Gluten-containing grains as first reintroduction?

jessica301

Hi,

Today is the end of my Whole30.  On Wednesday my office is going to be having treats from a couple of my favorite bakeries in NYC (places you don't find anywhere else) and I am going to want to partake.  I'm slightly afraid that my body is going to be shocked and I'll be sick for days.

Has anyone had experience with gluten-containing grains as their first reintroduction?  I'm wondering if it's too soon and I should refrain from the treats altogether.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Honestly, that's not a great way to do a reintro. You're looking at gluten, sugar, and dairy all at once. There's no reason not to do gluten as your first reintro, but if you do have a reaction you're not going to know for sure what caused it. Officially sugar doesn't need it's own reintro, but I learned a lot by doing that separately (it has more emotional effects than physical, for me). You may not get as sick as you think though; it probably depends on the amount you eat. If I were you, I'd skip the treats until a more methodical reintro is complete, and then maybe after that you could treat yourself by going to one of the bakeries?

Archived