Conniebug's Whole30

conniebug

• Administrators

I like your blog!  Have you figured out breakfast yet? We can't get compliant sausage in my area so I just make my own (loose, not in casings).  Ground pork with Well Fed Sausage Seasoning (let me know if you want a link) cooked (2#) in advance and then heated in a frying pan with some already chopped veggies. I happen to top with 2 eggs for my husband and I but you don't have to, just up the meat a little.  From pan to plate in under 10 minutes if you precook the pork on the weekend and prechop your veggies (some of my veggie favourites: onion, peppers, green beans, mushrooms, shredded beet, kale, roasted cubed butternut squash)

Good Luck, Happy Day One tomorrow!

Thanks for checking out my blog! I did figure out breakfast. I'm going to alternate deviled eggs with homemade mayo or chicken for my protein. Then I'll either have leeks and asparagus or some kind of greens and onion for my veg.

For my lunches I'll be doing either leftovers from dinner or tuna with spinach, celery, and radishes.

I've never been a huge fan of pork, but I may hit you up for that link down the road when I'm more adventurous.

So Day 1 I woke up with a splitting headache. For breakfast I had deviled eggs, leeks, and asparagus. For lunch I had tuna salad with spinach, kale chps, cashews, and a couple of baby pickles. A little after lunch, my headache turned into a migraine. I took my migrain meds and went to bed. I woke up around 6 or 7 I think. I was really hungry. I had an apple (there were on the counter), then went back to bed.

Day 2 I woke up without a real headache, just that migrain echo you can sometimes get. The mayo I made for the tuna and eggs is not good. It has no flavor. So this morning I had the eggs fried in olive oil and the leeks and asparagus.

For lunch I had the tuna, spinach, kale chips, cashews, and pickles like yesterday.

For dinner I had a pork chop (awful), saurkraut, and roasted eggplant and zucchini.

All I can think about is food. I went to be early so I wouldn't run to the store for something off plan.

Day 3 I woke up with a headache again. It went away by noon though. I don't think they are withdrawl headaches. I think they are pitbull-sleeping-sideways-in-the-middle-of-the-bed headaches.

Same breakfast and lunch for dinner yesterday. for dinner I had tacos with lettuce leaf shells. I couldn't find a taco seasoning mix that didn't have whey in it, so I seasoned the beef myself. It sucked. It just tasted like beef with chili and cumin. Gross.

I worked on my Halloween costume then went to bed early.

I really need to find some whole30 food I like. So far I have leeks and asparagus, spinach, cashews, pickles, kale chips (I am getting tired of those), zucchini, and brussels sprouts.

• Moderators

I really need to find some whole30 food I like. So far I have leeks and asparagus, spinach, cashews, pickles, kale chips (I am getting tired of those), zucchini, and brussels sprouts.

There are so many food options out there, I'm sure you will be able to find something you like. I've made this burrito bowl (it was more like a taco salad, if you ask me) -- it was good, and would give you something to start with in terms of taco seasoning for your beef. I'm not sure what the sausage seasoning ladyshanny mentioned is like -- but you could make it with ground chicken or turkey if you don't want pork. These Asian Meatballs are good -- I preferred them when I precooked the sweet potato and mashed it up in them, but others seem to like the chunks. I made those and some Asian Coleslaw (leave out the honey, it doesn't need it. If you want it a bit sweeter, add some chopped pineapple).  Most of the recipes from The Clothes Make the Girl are Whole30 compliant. Many of the ones from Nom Nom Paleo are, as well.

If you're on facebook or instagram, look for Whole30 Recipes (that's the Facebook link) -- they have a different guest post recipes every week, all Whole30 compliant. Some go for more elaborate recipes, others simpler ones, it changes every week. There are lots of recipes on PInterest, too, but you have to be careful and read the ingredients, they're not always compliant even if they're tagged Whole30.

Archived