Emergen-C, vitamin coatings, and compliance...

CB907

So the question is this: I generally take Emergen-C and D3 supplements daily because I work at a school with 600 kiddos and I like to keep my immune system a little boosted.  I've also found this helps significantly.  However, I did notice that there is fructose in the Emergen-C - should I eliminate this stuff from my diet because of this?  I am three quarters of the way through the book and it hasn't addressed this.

Additionally, my co-worker who is doing this with me takes a women's multi that is coated with soy - she has the same question.

I don't know why it would be different compliance-wise to have these small amount in our vitamins (i.e. I'm guessing we need to eliminate our vitamin intake or at least change it to compliant vitamins) but I'm hoping that it's such a small amount that it is allowed... :) 

Thanks, all!

neither of these supplements is ok on the whole30.

If you are taking a dr prescribed mediation that has a soy coating, it is allowed because the alternative could create serious health issues. Not so with emergen-C or a multivitamin. Eat an orange, drink some mineral water, eat a variety of colorful vegetables, and meat and good fat instead. If you want to search for compliant vitamins and supplements you are welcome to do so, but eating this way will take care of the majority of vitamins and minerals you need (vitamin D is one exception--that one is definitely worth finding in compliant form. Look for olive oil or MCT oil as a base).

Archived