Day 3 - Pants are tight already?

I started on Sunday, so today is Day 3. I am feeling bloated already and my pants are tights. Prior to this I would say I ate a lot of carbs and sugar (I didn't even realize how much until starting this). Here is what I have been eating:

Day1:

Meal 1 - 2 eggs fried in olive oil, half an avocado, half a tomato

Meal 2 - 1 hard boiled egg, half an avocado, half a bell pepper

Meal 3 - 1 chicken breast with balsamic/tomato sauce with onions (no sugar in the crushed tomatoes), zucchini and onions roasted in olive oil (I ate maybe 1-2 cups?)

Day 2:

Meal 1 - 2 eggs fried in olive oil, half an avocado, half a tomato

Meal 2 - Leftovers from Meal 3 the night before, half an avocado, half a bell pepper

Snack - 1 small green apple

Meal 3 - Bowl of beef stew meat cooked in crockpot with coconut milk, 1 small red potato, zucchini and onions roasted in olive oil (again maybe 1-2 cups)

Day 3:

Meal 1 - 2 eggs baked with bell pepper and Aidell's chicken apple sausage (ramekin greased in coconut oil), half an avocado, half a tomato, handful of raspberries

That's where I'm at now. Breaksfast today was EXTREMELY filling. So yes, I still feel full from breakfast. But also a little nauseous. And pants extremely tight already. I wasn't expecting tight pants until next week, lol, according to the timeline. I'm trying to remain calm - this is a lot more protein and fat than I usually eat. And I believe all the research you guys have done. I just have this fear in the back of my mind that I will be one of the rare people who has gained 10 lbs at the end of this. Are my meals making sense? I have a feeling I need to eat even more vegetables. It's just hard when I'm so full from all the protein and fat! Lol. Let me know any tips on getting in more veggies if I am feeling full. If I need to cut back or adjust anything.

Appreciate any advice! Thank you!

I could provide links to all of the written manifestos about the Whole 30....but I've found that seeking them out for yourself will help you understand the science and logic of what a Whole 30 is really all about.

My suggestion is to start with the toolbar up above.  Read the Whole 30 Program Rules, seek out the testimonies.  Read everything, especially why the Whole 30 is not another diet.  

The Whole 30 is a food reset.   It's about going back to our original factory settings.

What happens in the waistband of the pants has little to do with what you'll truly gain from a food reset.   A Whole 30 days.

There are a few things that might be bothering you here.

1) Technically your meals look fine but you are not eating enough - 1 boiled egg is not enough.  2 eggs is not enough.  When using eggs as your protein source, make sure that it is the number of eggs that you can hold in one hand.  For most people that is 3 - 4.

2) Are you drinking enough water?  You should aim for 1/2 and ounce for every pound you weigh.  So a 150lb person would drink a minimum of 75 ounces of water. 

3) Try to switch up your fats.  Avocadoes can cause some problems for some.  For me they give me pregnant food belly.  So I stay away from them.  Nuts are more common to cause this problem, but sometimes Avocadoes can cause problems too.

And please do remember there are reasons this is a 30 day program.  Your body is going to go through many changes.  And everyone is different.  So please be patient with it as it goes through the process.

I will find it a struggle to eat 3 eggs, but I will try. I have been absolutely stuffed after my breakfasts so far. As for the fats, I will try to switch them up also. However, I have a question about the fat quantities on the Meal Planning Template. It says to add fat in the recommended amounts per meal, and then lists the recommended amounts for cooking fats, butters, coconut, olives, nuts, avocado, coconut milk. How many of these am I supposed to incorporate into a meal? This can't possibly mean all of them. Just one? Two? How many of these fats should I have with each meal?

I could probably be drinking more water, though it feels like I had a ton yesterday. I will increase my trips to the water cooler at work.

Thanks so much!

- this is a lot more protein and fat than I usually eat. 

You might need digestive enzymes for awhile to help you adjust to this diet.

Also, you did not list any starches except for 1 small red potato? This does not have to be a low-carb diet, and since you said you used to eat a ton of carbs and sugar, maybe your transition will be a little easier if you continue to eat at least some. Also you can suffer from low energy/moods if you eat super low-carb.

For fats, the minimum recommended amount per meal is 1 thumb, or 1 item from the list. You can always add more. Cooking fats generally don't count. 

Your stomach is just getting used to digesting all the new amounts of different foods. I can tell that I've lost a tad of fat from my belly, but I'm still sort of bloated looking even on Day 10. I'm assuming my digestive system is still getting used to it all. Drink plenty of water, keep eating lots of veggies (and fruit if you are feeling constipated--that always helps!). Give it a week and I'm sure you'll be slimming up.

Thanks, I will try to work in more starches. And does anyone recommend a compliant digestive enzyme? Are they all compliant? I was looking at NOW Foods Super Enzymes on Amazon. Great reviews.

Thanks!

Make sure you read the ingredients on enzymes. That particular brand used to be Whole30 compliant but recently they changed the formula in such a way that it is not unless they changed it back.

Archived