Claus' German Sausage & Meats

Suzy

If you're in the Indianapolis area, you need to check out Claus' German Sausage & Meats on 1845 South Shelby St. I'd been in before, but I've been reticent to try again because I assumed they must add sugar and fillers to since it's sausage. Boy was I wrong! I just talked to Claus himself today while purchasing my first W30 meat from him. We had a very pleasant conversation about how he does not use any fillers, let alone wheat-based ones, and almost all of his on-site products have no sugar added. He uses locally sourced meat that looks divine in the old fashioned case. I don't think most of it is grass fed or organic, but otherwise it works for me. And it's right down the street! I hit the paleo jack pot!!! :D

http://www.clausgermansausageandmeats.com/index.html

Even if you're not from here, check it out! There's a lot of history in this place.

Claus' place sounds like a wonderful resource for you. I'm lucky enough to have not one but two fantastic Czech meat markets within about 10-15 miles of where I live who also make most of their sausages without filler and sugar. Those places are a true gem when you can find 'em. :)

Archived