pancakes?

Cindi

Here is my recipe. I think it is just fine but tell me what you think. Obviously this isn't everyday fare, it takes too long anyway so definitely a weekend special.

6 eggs

1/2 banana

a peach or half a peach

1/4 cup coconut flour

dash of sea salt

1/2 stick of kerry gold butter

Whirl it in the blender and fry them up in coconut oil.

Well pooh. I thought I was doing a whole30 and not so much. I guess I'll have a go at it again later in Sept. I'll keep doing what I'm doing and maybe switch it up some for the rest of the month at least. I'll be traveling Sept 1 and food choices may be limited so I won't be doing whole30 then.

Oh man - sitting here munching on the tasty muffins I just made thinking I'm doing OK. A friend brought me 4 quarts of beautiful wild blueberries that I'm trying to use up in recipes. Here's the ingredients:

1/2 cup coconut flour (I used 2:1 coconut to almond flour for better texture)

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 cup banana puree (I used 1 banana)

6 eggs , beaten

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 teaspoons lemon juice

4 tablespoons coconut oil

1/4 cup chopped walnuts

1 cup blueberries

This made 12 muffins; I had 2 with a big side of sugar free US Wellness beef bacon. SWPO?

Just for the sake of clarification:

If it looks like, acts like, or (pretty much) tastes like a food choice that's "less than healthy" (baked goods, pancakes, puddings, ice creams), even if the ingredients are compliant, its out for the duration of your program. Making and eating these foods does nothing to change your bad habits, even if the ingredients are different.

*Note: Julienned vegetables (and spaghetti squash) as a replacement for pasta are fine - the taste and texture in no way recreates actual pasta. Coconut and almond flour used as a coating are also fine (unless, of course, you really struggle with KFC cravings - and I'm sure some folks do). This is where the individualized part of SWYPO comes in.

DonC - I don't see any ingredients in your muffins that would upset the reset or healing process inside your body, so I wouldn't suggest that you start over, but rather take the lessons learned and go on from here.

Cindi - I would encourage you not to wait to start again, but to clarify that butter and give things another go starting now. You've already started to build the habits, so adding a few more days to your projected end date will be easier than you think. Plan ahead to compensate for the limited food choices and just keep on trucking.

Thanks for the advice. Oh, I'm not starting over, just continuing on with a few tweaks to make it right. I'll have to have a chance to get to the store to get some clarified butter (or I'll check out how to make some). But after a short break, in early Sept, I'll do it again and do it right. Although the short break is NOT going to be a free for all either. I haven't done wheat in almost a year now. I'm not going back to that for ANY reason. But during my break from whole30 I might add a bit of dairy so I can have some cheese and maybe a bit of cream for my coffee. Although I might really try to do the coffee with coconut milk again and see how that goes. I think a BIGGIE that I have given up is my artificial sweeteners or other sweeteners like honey. This has been a REALLY BIG deal. So I would really like to keep going on that. So, not undoing all that I've done and I'll listen to my body as I add a tiny bit of dairy in. At least I don't use a whole lot of butter. Thanks again.

Archived