I DONT HAVE CANCER! The biopsy results are back, and it is not cancer. I am so happy and grateful! Today is a day to celebrate. :) :) :)

Day 7

2014 11 06

Sleep: I slept though my alarm, or it never went off. This has happened twice now and I am starting to feel like maybe I need to set a second alarm besides the Jawbone? Luckily both days have been days where I didn't have to get up super early, so I wasn't late. But still! 7.5 h. Was awake for a while at 4 am.

Food:

Breakfast: 3 eggs, bowl of roasted root veg, chipotle sauce and coffe.

Lunch:

Dinner:

Exercise: about to head out for a celebratory run. :)

Thank you all! I am so relieved and happy. I feel like dancing!

I am compliant so far, today is Day 9. I have to say it is a lot easier now that the tension and worry is resolved. Today I am challenged by making cinnamon rolls from scratch with the kids. I love cinnamon rolls, but I know they would give me a tummy ache and that makes it easier to refrain. Besides, right now I feel like I can do anything. Like Melissa would say, turning down cinnamon rolls is NOT hard, surviving cancer is hard. :)

Day 9
2014 11 09

Sleep: 7h 10 min Slept well, but looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow. (I get up at 5:30 to run on Saturdays)

Food:
PreWO: 2 eggs, broccoli, avocado, coffee
PostWO/breakfast: 3 fried eggs, sweet potato and aubergine hash, bacon, bell pepper and carrot sticks, coffee.
Lunch: beef patty, a fried eggs, sweet potato "fries", wilted spinach, olive oil and chula sauce. (I feel like I have been eating the same thing every meal today.)
Mini meal: Two eggs, some sweet potato, spinach
Dinner: Scandinavian tapas, de-caf espresso

Exercise: long run, 15 mi, early this morning. This was followed by a massage before lunch. My back feels much better now. But there is still a lot to work on there for the masseuse.... I am so knotted up!

Tonight I am going out for tapas with a bunch of girl friends. That will be fun! We are meeting at the restaurant at 7, so I am going to be sleepy, and it am going to need to eat before hand. But I really look forward to tonight!

I am in a bit of a rush since I am at work now, but just a short up-date:

I am still going strong, feeling great.

The tapas was nice on Saturday, although it was Scandinavian tapas rather that Spanish, which made avoiding milk mpore of a challenge. I hope I made it, I was at least very clear about it. The server missed it on one dish that came out with parmesan all over it, so they were not super attentive... Luckily I caught that one. I did have a belly ache after, so I don't know if there was something sneaking in or if it was just because I am not used to eating so late? I am carrying on anyway. 

Yesterday was nice, just a lazy Sunday with a recovery run with the kids and husband on bikes next to me in the sun, followed by a visit by the in-laws.

Today:

Day 11

2014 11-10

Sleep: 6h 54 min. Ok, but I long for a slightly longer night. Hopefully tonight!

Food:

Breakfast: 3 eggs, ½ avocado, cherry tomatoes, a red bell pepper, handful Brazil nuts, coffee.

Lunch:

Dinner:

Exercise: 6.2 mi with my new cool headlamp at 5:45. So much fun to feel like I can conquer the darkness! :) Will also do the prescribed stretches for my back later today.

Day 13

2014 11 12

Sleep:

Older daughter woke up with a sore throat at 1:40 am, so I gave her some tylenol in the middle of the night and then I couldn't sleep for quite a while. Pretty tired today. I might need an extra coffee.

Food:

Breakfast: 3 eggs, a green bell pepper, two clementines and a few grapes, coffee x2.

Lunch:

Dinner:

Exercise: I will run intervals tonight. 6x1000m.

We had the babysitter last night, so husband and I went out to eat at a great tapas restaurant. I love Spanish tapas. It is so easy to compose a great Whole30-compliant meal. No added milk or putting batter on everything. Love it!

I feel good. I am enjoying this whole30. Not sure why, but it feels easy and like I *want* to stick with it. I have had moments where I have considered getting something that would not be in compliance but I have said to my self "nah, not worth it." I have also had moments like this Saturday when I go out to eat and I know the restaurant is probably not 100% observant to what I ask about the food and I end up with a tummy ache and a feeling that there was something incompliant somewhere that I didn't catch. But instead of thinking "darn, I am not sure, but I'll give up/start over just in case" I have choosen to just keep going. And it feels good. I have energy, I am strong when I run, I am enjoying the food I eat, I sleep well.

Still here, just very busy and then tired at night this week. Today is Friday and I look forward to coming home to enjoy a bowl of steaming seafood paella (made with cauli-rice instead of regular rice) and starting the weekend off! 

Day 1 again here. :)

I made the lame choice of eating a protein bar last night. Don't even know why, other than that stress+no running+not enough sleep = sugar cravings galore. The bar wasn't even good.

I feel surprisingly mellow about it though. Like so far this round I have done W14 followed by W14, so maybe I'll do 14 more? Or 30? I don't know. I do know that I want the structure of a "WholeX" right now. I have had such a good feeling through out my cycles of W14s. So I'll keep on keeping on.

