Finishing Day 2 of first Whole30

CaitlinI

It's going pretty well. I don't really crave anything, a big surprise. And I'm not hungry. My biggest problem is preparation. I'm no good at planning meals ahead, so I've found the past few days very busy with shopping AND cooking. I really have to focus on exactly what I want to prepare ahead of time, I'm afraid I'm going to burn out to quickly otherwise. I'm trying really hard to eat enough so that I don't want to snack. It's worked well breakfast to lunch. I've found that I need something small to get me to dinner, just a few macadamia nuts has been great. And then I'm always hungry (genuinely hungry, not dessert-wanting or snack hungry) a few hours after dinner. Tonight I had some cashews, coconut flakes, and an apple. Last night I had a spoonful of almond butter. I think I have to eat more for dinner. 

Kind of stream of consciousness, I'm ready to call day 2 over and crawl into bed. 

Thanks for listening!

Tonight I had some cashews, coconut flakes, and an apple. Last night I had a spoonful of almond butter. I think I have to eat more for dinner. 

You are on the right track here for sure: eat more for dinner and avoid snacking in the evening. If you MUST have something to eat, try to have more dinner or another protein/fat/vegetable mini-meal, not nuts and fruit. The more you practice this, the easier it will be. Hang in there.

Archived