Whole 30 starting October 20th (my birthday!)

jennyw

Hi! My name is Jenny, & I am starting my first Whole 30 tomorrow (October 20th).  That is my 43rd birthday, & I am looking at it as a gift to myself.  I have been less than kind to myself, my body, my health since my 1st born left for college in August.  To be honest though, I started to backslide her senior year, from stress, anticipation of her leaving, etc. I read "It Starts with Food" probably a year ago, & was very intrigued, inspired! I started eating paleo, but never really committed to doing a Whole 30, so fell away easily over time. My husband said he would do the Whole 30 with me!  I will need the support, but am really hoping he commits for his health, as well! :)  Anyway, I signed up for the daily emails for extra support, & will be checking in on the forum.  I am really scared of these next 30 days, but ready to learn about myself along the way & have my best life!  Thankful I found this place!

I am starting my 2nd Whole30 today.  My first was in August and I loved it.  I felt great, lost 22 lbs and had the greatest change in attitude.  I successfully did the reintroduction period finding zero sensitivities.  Then I fell off the healthy wagon completely last week after a 3 day vacation in Vegas.  I noticed several different days last week were I felt like crap and was very anxious.  I also noted that I had eaten a lot of grains one particular day and a lot of fried foods another day.  I was trying to eat good most of the time, but the times I did allow myself to eat poorly I paid for it.  I decided I wanted/needed to do another Whole30 before the holidays.  I have to start today if I want to be done by Thanksgiving.  I also hope to lost 10 more lbs by then but really what I want is to feel "awesome" again.  I did the daily e-mails last time and saved each of them so that will hopefully be a good tool for me also.

Good luck Jennyw and Andie.  I found the support from these message boards incredibly helpful and inspiriing during my first Whole30.  At times it won't be easy but it will always definitely be worth it.

Happy Birthday Jenny!! Here's to better health for your 44th. I also started today with my best friend and we've kept in touch throughout the day to keep each other motivated. I don't expect that this will be an easy journey but I do know that at this point in my life it feels very necessary.

Hi Jenny (and Andie, and Eleanor, et al)!  I am also Jenny, also 43, and also starting today!  My whole family is doing this together. I was looking into it for myself just to detox and get healthier, and then my 11YO DS contracted Lyme's disease.  We already think we caught it early enough and are beating it, but for his sake, we are all doing a true Whole30 to give his body the best chance of having a powerful immune system to fight this infection.  So, if you've read the timeline, we are definitely feeling like "why would anyone think this is hard?" thanks to a lot of good planning.   ;)   But I know what's probably coming!  Ready for it!  So anyway, whoever started today, hooray for making it through Day 1!!

Thank you for all my birthday wishes, and Happy Birthday to all the other Libras, too! How did everyone's day go yesterday (for those who started on the 20th)?  Mine went pretty good, my husband struggled a lot though!  He is a Coke Zero addict, so he was definitely missing that.  He took all his packed food to the fire station today, they usually cook together (but not really Whole 30!), so he went prepared.  I feel pretty good today, I really want to succeed! Hope everyone else is doing well! :)

Archived