Sleep: Still lacking! 6h 54 min. Got up early to get a long run in before breakfast with the family. I have not felt too tired during the day, but I do look forward to sleeping more tonight.

Food:

Pre-WO: 2 eggs, bowl of steamed spinach, coffee

Post-WO/breakfast: 2 eggs, sweet potato, a few slices chorizo, steamed spinach, coffee

Lunch: Big plate of beef slices woked with broccoli, carrots, cabbage, onion, garlic and chili. Coffee.

Dinner: left-over paella ( cauliflower rice) De-caf.

Exercise: 15 miles. Felt really good! :)

Day 2
It is kind of like groundhog day, you know? :D

Sleep: 8h and 10 min, hurrah! Feels great!

Food:
Breakfast: 3 eggs, sweet potato/onion hash, steamed spinach, hot sauce, coffee
Lunch: 2 salsicca links, more sweet potato/onion hash, more steamed spinach
Snack: Satsuma
Dinner: seafood paella (cauliflower rice), aioli, salad with spinach, parsley totamato, avocado, pommegranate etc. de-caf, handful dried mulberries and a few pieces of a pommelo. <-first time trying one, kind of a mix between a grapefruit and a satsuma.

Exercise: 7.2 miles easy. Suuuuper windy out, but still ver warm for being November (50's). Good run!

I am cooking for the week ahead. I just loaded the fridge with a Bolognese sauce, the chocolate chili from Well Fed and now I am waiting for the pork carnitas to finish. They take forever, though... It feels good to know we have food for days to come.

Day 3

2014 11 17

I feel great. Really great. Maybe even a little tiger blood-ish lately? :)

Sleep: Not the best night. Little one woke up and then husband was tossing and turning trying to go back to sleep, which kept me awake too. Still, I feel ok. 6h 54 min.

Food:

Breakfast: 3 eggs, broccoli, mixed salad from yesterday, small handful walnuts, coffee.

Lunch: 2 big ground beef patties, roasted rainbow carrots and parsnip, big mixed salad, olive oil and apple vinegar

2 clementines

Dinner: The last of the (paleo) seafood paella, aioli. De-caf, a few pieces of the pomelo (it was so huge it lasted us two days) and a few slices dried mango.

Exercise: 4.6 mi easy run to the car pool meet-up. Did a few strides to get my HR up at bit at the end. Will do school pick-up on foot to, for 8 mi total today.  

Day 4

2014 11 18

Sleep: I think just over 7 hours? I wasn't tired waking up, so probably enough.

Food:

Breakfast: 3 eggs, leftover mixed salad from yesterday's dinner with olive oil and lemon, Handful toasted coconut chips. Coffee.

Lunch: Osso Bucco (sp?) roasted carrots, big salad, handful nuts, grapes and a satsuma

Pre-WO: Satsuma, an egg

Dinner/post-WO: Well Fed chocolate chili, sweet potato/leek hash, salad

Exercise: 4.6 mi easy before work. Legs were a little tired, so I took it easy and just got the miles in. Runnning club later tonight with 1000m intervals. :huh:  :o It will be fun though! :)

Hi A, ooooh, warmer temps and a massage and good food sounds lovely. Enjoy! The running slub was great. I love how it makes me push myself more than I ever do when running alone.

Yesterday 2014 11 19, Day 6

I didn't have a chance to log my day yesterday, but I made some really good choices I am proud of. We were off-site all day with the department and there was loads of homemade apple pies, bread fresh from the Danish baker (and Danish bakers rock my world!) as well as candy. And I came well prepared and stuck to my plan. Yeah!

Sleep: 6h 30 min. Younges DD woke at 4:30 and I never went back to sleep.

Food:

Breakfast: 3 fried eggs, sweet potato/leek hash, coffee.

Snack: (we had a late lunch so I was hungry) 2 clementines, a handful pistachios

Lunch: Pickled herring (it's a Nordic thing... :)) followed by Ceasar salad (no croutons or cheese, of course), handful almonds and dried fruit with coffee

Dinner: Pork carnitas (Well Fed) roasted red beets and sweet potato, galic mayo, steamed spinach.

Exercise: 1.5 recovery run, stretch.

Day 7

2014 11 20

Sleep: 7h 30 min. Woke up rested, but from a stressful dream. I dreamed that I was running a marathon in a local mall with my youngest kid on my hip. :lol:

Food:

Breakfast: 3 eggs, a red bell pepper, coffee. Herbal tea.

Lunch:

Dinner:

Exercise: 1.5 mi recovery and stretch.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, I have been so bad with the updates this week. It's been such a crazy week. I had my mum and her fiance visiting last weekend, and it was nice and all, just a bit ... tiring. So I feel like I started the week exhausted. I have had deadlines for two big things and I have been so pressed for time. Plus I have not been sleeping well, probably due to all those things going around in my mind at 4 am. It is now Friday afternoon and I am wrapping up in the office before heading to out Christmas dinner. I'll be honest - I am planning on staying paleo, but I am going to eat dessert if they have anything without milk and grains. :ph34r:

So I guess by tomorrow I am over in the Post-Whole 30 forum again!

Archived