More Changes to Come

Tina Marie

Good Afternoon Universe !!

wow time flies - I'm gonna do another W30 starting next week.  A friend of mine has started and I decided I would too - it is always better when you have a partner...

I have been eating well, and am happy with how things are going.   I will weigh and measure before this next 30 - haven't measure since like Feb.  but we all know we don't need a scale or tape measure.

I have been doing a plank challenge and can't get pass 2 mins - arggg  my goal is to get more fit - and I can't even get pass 2 min plank !!!    baby steps.  I have lots of giggly parts that need tightening up. With winter coming, I will go back to yoga, actually should do it now.. 

Ok  well off for now

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So today is 2nd day of 4th W30....starting wt 171 decided to not measure -  

Today I wanted to have snacks - just because - but I have not caved.  I did eat some cashews and an apple and I wasn't STARVING - but I was hungry and lunch was a bit away. I made a beef roast with lots of root veggies, parsnips, rutabaga, onions, turnips and a can of fire roasted tomatoes.  That will hold me for a few meals.  Also have bbq pork - recipe for Melissa's bbq ribs..  but on pork roast.

Made a bbq pork 'fajita' for lunch yesterday - was yummy  lettuce was my wrap. It was a very delish lunch !

My brain has become kinda foggy - get distracted very easily.  Probably cuz I was eating a bit crappy.  Looking forward to some more healing... and more learning about my body.

hi Universe !!!  and all the peeps !

it is yucky and overcast today -  good thing I made some yummy soup.. which is now almost gone.  This weekend I will be making more broth...found some beef bones when I defrosted my freezer, so will be making chicken and beef broth.

well no fun news from me....  cheerio

Wow it is the 16th already... I decided that I wasn't going to do a whole 30.  I am doing whole 1's... taking 1 day a time.  I have come a long way baby !!  and am happy with how it is going - and at the time I started the whole 30 - I was feeling pretty constrained... restricted - and I don't want to feel like that.   Maybe after the 1st of the year - after all the holidays.  My body may need a reset at that time !

My friend has been hanging in there. 

I'm still here....  work is really really busy and have been doing OT and no time to hang out at this website - so that leaves logging on here after work.  After being on the computer all day - don't usually want to get on my personal computer.

Spend last sunday loading my parents up with wood for the winter... lots of work and man did my feet hurt by the end of the day.  I had some issues on Saturday and it just got worse. I believe it is my shoes - need new ones.  I don't think that my diet is causing it as I have been pretty good.   Was eating some French onion dip, but have put that aside ~  have not been eating any other dairy.   Was eating some corn chips - but stopped eating them as well.

I have been lax on the veggies some nights...  just bored with them.  I have started back with salads.  Easy way to get all the veggies in!

I'm outa here-  will try to get on here more - I like the accountability - and posting does that for me.

so today is Day 1 of a whole 30 -  I decided last night.   I have gained 2 lbs...  no biggie  - but have had some swelling and foot pain.   So now is a good time to nip all that in the BUTT.   

Have been having a headache since eating those darn doritoes.    Another one today -  I'm gonna empty the cabinet of anything that I can't have that I have bought for myself  - like Terra chips, tortillas, popcorn - It is all going into the trash...  No temptations - 

Day 1   and I almost screwed it up !   had made bacon last night for my daughter and I almost put a piece in my mouth !! Like I almost ate it - without thinking !  This is why I have to do another whole30.  it is the mindless grabbing food.   (well I was hungry so there was a reason-)  then I thought I will make tuna salad - but no homemade mayo -  so no tuna salad - settled on a salad.

M1  3 eggs w/ fried broccoli slaw and mushrooms

M2 was gr beef, w/ zucchini, stewed tomatoes, onions.
M3 - big ole salad - with avocado/balsamic vinegar dressing

still have the headache - :(

Made it through Day 1....  I did have some snacks - 2 pickles - I wanted something sweet - so sour was a good distraction. Had an apple and some pecans, less than a palm full.

went to bed with the headache - 2 Tylenol did not cure it -it was on its way to becoming a migraine,  so got up in the middle of the night and took an Aleve.  that was the first ibuprofen type med that I have taken in over a year.  BUT  I woke up with no headache.

M1 was egg 'muffins'  with peppers, broccoli and 'fake gr beef"  (Qorn brand)  and a bowl of sw potatoe/acorn soup.
M2 will be gr beef w/ shredded cabbage/broccoli slaw

M3 - ???   maybe another salad.   we will just have to wait and see

Tina,

darn! A headache? Maybe have some caffeine if it persists. I'm finishing Day 4 and it has gone well, so far!

I have a question about kale. I'm trying. I get that it's a wonder food. I just don't like it. I made kale chips on Saturday, but meh! I have more kale and it's all stripped and washed and ready to go...any ideas?

I mentioned that I had prepared better this W30 and I think it will help,me stay focused. I bought the W30 cookbook, read it through, actually set goals. This is amazing! I never write resolutions. One goal is to plan my meals for the next day before going to bed. This isn't too difficult because I make a week plan for the grocery store, I'd be absolutely miserable without that! But since I'm not a breakfast person it is really nice to have already figured out that meal. Silly me.

I also made myself a daily page to write my meals, exercise, my mood, and any notes to myself. I am trying to get back into meditation, but today after a platelet donation I felt that a nap was an equally good choice. My husband thought so! Apparently I was cranky.

Today's meals

B: 1/3 of a 6 egg spinach frittata and a clementine orange ( last one in the drawer)

L: Lean hamburger, frozen snow peas, carrots and some ghee

D: Boneless pork chop, seared in coconut oil and then baked; steamed broccoli; small microwaved sweet potato and some ghee.

