Headache and indigestion

lisamurrah

Today is day one for me. I love veggies but rarely eat them except at night. I love cottage cheese, 1/2 and 1/2 in coffee and sugar!

I have had 4 or 5 cups of veggies so far today, 2 eggs, 1 apple, chicken thigh and a handful of cashews. I have terrible heart burn and keep burping and tasting vegetables and a headache. I also feel weak. I am on diet because I just learned that I am extremely estrogen dominant in menopause and I have gained 17 pounds in 12 weeks. Please anyone encourage me!

• Moderators

You need more protein, more fat, and it is important to drink 1/2 ounce of water per pound of body weight per day. Make sure your veggies are cooked. Raw veggies are much harder to digest and can cause problems.

See our meal planning template for guidance regarding how much to eat: http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf

Keep going! Cashews give me heartburn, maybe go easy on those, or stop. 

Eat more protein and roast up some sweet potatoes to get you over this first week. 

They are compliant but eating a ton of them doesn't help with weight loss. 

Agree with Tom, cook the veggies. 

What veggies did you eat? 

Drink plenty of water and herbal tea to avoid the dehydration/sugar/gluten/dairy detox headaches. 

In 30 days you will be so glad you stuck with it.

Archived