Day 22 - Looking for Encouragement

AbiGoLucky

Ughhh, I'm over it. Don't get me wrong, I feel GREAT! When I talk about what I'm doing with friends, coworkers, and random strangers in the checkout line at the grocery store who eye my meat-and-veggie-laden basket, I still get really excited about it. I am LOVING the food I'm making, and I'm SO enjoying the creative energy I'm spending in the kitchen. I'm easily able to see this, my first Whole30, as an amazing way that I'm investing in myself, rather than looking at it as all the things I'm depriving myself of.

BUT...

I am over it! I recognize that I feel and am being whiny and ridiculous, and I'm honestly a little cranky over that fact. Truth time, though--I'm frustrated at having to plan ahead so much and prepare food for myself after a long day, when all I really want to do is stop by my old standby burrito joint for some chips, queso, and a margarita. I am very comfortable in the kitchen, and I'm pretty good about finding ways to save time. I also dearly love cooking; it's a very zen thing for me. I'm Italian, and the kitchen is one of my happy places. So what's my deal???

I am also completely flabbergasted at the fact that I really, really want to have a drink...or two....or three....and I'm not even much of a drinker! It's NEVER been my drug of choice, and here I am salivating over beer I've formerly, happily, and easily refused.

One moment, I'm all psyched at how great I feel, thinking that I could keep eating like this even after my 30 days are up and seriously contemplating continuing through the end of November (no, I don't care about Thanksgiving at all). The next, I'm questioning my resolve, thinking that 8 days is an eternity.

Is this normal? Any advice from veterans/mods? Please help! :wacko:

What prompted you to embark on a Whole30? What was your diet/lifestyle prior to this point?

The whole30 timeline has day 21 as "I am so over this" so it looks like you're right on schedule :-D

Yep! http://whole30.com/2013/08/revised-timeline/

You’re loving the way your body is responding to the program, but you’re just not sure if you can make it through 9 more days.

I am right there with you. I'm on day 23 and I woke up crabby and out of sorts. I didn't want to make breakfast, I didn't want to pack a lunch. I have no idea what I'll make for dinner. I'm just feeling done with it. Like you, I've been feeling great and loving this program. What you wrote really resonated with my own experience. I just re-read the interlude section of the timeline and it was helpful. I made a decent template breakfast this morning and I did pack a lunch. You've got this. I've got this. We can do it!

I am certianly a newbie so feel free to throw an avocado at me!! (haha) BUT - you're so close. Just so close! A week left - you can plan this out. You got this! You can say that you stuck to something you set out to do. Find that inner willpower!!

I am only on day 4 so I am sure at some point soon I am going to be needing this encouragement!

@Kirkor: You can read about what prompted me to embark upon my Whole30 here: http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/21342-new-here/#entry224180

Thank you all for stopping by and lifting me back up again!

I remember reading that about Day 21(ish), but I recall it focusing on food boredom rather than complete-pissed-off-dom that I have to exert effort to fuel my body (ADMITTEDLY RIDICULOUS AND IRRATIONAL--UGH!  :blink: ). Haha I LOVE the food I'm making, I just kinda wish I was a wizard (or I that I had a trusty house-elf) to get me through these last days, because I'm SO DONE with putting all the planning/preparation/conscious thought and effort toward everything I'm putting in my body.

YET, even as I type this, I'm encouraging myself; and I feel compelled to share that here. I have taken great pains to surround myself with positivity (http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/22476-surrounding-myself-with-positivity/#entry237442) and have also done a lot of internal reflection and meditation on all the reasons why  I am so worth this personal investment (http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/22358-thoughts-on-day-3/#entry236114). Of COURSE I should be expending effort on the things I'm putting in my body--it's my frickin body, and it's the only one I've got!! I do so many things to treat it in so many, many other ways; why shouldn't I show the same sense of dedication and self-love when it comes to the food I'm enjoying?  I deserve my own positive energy. I am worth it.

Reminding myself of that now, paired with a swift self-kick in the pants and a call to my support networks (including you wonderful folks!), has helped me move through this temporary anger and frustration. These last couple days have seriously rivaled my brief experience with the "Kill All the Things" stage, and it really took me by surprise!

Thank you again for your support and encouragement! I can do this! We can do this! WOOOOOOO

All the love,

Abi  :wub:

I feel the some way some times !   I have decided for myself that I need to freeze some meals so I have them handy for the days when "I want to just throw a pizza in"  

Yes preparing is the key to this and it can be overwhelming, and I find myself also saying that I don't want to make anything - augh. So for me I really need to keep up my cooking during the weekends, stocking up so that I have food for the days I don't want to cook.  

Well Fed has some very good meals for your go to meals.  Great cook book - you may want to invest in it.

Good luck !

2 things from me...

1: BRAVO for making day 22... You should feel AMAZING about yourself! So many dont get as far as well as you have  (not that i would know PERSONALLY) LOL. :rolleyes:

2: Remember WHY you started.... Remember where you're going. Youre doing this for YOU so that you'll FEEL great!  Trust me... years of bad food and no exercise can have FAR worse effects. Stay the course... even BEYOND the 30... Treating your body well is a LIFE affirming choice ! Choose YOU!!!

*putting the soapbox away*

:D

Archived