More Changes to Come

Tina Marie

good evening !

M1 - veggies from the roast w/ 3 fried eggs

M2 was roast and veggies

M3 was a salad  w/ 2 eggs, veggies 

snack was a banana w/ sunflower butter  (well maybe more like dessert)  I felt my salad was lacking in fat and protein 

I did arm exercises and the stomach twist (3 sets of 10 for all of them) 

My desk is going to be delivered - I'm hoping tomorrow because I am off..  and I can't wait to get my 'office' set up.

ok  running out of stuff to post about my day - Mondays are so blah.  Well  at least I exercised.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 15!!!  Half way there !

Today has been good - day off, did errands - dog got her vaccinations, child got her vaccinations, my desk (ok parts of my desk) were delivered.  Went for a nice walk this morning with my cousin.  It was VERY Chilly - like winter chilly.  with chilly winds - and no sun.

M1- roast and veggies
M2  - hmmm  oh meatballs I think - nope muffin tin fritattas
M3 - baked potato and roast

Made some meat muffins (meatballs made in a muffin tin - trying something new) and what didn't fit in the muffin tin were made into meatballs.  it was gr pork/gr beef w/ shredded sweet potato, shredded butternut squash, onions, mushrooms.  And I put the Almost Alma sauce in it - and they are DELISH. 

Also made the fritattas, wrapped in priscuito, (dang can't spell it)  so egg, mushrooms, onions, peppers, spinach.   Again Delish. Baked sweet potatoes, and butternut squash.

Ok  - off to run a few more errands

Tina, keep in there, you sound so positive! Well done. I'm getting my head more and more round doing another 30 when I come back from my hols; I have the newest book, it kind of walks you through.... I can feel myself getting re-inspired! you head off your holiday as I get back to normal from mine.

Donna, Lauri, if you're looking in - Hello, and hugs.

C x

Today was Habitat Day -  M1  was egg fritata, butternut squash  M2  fresh carrots, celery, tomato, cauliflower, sunflower butter. Egg fritata, meatballs. 

Today was a good hard working day -  I learned how to put up siding !  Got a tiny bit of a sunburn on the back of my neck.. forgot that part when I was lathering up !!  Only hit my thumb once, but a friend did quite a number on hers. She hit it once - got a blood blister, then about a 1/2 hr before completing our day so hit it again and busted the blood blister. ....  poor lady  - 

So got my work out - probably tomorrow I won't be able to lift my right arm.

Day 19

Things are going ok - Food has been the same as the previous days -  I just fell off the wagon of typing down what I am eating...Usually do this in between calls at work - but it has been so busy. 

Yesterday went to noodles and company for dinner before seeing the Avengers movie - had their fruit & spinach salad..  minus the cheese, croutons and bacon.  so basically spinach with a spattering of strawberries (chopped) and a bit of nuts. for $8.. disappointing.  They now offer bowls without noodles (swap veggies or spinach) but I was afraid of what is in the sauces, so I will try that sometime when I am off the 30.  Too pricey to waste if I couldn't eat it !

Day  22 ~   well got a yucky cold on Friday the 22nd - went to the movie and dinner and we both ended up with sore throats and now it is runny/stuffy noses. no fun - Wanted to throw in the towel and just eat crappy..    But I didn't  - but I also didn't eat the best

I did make a huge batch of chicken broth,  I have been saving the ends of my asparagus, so I tossed them into the pot too.   I tell ya - that is some yummy broth.  I think it is exactly what I need for this cold too.

well chat later

Day 24 -  in the home stretch. 

Have been dealing with the cold - I think it is on its way out.   I have been trying to get 5k in steps but a sit down job makes it difficult !  I have not done any other exercising - not real exercise -have just been worn out.  Now that I am starting to feel better, I will get back on it.  Tonight - I will tonight.

Well - that's all I have

Hi Ladies

Tina I think you have been doing great.  Don't worry about exercising when you are sick. Its is hard enough to get motivated when you feel well. Your body needs the rest to get over the illness.

That concoction you did with hamburger over butternut squash is very much like the one I do over sweet potato. I will have to try it over butternut squash.

