Bulletproof brand products: worth it?

I thought the point of the Bulletproof coffee was to serve as a meal-replacement.  It's a big ol' fat bomb that you would drink when you don't have time to or don't want to eat.

This is the opposite of what the Whole30 is about.  If you eat good food and follow the W30 meal-planning template, you should be satisfied and have energy without supplemental fat that you're just drinking - butter/MCT/CO in your coffee.  My advice is to skip the bulletproof coffee.  Fry up some eggs and veggies in coconut oil and have some black coffee on the side.

I feel better without all coffee products and variations.  My cup used to be a pot.  It wrecked serious havoc with my health.  My health returned when I quit drinking coffee.   My adrenal glands could finally rest.   I started to sleep like I was knocked out for a surgery.  My body began to heal.   Bulletproof coffee may give you a rocket boost temporarily....but the long term effects are not worth it.

Everyone responding, Bulletproof is a brand, not just a coffee and that is what littlemighty is referring to, the brand and things sold by the brand. 

They sell MCT oil which is said to be better/more effective than coconut oil. 

Little Mighty I have tried their MCT oil and not noticed any giant changes, but maybe haven't used enough to potentially see a difference. 

Please note: I do not, and have never drunk coffee. I bought the oil to see if it was better than coconut oil, in all the things I use coconut oil in. And it IS expensive. 

Here is the website :

https://www.upgradedself.com/products/bulletproof-upgraded-brain-octane-oil

I thought the point of the Bulletproof coffee was to serve as a meal-replacement.  It's a big ol' fat bomb that you would drink when you don't have time to or don't want to eat.

This is the opposite of what the Whole30 is about.  If you eat good food and follow the W30 meal-planning template, you should be satisfied and have energy without supplemental fat that you're just drinking - butter/MCT/CO in your coffee.  My advice is to skip the bulletproof coffee.  Fry up some eggs and veggies in coconut oil and have some black coffee on the side.

Derek she's asking about MCT oil, and other products sold by the brand "Bulletproof", not about Bulletproof coffee.  :)

My default response to products marketed in such a way is to be quite skeptical of their claims of superiority.

Kirkor I agree and the price point is very high. 

I will let you know if I turn into Superwoman. 

From my understanding, MCT oil removes a lot of the nutritional benefits from coconut oil. And you can actually buy MCT reasonably cheaply - I'm not sure what he could have added to make it a superfood. The coffee (again from memory of when I looked at it a while ago) seems to be just organic coffee processed without chemicals - again fairly easy to find without funding his retirement.

In my opinion he's taken pretty basic ingredients and slapped his branding on them so he can charge more - which is very clever, but unnecessary outlay for anyone who cares to put in a bit of effort to source things themselves.

Derek she's asking about MCT oil, and other products sold by the brand "Bulletproof", not about Bulletproof coffee.  :)

I'm well aware that it is a brand of products, but the OP did mention coffee and MCT oil.  I guess we will have to wait until the OP speaks for herself to truly know what she was asking.

Thanks for the responses. I am indeed inquiring about the Bulletproof brand of products, not the fatty coffee phenomenon. I already know the Whole30 perspective on the latter! Just curious to know if anyone's tried them and noticed a difference compared to other brands.

I buy the  Collagen Protein Powder , Cacao Tea  and the coffee.  I like the Protein better than the GreatLakes brand. I feel it mixes better and has less of a taste and looks to be more fresh.  The tea is just roasted cacao beans and the coffee is suppose to be less acidic and has a great taste.  I have the coffee only in the morning on the weekends (and sometimes I put some cacao tea in my coffee just to change it up).  

• 8 months later...

Is it okay to have Bulletproof Collagen Protein with the Whole30 diet?

I have been using some Bulletproof products like coffee (especially because it doesn't have MOLD), Brain Octane Oil (more powerful than Coconut oil and MCT oil) and Collagen Protein which I add to the cup of coffee.

I will start my diet day after tomorrow and would like to know if I can keep these.

Note: I will NOT have bulletproof coffee as my breakfast substitution.

Thank you!

Guest Andria

As long as there are not any non-compliant ingredients in the collagen protein you can have it..  However, the Whole30 prefers you get your nutrition from real food rather than processed supplements.  You can get plenty of collagen from homemade bone broth :)

Archived