Mike's 2nd Whole30 Log

ar1zona1

Day 8 already.  Last week was such a busy week i hardly had time to even look at the forum let along start the log. Better late then never.

I probably won't be logging daily meals as I have a pretty good idea of what i'm supposed to eat and what to avoid.  I thought this time around I would log comments, new discoveries and generally how i'm feeling.

I occasionally post some pics on instagram under @ar1zona1 if you want to take a look.

KISS - Keep It Simple Silly, or which ever last S word you would like to use.  

I think this is one of the key factors for me in not only getting thru my first Whole30 but the last almost 2 years eating this way.  I had to make a fundamental change in thinking about meals to go from someone who copies or scanned about ever good recipe I can find to just thinking about meals as fuel and fuel is made up of the fundamental components.

What's for dinner tonight?  I dunno.  I just pull a piece of protein from the fridge, 2 or 3 vegetables, a healthy fat, throw in some spices and cook it all up.  Does it look like a mish-mash of food?  Yes, but it keeps meals from getting too complicated.  I can get boring sometimes but after the Whole30 we do throw in the occasional recipe meal.

Drive's my wife nuts sometimes.

Also, we always cook enough at dinner to have for lunch the next day.  This cuts by 5 or 6 the number of meals we have to figure out each week.

Funny taste in my mouth.  I experienced this during my first Whole30.  During this first week I get this strange 'dry mouth' type of taste in my mouth.  Mostly after eating meals, particularly lunch and dinner.  It's seems to be subsiding but I never did figure out a good explanation for it.

Archived