last week.  :)

Hello Everyone!!!

Happy day 26, we are almost there :) How is everyones journey going so far? Any changes seen/how do you feel?

For me its going good so far, but a few days ago I had a really bad craving for candy or just something sweet in general but thankfully I did not cave but had a fruit instead. Anyone else having cravings? But for the actual physical/outward changes my belly area seems to be bloated still- is anyone else feeling/experiencing this? But on the plus some of my pants are getting looser (also think me starting to workout has played a role in that) so all in all I can see small changes starting to occur! How is everyone else/feeling/changes?

Vicki- how is the  Jillian Michael's Hard Body workout coming along? And what day on Shreds are you on? But yes I love her videos and workouts!

Kelthevet- Thats good to hear you will extend, I'm sure your blood glucose levels will also be within the normal range hopefully! I'm also thinking of doing another round after this but on Nov 10 is my moms birthday and the 12 is mine so after we celebrate our birthdays I will probably start another round :) I'm loving all the new recipes I have come across and so many others I want to try out! But all the best as you start Cross Fit- how are you liking it ?

Will anyone else be extending whole 30? Any plans on what you'll do after whole 30?

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!!

Irene :D

Hope everyone is doing well! Can't believe we are almost done with the whole30! I'm definitely feeling lighter and my clothes are getting looser. Even my husband is commenting how much bigger my clothes seem to look now :)

As for food, I've taken to eating a two egg scramble with grill veg for breakfast, whatever I can put together for lunch. I had a cucumber, 6 cherry tomatoes, one avocado and 3 slices of grilled chicken. Doesn't sound that great but it was actually quite yummy and appetizing. One recipe that I have been making quite a lot is a sweet potato frittata. Basically I stir fry shredded sweet potato with coconut oil, press it down in a pie tin like you would with graham crackers, and pour a mixture of roasted veg (eggplant, red peppers, mushrooms, carrot, onions) with egg in it and bake it till the egg sets. About 15-20 min in the oven at 350 degrees. I love how the coconut oil makes the sweet potato so creamy and it looks so beautiful and is filling. I usually have that with a side of salad.

I'm not craving cakes and ice creams anymore and definitely don't feel like I'm dieting. It's really not a diet but rather a way to reset the body and frankly speaking, it feels great! I will probably continue with the whole30 for another month or till the Xmas parties begin and then just eat sensibly while allowing myself to have a slice of pie if that's what I crave.

So proud of everybody who have been working hard to stick to the whole30. What an achievement!

HAPPY DAY 30 EVERYONE !!!

I hope everyone is till going strong :) Is anyone planning on extending the whole 30 to more days or another round? Or mix it up with Paleo?

Cambriant- the sweet potato frittata sounds wonderful I will have to try that. I made some veggie hash browns the other day and it was really good! I have not tried cooking with coconut oil yet, i've just been using EVOO but I will go to the store and buy some, I hear it adds a great flavor to good.

My moms birthday was yesterday, I didn't have cake or anything sweet instead I had grapes, papayas, apples and cabbage haha. Tomorrow is my birthday (i'm excited) so me and mom will probably celebrate together on the weekend and celebrate me sticking to whole 30. Although I want to now change my whole lifestyle so that I will be eating more like whole 30 but add the same time incorporate Paleo lifestyle.

But congratulations to everyone for making it this far!!!

HAPPY DAY 30 EVERYONE !!!

I hope everyone is till going strong :) Is anyone planning on extending the whole 30 to more days or another round? Or mix it up with Paleo?

Cambriant- the sweet potato frittata sounds wonderful I will have to try that. I made some veggie hash browns the other day and it was really good! I have not tried cooking with coconut oil yet, i've just been using EVOO but I will go to the store and buy some, I hear it adds a great flavor to good.

My moms birthday was yesterday, I didn't have cake or anything sweet instead I had grapes, papayas, apples and cabbage haha. Tomorrow is my birthday (i'm excited) so me and mom will probably celebrate together on the weekend and celebrate me sticking to whole 30. Although I want to now change my whole lifestyle so that I will be eating more like whole 30 but add the same time incorporate Paleo lifestyle.

But congratulations to everyone for making it this far!!!

Archived