Reintro Question

cheer4mia

Hi everyone I have a question about the official reintroduction. I'm on day 15 so not making any life after whole30 plans yet but I was wondering if the reintroduction is basically required for everyone to do? Or just recommended? First reading what the sample reintroduction was, I thought it seemed like a little much (3 days+ in between). But, this is my first whole30 so I wouldn't know how vital it is or isn't. 

• Moderators

Lots of people skip reintroductions after their first Whole30. The information you can gain through following the reintroduction process carefully is invaluable, so many come back later, do another Whole30, and finally follow the after-program recommendations. 

If there are foods you will never eat again (for me this is legumes), then reintro ing them has no point. But you might be surprised by the results. For example I was surprised how I reacted to corn. I now no longer eat it as a vegetable and only occasionally as corn flour or chips and I haven't missed it. I reintro'd rice and it was okay but in 2 years it still hasn't come back into my diet so perhaps that was a waste but I didn't know it at the time. I learnt I react to all dairy but traces are okay but icecream is not :( and cheese and yoghurt aren't worth it... I guess that just leaves butter LOL

For me, the reintroduction phase was really like a scientific experiment with myself as the subject. I am not structured enough to do the 10 day testing nor did I feel the need to try out heaps of things because I was doing fine as it was... so I reintroduced if a opportunity presented itself. Always following that food try out with a Whole 2 and made sure I tried 1 thing at a time. I liked those 2 days back on the program because it gave me space to evaluate and learn (and sometimes: recover).
Now, 100+ days after my Whole 30, I know I can have goats cheese occasionally (when the restaurant has nothing else I like on the menu), but mozzarella turns my stomach into concrete... and milk makes me feel like I have a 2 day flu. So I guess I missed dairy the most... but I also know that cows dairy isn't my friend. And that for me it's best to see a date as an ingredient and not a fruit... it wakes my sugar dragon out of it's hibernation.
At the moment I am making plans to give non gluten grains a go. And I did give myself some space to use my favorite tabasco sauce (chipotle) every once in a while... because I just love the taste of that. But I noticed I don't need as much of it as I used to use...
Have fun on your second half of your Whole 30 and enjoy the reintro!

Archived