JocI

At my 2 week mark I will be traveling to take care of 3 teenagers. So worried there will be temptations. Besides being out of my comfort zone I will be chaparoneing a Halloween party. I will be traveling by plane to another state. Need words of encouragement. Wish me luck!

You can do it, be strong. My advice is to get yourself to a good grocery store ASAP. Stock up on your food and practice saying "no thank you I'm choosing not to eat that right now" both to others and yourself. Never say "I can't eat that" because it just stirs up the inner rebel and really it isn't true, you can eat anything you want to but when you are doing Whole30 you are making the choice to abstain.

Thanks. I do plan on getting to a store ASAP but it might be hard the first day when I arrive. Hoping to send a small list to someone at my destination to pick up but still thinking of taking some food with me. I have never traveled on a plane with my own food except for dry snacks, none of which I can eat on TW30. Suggestions on what and how to pack for say 2 meals would be appreciated!

Thanks once again Chris.  I have been thinking about the things I will take.  I will have access to a full kitchen but I know for at least the first day I will want food for Lunch and Dinner.  I am making my chicken and will freeze it.  It should be thawed by the time I need it which will be right before I will land at my destination.  I will take some veggies, nuts, and fruit as well to hold me over till I can get to the store the following day.  I will not be checking any bags so I cannot take any liquids but am hoping that none of what I take will be confiscated.  My biggest challenge on the plane will be not having a drink.  I am a nervous flyer and have at least one when I travel.  I have a layover and then my second flight is 3 hours long.  That will be a tough one.  Hopefully I will just fall asleep.

I will 'finish' my whole30 on Saturday, November 1.  We leave on the 4th for a week in Florida, and you can bet that I've given much thought to how this week will be.  Since our hotel will have a kitchen, I've been putting aside items to take along (ghee, coconut milk, etc). Then I had a brilliant idea.  Out hotel is walking distance from a Trader Joe's, so the first thing I will do is pick up a few things there before buying fresh compliant foods to have in our room.  While I expect that I will have a cocktail or two, I plan on remaining as compliant as I can be. 

These past several weeks have almost flown by.  I feel terrific and can't imagine returning to the habits that got me here in the first place.  If I have learned just ONE thing from whole30, it's that planning is not optional.  No more grazing with no meal plan in mind.  No more feeling like I can't ask for what I want in a restaurant.  And no more excuses.  We can all do this.

Best wishes and better health to all of us!

Archived