Mutiple Sclerosis and Whole30...

KBear

I've been living with MS for 9 years. No attacks in almost 8 years. I made several lifestyle changes after my diagnosis, including getting on one of the MS drugs, getting allergy tested and starting allergy shots, learning I was gluten-sensitive and stopped eating gluten. Started supplements in areas in which I tested deficient. I also workout at the gym and actively manage my stress.

I did my Whole30 last summer, primarily because I wanted to increase my vegetable intake and decrease mindless snacking. Because my MS was in good shape before then, I didn't notice any MS impacts.

Many folks with MS also have issues with gluten, so if eliminating gluten is new for you, hopefully you will experience some benefits.

Hope your attack abates soon.

I've been living with MS for 7 years, only been relapse free for the last 2. I tried to do a Whole 30 back in July but only lasted 15 days before I fell off the wagon.  But the one thing that happened from it was that it showed me I am gluten intolerant.  That bagel tasted SO good, but the numbness in my face and legs took all the good away.  I had tried going gluten free years ago, but it really didn't have the same affect as now.  So I have been 90% gluten free since July and have decided to re-try another Whole 30.  I am now on Day 3 and not feeling great.  Just hoping to see if eliminating dairy, sugar and soy make a greater difference in my daily symptoms. 

Thank you so much for the feedback.  I am so excited to see how this program effects my MS.  I haven't read the Wahl's Protocol but I will be doing that soon.  It is interesting to me how many people with MS I have heard are gluten intolerant.  I haven't heard anything about that until I started researching Whole30. 

I haven't read The Wahl's Protocol, but I have watched her presentation (on You Tube) and it's quite inspiring.  I follow a page in regards to the OMS Diet, which is similar to Whole30, but very low fats.  So I really believe that we are on the right track.

Archived