Day 12 - things only worse, want to quit

arw89

Hi MeadowLily,

I am living in Holland and do not know the translations for these, and to be compleeetely honest I don't have a freezer in my student accommodation either so can't buy large quantities of meat. Also, I don't have a family to serve as I am single and childless haha ;)

http://www.allergyuk.org/allergy-to-fruit-and-vegetables/allergy-to-fruit-and-vegetables

The most common groups of fruits or vegetables causing reactions are:

• Members of the rosaceae family: apple, pear, cherry, peach, and plum
  • Members of the cucurbitaceae family: cucumber, melon, watermelon, zucchini, pumpkin
  • Kiwi fruit is also a common cause of allergic reactions, and may result in more severe reactions than other fruits. Some people with allergy to kiwi fruit also react to banana, avocado and latex, due to cross-reactivity in the protein which causes the allergy.

Arw89  

What are you using as a cleanser, toner, moisturizer? I'm and Aesthetician and have seen similar skin conditions. I think you made a wise choice in trying the whole 30. Whatever you are using to clean your skin please!!!!!! make sure it is safe for sensitive skin. Make sure it doesn't have any saliylic acid, benzoyl peroxide  or any other harsh exfoliants. An olive oil based system would be great. I use a brand called Bioelements and it is a great system. Believe it or not the rash on your face looks almost like a Candida type infection. I am not a doctor and would never diagnose a skin condition. If you follow through with the whole 30 i think you will see results. Unfortunately it is going to take time.  

Yes MeadowLily I have the cardboard box fridge ;) I get along with it OK though. Wow, the story about the campers is amazing - I really admire their perseverance. Actually since avoiding fruits for 3 days, my digestion is already better (less cramps, bloating, gas etc). I will be allowing myself fruits that are ok'ed on the autoimmune paleo diet although that list is very short. Thanks for all your insights and support!!

sarawh, thanks for your message, I have tried using many skin products in the past but none have worked. The last one was for sensitive skin and cost a lot. I used it for over a month (every day) but nothing changed. I may begin to use the Oil Cleansing Method mentioned by some other members here, have you heard of that? I was thinking of Candida too but this condition normally spreads to several parts of the body doesn't it? I only have issues on my face. Also, the bumps on my face are more numerous, smaller and look slightly different from Candida infections. However, when I manage to find a dermatologist (my insurance doesn't normally cover non-emergency things), I will mention Candida to them, as well as rosacea, keratosis pilaris, and my diet. Maybe one day I will beat this nasty skin condition. 

• Administrators

I really like this last post of yours, it sounds optimistic and determined and that is wonderful....especially given the title of the original thread "Day 12 - things only worse, want to quit".

I hope you keep us posted, I am very interested in hearing how your skin responds to OCM and the tweaking that you do in your diet.  Of note, as I understand it, if you did have Candida, the Whole30 minus fruit is a very HUGE step to clearing that up as it would deprive the yeast of the sugars that they need to survive.  So regardless of diagnosis, you are on the right track!  Stay strong and persevere!  And keep us updated!!

Thanks ladyshanny - I am definitely going to keep you all posted!! For now here's a (horrible) pic I took 2 days ago (1 day after I stopped eating huge amounts of fruit every day). I'll take another one in the coming weeks to see if there's an improvement.

6jdo46.jpg

Yes MeadowLily I have the cardboard box fridge ;) I get along with it OK though. Wow, the story about the campers is amazing - I really admire their perseverance. Actually since avoiding fruits for 3 days, my digestion is already better (less cramps, bloating, gas etc). I will be allowing myself fruits that are ok'ed on the autoimmune paleo diet although that list is very short. Thanks for all your insights and support!!

sarawh, thanks for your message, I have tried using many skin products in the past but none have worked. The last one was for sensitive skin and cost a lot. I used it for over a month (every day) but nothing changed. I may begin to use the Oil Cleansing Method mentioned by some other members here, have you heard of that? I was thinking of Candida too but this condition normally spreads to several parts of the body doesn't it? I only have issues on my face. Also, the bumps on my face are more numerous, smaller and look slightly different from Candida infections. However, when I manage to find a dermatologist (my insurance doesn't normally cover non-emergency things), I will mention Candida to them, as well as rosacea, keratosis pilaris, and my diet. Maybe one day I will beat this nasty skin condition. 

It will happen for you. Anything Olive oil based is going to help Its an old method tried and true. Candida doesn't always spread all over it can but each person is different. If you stick to the Whole30 by the end of it you will see improvement. I'm glad to here you are seeing changes and I will hope for the best for you.

Thanks fourfooteleven - it is still incredibly bumpy though  :(

Thanks for your support sarawh... gonna keep you updated :)

MeadowLily I have already given away all of my apples and pears I had stocked up haha. I may still eat the occasional banana as they are so easy, tasty and filling.

• Administrators

Yep, bananas are awesome....but are they possibly worth an uncomfortable skin condition? I'm with MeadowLily, I think there is a reasonable chance you have some candida overgrowth and giving them a banana will just keep them alive.

It's only 30 days........I would try it if I were you.  You never know, something you've struggled with for a long time could be made better....but you won't know until you try.

:)

Include me with everyone recommending the oil cleansing method. Find a good quality oil (I use grape seed oil because it's supposed to be good for sensitive skin) and cold-pressed castor oil. If your skin is greasy, mix 3/4 castor to 1/4 grape seed. I also add a couple drops of tea tree oil and a drop or two of lavender oil (both of which will help kill candida if that's the problem!). Put it on your face and put a hot washcloth over it for at least one minute to steam it in. Then use the washcloth to gently wipe the oil off. I have also stopped washing my face in the morning to reduce my skin's over-production of oil. If anything, I use witch hazel as a gentle astringent.

I also make my own face powder with corn starch, baby powder, and spices for coloring. My skin always breaks out when I use commercial make-up. 

I also agree with giving up all fruit. It's really weird what triggers reactions in some of us. I had horrible breakouts in Scotland and thought it was the water. Come to find out, it was form drinking too much black currant tea and the occasional black current fizzy drink. I cut out all black currents and things improved. 

Archived