I have a spiralizer. Is that what you use on your butternut squash sometimes or do you use a grater. The squash is so hard I didn't think I would be able to spiralize it.  Does yours stick to your counter top when you use it?  I have to fight with mine it won't suction to any surface I have tried.

Chrissie I can understand where you are at about the whole 30.  I would be hard pressed to do it again right now.  Maybe somewhere in the future.  I am just trying to eat health organic and pastured foods most of the time.

We went to  Sedona Arizona for my Granddaughters wedding.  It was so beautiful up on the mesa mountains they have there. They were married by a Shaman on top of one of the mountains.  It is more of a blessing then the normal wedding ceremony.

When we were there I did eat grains and other things I don't eat here.  I sure felt a difference.

We did a flash mob at the reception.  I started it just to shock her more because I am the last person she would expect to do that. Doug gave the last toast with me standing next to him and he ended with your Grandma is so happy she wants to dance. The DJ started the music, my arms went up in the air and the dance started. after a few seconds 4 others joined me including the Mother of the bride.  Then a in a minute a few others.  That continued until about 18 of us was out there dancing. The brides to younger sisters were at her table and they were egging her on by saying oh my god is Grandma drunk and wow what are they doing .  Then all of a sudden they jumped up and ran out there.  Candace was laughing and shocked at the same time.  She said that was the best thing. She had not heard anything in the weeks leading up to it about something happening.  We had all been meeting on Saturdays to practice for 6 weeks.  The hardest part was acting like I didn't really know people ( her friends) when I would see somebody at the coffee shop.  I had maybe met them once before but we had all become friends during this adventure.

Exercise is going well. I noticed a difference in not doing that also.  I was much more tired.  It was nice to get back to it.

Take care and have wonderful vacations.

day 27

Ginger it is so good to hear from you !!!   The flash mob sounds marvelous !!!!  what a special surprise.  So glad you popped on to share - miss hearing from you.  Believe it or not - it is actually easy to spiral a butternut - hard part is making it fit.  I have a hand held gizmo - so have to cut more or less into a rectangle with a pointy end !   then I cook all the little pieces that I had to cut off.

Today is grocery day - no real supplies - last night really wanted French fries, and pizza and and and.  mostly because I knew I really didn't have anything to make in the house - the lettuce had rotted - ate all other veggies.  I stopped at the store and bought shrimp and zucchini and made zoodles and shrimp   it was fast and easy and kept the fries out of my mouth.  Did not know what I was going to make for breakfast -very slim pickings. No eggs.  So whip up some cauliflower rice, added the roasted cabbage and the some meatballs.  Added curry, ginger, garlic and shallots.  Very tasty.  Sure beats a piece of toast and jam (which is what I would have done moons ago !)

a friend challenged me to a fitbit challenge - basically who gets the most steps in.  But I worked yesterday (I did walk on the treadmill - ) so today I have to try and beat her... which I don't think I will be able to-  I was going to go for a walk but it is cool and very windy here.   Wind and cold do not make for a happy Tina when walking.  I guess I could put on some earmuffs or a head band.   Lots of shopping to do - so I think I will get in quite a few steps.  Maybe this afternoon the wind will die down.

off to get my day going.

ok so I busted my girlfriends butt who challenged me - I walked 16141 steps yesterday !!   I walked the trail  (twice ) and did an exercise tape - and then all the errands !  so I was one tired and sore girl last night.  This morning I can certainly feel that work out.  more than when I was working out with weights.  I have decided to get back to doing that every other day.

ok  I'm out until after work

Whole 30 - 3rd round -  DONE !

I think It is amazing how my body reacts when I do this, the joint pain, & foot pain are down to barely nothing and any pain is far and few. That is the main reason I do this - plus the weight loss -even minute is good too!   Down to 177, started at 180.  BUT my clothes are even more loose- will weigh at the doctors next week as it seems work scale weighs me heavier.

I would really like to have a sip of a Coke - or Mt Dew - but I know there is no Coca cola plant or Mt Dew plant so I will have to go with out.

I sorta miss coffee - like an iced coffee.. but I have to add so much sugar to it to make it drinkable - that I no longer want to do that.  so am on the look out for different drinks to replace the iced coffee.   I have found a recipe on NomNompaleo for a watermelon drink - sounds yummy.

