Starting my first ever Whole30 October 27

WholeJenna

Hello New Friends,

My name is Jenna and I live in Seattle, WA. Eight weeks ago my life changed forever when I welcomed my son, Max, into the world. I knew that there would be challenges as a new mom. The challenge I wasn't expecting was having to deal with Max's severe acid reflux/spitup/vomiting. Because he has reflux that I believe is worse because of my SAD diet, I have half-haphazardly cut out dairy and soy. It still hasn't helped. I have to believe that eliminating sugar, wheat, and the other "no no's" while on the Whole30 will help my breast milk to be better for Max.

Another motivating factor is that I have struggled over half my life (I am 29 years old) with acne. Severe acne is bad enough and, to make matters worse, about two years ago, I started getting pretty advanced wrinkles (crow's feet around the eyes). So, all the skin troubles I  have to believe that diet may not reverse the wrinkles, but can help them not get worse...and help me not breakout.

I have never done a challenge like this. Ever. Nor have I ever stuckt to a "diet".  I am very scared that I will not  get prepared enough and then will get so hungry that I will give in to the off-limit foods.

Best,

Jenna

Hi Jenna! My name is Kristi and I am 10 days in and am feeling fantastic. I, too, have skin problems and went gluten free (a couple different times) for good at the beginning of September. I have already begun to feel the effects of that change on my skin (remember, the skin and hair is at least a month behind what you are doing to your body) and I have high hopes that I will soon see more changes on my itchy, scaly, irritated skin. 

I think that it's great you are doing this not only for yourself, but for your newborn! I truly believe (now more than ever!) that food is medicine. Our bodies have an amazing ability to heal themselves, and your health will literally be passed right along to your baby. 

I have struggled for YEARS with weight and seemingly endless allergies, asthma and random illnesses. I can honestly say I haven't felt this good in over a decade. In the past when "trying" to be healthy, I have given in at the first sight of junk food and have been unable to control my cravings. After years of failing and starting and stopping, I finally just made up my mind that enough was enough. I have done my first 10 days of Whole30 completely error-free, and once I started seeing some small success, it was easier to keep going. I am proud to say that I am now down 40 pounds from my highest weight (and still waiting for results from my Whole30).  

My point? You can DO IT! And I am here to help and be an accountability partner if you wish. Feel free to email me- [email protected]. Best of luck to you during your Whole30! 

Kristi 

Archived