Constant Comment Tea by Bigelows

Tessina

While do a scrub of everything I eat as I work this restart of my cleansing and I have a question about Constant Comment Tea by Bigelows.

The listed ingredients are decaffeinated black tea ( I have both decaf and caffeinated boxes), rind of oranges, sweet spice, natural flavor.

The issue is "sweet spice"  as I cannot find anything on it except for different recipes for blends.. some compliant some not.  

Anyone have a clue what it is and if it is compliant?

Hmmm. Well I went to their website - maybe you did too - and they don't divulge what they mean by sweet spice, or natural flavor. 

https://www.bigelowtea.com/Shop-Teas/By-Type/Black/Constant-Comment#.VDrATy5dWek

If I were you, if you really like this tea, I would write to them via e mail on their contact form and ask them the specifics on both of these items. 

What does the natural flavor consist of and what are sweet spices? 

I do this a lot. 

In the meantime I would put this tea aside and get one of the great organic ones out there that reveal all of their ingredients. 

Many non organic teas are made from leaves that come from a heavily chemical fertilized/GMO crop. Much has been written about this.

Just something to think about. 

http://naturalsociety.com/pesticides-lurking-favorite-cup-tea/

I Searched all over their site with no luck :(

I see claims against Bigelows but not much as in factual evidence.. still it is mass produced so I can see bad things being in it.  

The two teas that have been my constant companion are Constant Comment and Earl Grey (If your looking for a after Whole 30 "sweet tea"  half a cup honey in a gallon of earl grey brewed tea is surprisingly good, but I need to find a better Earl Grey now and try it again.. after cleansing)

I did find this http://www.food.com/recipe/copycat-constant-comment-tea-181941

• tablespoons black tea
  • 12 whole cloves, crushed
  • inch cinnamon stick, broken and crushed
  • teaspoons dried orange peel, broken into small pieces

and jsut need to find the right black tea as I didn't realize there were so many.

Thank you for asking about the "sweet spice" in the Constant Comment Tea.

The "sweet spice" is "clove"

I hope this information is helpful to you.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to call us at 888-244-3569, between 9:00 and 5:00 Eastern Time.

The Bigelow Family thanks you for choosing Bigelow Teas.

Cordially,
Kathy Perrin
Consumer Service Representative

I have to wonder why they don't just say cloves then. 

I am guessing as a way to keep the recipe "secret" like KFC's original or Coke's  give enough info required by law but not enough to copy.. but this is all supposition on my part.   Or they are misdirecting?

Archived