I plan on enjoying a pizza in the next few days - Papa  - oh how I have missed you !!!

I am going to try really really hard - to keep the snacking to a minimum - or atleast keep it to the corn products as they did not seem to bother me --- I ate a cobb of corn yesterday because our company had its annual 'cookout' and there were no other veggies and I was not prepared with my own veggies.  No stomach distress at all with eating the corn.  we will see in the next few days if it causes any foot problems.   I do miss eating Wheat Thins, crackers - but it is not worth it to me - unless it is very limited.   I don't seem to have a problems with POTATO chips  or corn chips - or the brand of Terra chips.. made from actual veggies.

Ok enough rambling.

Getting ready for our road trip !   Going to be a busy busy busy.   Saturday we head out to GA, spending the night in Louisville then onto Jonesboro.  Monday we will then go onto Augusta to meet an old Navy buddy, that I have not seen in many many years ! Tues is the Georgia acquarium,   Wed we then head off to Pensacola FL until Saturday.  We then head home the 23rd.    Looking forward to relaxing and enjoying my friends company.   I will get a picture of me on the beach to use on my profile !!

hope everyone is going well.

Wow Tina you have done great.  You may not have lost a lot of weight but sounds like you lost inches which is a biggie.  Did you measure before you started this time.  Lol good job beating your friend. It sure helps to have something motivating you.  Mine is having had the cancer. I want to be the best I can be health wise.  The women who is in my boot camp class has MS and that motivates her to keep active. I have decided I don't care for the Zumba class at the gym.  So much depends on the instructor and her choice of music and routine.

Chrissie are you back from vacation?  How was it? 

• 3 weeks later...

Yah for July !!  I am working from home - today is my first official day !  Going well.

Our vacation was wonderful - nice and warm - great company and I manage to eat pretty well.  except for eating late at night - which is totally out of the norm for us.  I only gained 2 lbs !   The view was wonderful - very relaxing.

Happy 4th - hope everyone had a good day.....

Went strawberry picking yesterday - made strawberry pie, cut up and put some in the freezer for smoothies and to put on top of ice cream... had enough to give to my folks... think I might go again on Tuesday- they taste so much better than the store, and they were only $1.55/lb. 

Today - I need to go and get my camper up and some repairs taken care of - but a case of the lazies has set in.  

Have been trying to eat good - had a BLT yesterday - no bread of course - wrapped it in lettuce and it was delish !  Found a new way to bake bacon - weaved 3 pieces together and then baked.  makes a nice square piece of bacon and nothing falls off your sandwich !!

I am trying to decide if I want to make my own mayo or go the Miracle whip way.   I don't want to go overboard on the sugar - so any extra that I can eliminate is always the best.  If I'm going to be eating BLTs then I need to eliminate sugar some where else.! 

well - everyone seems to be off enjoying their summer ... man - my life sure is boring !!  Ha

well I enjoyed my break from W30 -I did not go totally off the map - but was not w30 that is for sure.  Enjoyed a bottle of wonderful plum wine - delish !  Had gluten free crackers, a bit of ice cream (have learned that I am ok with a bit - but anything more than 1 scoop causes a gurgly stomach.. and too much gas)  enjoyed a bit of pimento cheese spread, some sour cream on my baked potato, store bought bbq sauce and miracle whip. A few donuts were thrown in the mix OHH and an amazing brownie that our local store makes... exactly the way I like it - gooey - carmel, choc chips -  NOW that was soooo WORTH IT !!.    Was a bit lax on the morning veg.  So with yesterday being hump day - and I am now over the hump - going to go back to w30.  I am not doing an official w30- just eating more in line with it.  I certainly feel better and it really isn't too terribly hard. 

working from home is going well - still getting used to it -  I think I will go back to making my lunch the night before (or in the morning) because I have been wasting too much of my lunch time -making lunch.  I get 1/2 hr and have been having to rush with eating it - which is not enjoyable.  So this morning I had a salad for M1 and then made another salad for lunch and made my daughter a salad for her lunch.

well - must get on the phones - hope who ever is reading this - Has a wonderful day !!

So decided to go to a restaurant last night - Noodles and that is what they serve - all kinds of noodles   My daughter likes this place, they have salads for me.  They now have a Buff Bowl.... basically - same dishes you would get with noodles but instead it is on a bed of spinach.  I had one -  and it had a sauce that was sweetened soy sauce. ...  the first soy sauce I have had since Sept 2014.   and guess what ?   My stomach was soooooo PISSED at me later.    I will never do that again !  I was not feeling well at all.

Today will be a compliant day to make up for it !

so I am definitely off and riding my own bike - and am so thankful for the whole 30   and it remains my main template for most meals because I know how good I feel when I follow the template.

I made coconut milk ice cream - Love Love Love it !  Added fresh berries from my recent berry picking.  and it was totally delish !  I love my ice cream maker !  and don't have to pay for the store bought coconut ice cream.    I was thinking of making banana ice cream and eating it with the strawberry  -  banana split ! 

This makes me a very happy girl cuz I like my ice cream !!    even Brooke loved it !

good evening - This week has been a bit of a challenge - I did not plan my meals so was really winging it.  Lucky for me - I did have enough brains to grab some ground pork on my shopping trip..... so I have been living off of cabbage bowls - which have been fine - and salad-  I did throw some burgers on the grill, with some zucchini, asparagus.   Today I made zoodles, asparagus w/ ground pork.  again yummy.  

I really wanted those brownies that our store makes - talked myself out of driving there to get them.   I do need to go get more coconut milk so I can make some more coconut ice cream... I wanted to top the brownies with ice cream.. so I can make coconut cream or coconut ice cream to top it.

I popped some popcorn tonight - and enjoyed a nice big bowl.

I am missing my friends - and their stories - but I understand that life moves on.  Another friend has started a facebook page for a group of us through work and friendships that is about Paleo(ish) living ... support and ideas, basically the same thing as the forum.  It is nice now some of my friends are more supportive of my lifestyle.

Ok well off for tonight

Since ending my last 30 - have been doing pretty good...  although the foot pain has come back intermittently  - but I have been snacking more... and more sugar.. and not enough veggies.

I am trying to learn how to ride my own bike - without skinny both knees and elbows.  I think I have found a good balance and then foot pain comes back - or I can't wake up worth a crap- tired....   I really must get back to exercising too. I'm sure that would help ( not to mention maybe tighten up this flabby skin after losing weight  YAAH !)

OH and yes enjoyed the popcorn but it didn't sit to well - so I tossed the leftovers... I guess I can live with out it  -

I feel a bit awkward - posting here into never never land - all by myself -  Miss everyone.

Since ending my last 30 - have been doing pretty good...  although the foot pain has come back intermittently  - but I have been snacking more... and more sugar.. and not enough veggies.

I am trying to learn how to ride my own bike - without skinny both knees and elbows.  I think I have found a good balance and then foot pain comes back - or I can't wake up worth a crap- tired....   I really must get back to exercising too. I'm sure that would help ( not to mention maybe tighten up this flabby skin after losing weight  YAAH !)

OH and yes enjoyed the popcorn but it didn't sit to well - so I tossed the leftovers... I guess I can live with out it  -

I feel a bit awkward - posting here into never never land - all by myself -  Miss everyone.

It's good to shoot the breeze with the Universe.  I always wait for some kind of reverb or echo. Mostly, I hear crickets.   Don't worry, ShopGirl...{Tom Hanks}...Tina Marie - there's always someone listening to you.     When it's just you and you,  you are the only one who must reset yourself UP for success.   You're just about there.

MeadowLily ~  thank you for that !! you are right - I've been talking to the universe for a bit - and it really does help me to keep everything in perspective!!

Again - you are correct - I am the only one who can help myself !

good morning !  so I went to the farmers market last night - I always forget how crowded it gets !   did get some tomatoes for a BLT, some wax beans and brussel sprouts.  BUT forgot to buy some meat !  haahaa... thank goodness I had tossed some leftover roast beef in the freezer so that was my lunch yesterday and my lunch today.

I enjoyed some wax beans w/ my breakfast this morning .. love their crunch !

Archived