I have also rediscovered the wonder of Natural Calm. I have a new container waiting that has a Citrix flavor, this is ok because I only drink it in water.

Ok, I'm going to try to find my page and rewrite much of this. I hope your headache is gone tomorrow!!

Hugs!

Mary

BTW, email me if you want to share phone numbers so we could text quick questions. Just a thought.

• Moderators

I have a question about kale. I'm trying. I get that it's a wonder food. I just don't like it. I made kale chips on Saturday, but meh! I have more kale and it's all stripped and washed and ready to go...any ideas?

I usually do this with collard or turnip greens, but I think it would work with kale too -- the Crisp Sweet option on this page. I'm sure the Creamy & Spicy is good too, I just haven't tried it.

Welcome Back Mary !!! I have not tried Kale - have not jumped on the band wagon - I guess my fear that it will taste like cooked spinach is holding me back. My cousin loves Kale chips. I tried to be a grown up and try Beets - I think I feel the same way about beets Meeehhh I tossed them in the trash. I tried them roasted (which is suppose to be the best)

So made it to Day 3

I had an apple and small palm full of pecans yesterday for a snack

M3 yesterday was salad

M1 today was egg muffin and squash/sw potato soup

M2 was 3 fried eggs over chopped cauliflower & broccoli slaw that I sauted.

M3 was a burger, tomato, avocado and steamed broccoli.

was almost headache free today - until after work - now it is a dull ache.

I just realized that I did not snack today !! Oh a mini meal doesn't count right - I had carrot sticks and almond butter because I was STARVING and lunch was not for another 45 mins.

Mary - you have done so well since the your 1st whole 30- It has been great keeping up with you.

You are so kind, Tina. The truth is I didn't pay attention to my food this summer, so I have more catching up (or down?) than you do.

I tried a Protein salad this week and it was a big hit and easy to make....I mixed 2 Tbsp W30 mayo with a little balsamic vinegar and it was really nice..and pretty. The Protein salad from the new cookbook (pg.161) was:

Baby spinach, 1/2 onion sliced, halved green grapes, celery, slivered almonds and left over Seared Chicken Breasts (pg. 157). Yum.

It helps to plan ahead for leftovers.

Hope that nasty headache is gone tomorrow.

What's the weather like now? We enjoyed our visit to your beautiful state this summer, but I was disappointed that I didn't see any moose, even though the road signs told us to be careful. Wait, maybe that was Michigan.

Evening ! Day 4 No snacking at all today ! I knew I could get past it - I tried to make sure that I am eating enough. Had to take my dear daughter to get her flu shot and then shopping right after work - so no time for dinner or a snack. Was starving when I got home....

M1 - a yummy bowl of gr beef, cabbage, onions that I sautéed and then finished it by adding my sw potato soup and coconut milk. used Lebanese spice from well fed cook book it was very delish ! I am going to make it tomorrow morning too I think

M2 -hamburger and broccoli, tomatoes and avocado

M3 a bowl of soup and left over bit of M1- waiting patiently for my salmon to cook.

Mary we do believe we have Moose but they are waaaaayyy up north - so it was most likely Michigan. It was too bad that I was on my way out of WI as you were on your way in.

I have some very supportive friends ! a friend wanted me to try out a recipe for her before she made it for a family function, and is modifying it to be whole 30. She made a wonderful cauliflower soup - we are going to use prosciutto instead of bacon this time and I think it will be just as tasty.

and No headache today !

Wonderful!

Prosciutto, hmmm. Is that compliant? It would be a nice alternative, compliant bacon is difficult to get and the online store was sold out. Go figure!

Going to drink my Natural Calm and make my plan for tomorrow.

It's wonderful that you have such good friends! I'm still eating through a massive batch of sweet potato soup that I froze in serving sizes. You are right in that it makes for a quick meal, or start to the meal. I did buy beef bones today that I just realized I need to ale the beef bone broth for tomorrow's chili. Gotta get cracking!

Sweet dreams!

I hear a pressure cooker makes light work of making broth - I've been thinking of buying one for myself cuz it sure would be nice to not spend a whole day making broth, stews, roast - etc. Do you have one Mary ? If anyone else who might be reading this have any thoughts to pressure cookers - bring it on - I would like some thoughts etc.

nice to have someone to bounce ideas off on again. Enjoy your peaceful time !

Salmon just came out of the oven.... much to hot to eat - and I am almost drooling it smells so good. Funny how I love the smell but my oldest daughter can't stand it.

Ok off to read some other posts - looking for some inspiration - love reading other peoples successes and even their struggles. I have learned from others struggles. I hope that maybe I have inspired someone else.

No, I don't have a pressure cooker. My mother and grandmother didn't have one. It would be good to hear about the advantages.

I finished my beef bone broth, strained, decanted and labeled. So I'm set for a while.

Today I had a real yearning for a glass of wine. I caught your headache, fussed at my husband but didn't give in.

I feel somewhat relieved by my decision to eat tonight's dinner again tomorrow instead of making chili. I'll save that for next week. I'm running out of space in the freezer.

Maybe this should be an early to bed night...

HI there !   Have made it another few days !

I have looked up the pressure cooker I want -  Instant Pot  IP- DU06   7 in 1.  Read lots of reviews on amazon -  first heard about it when browsing www.nomnompaleo.com she uses it all the time.   This is going to be my birthday/Christmas present to myself.   I am running out of room in the freezer as well, and would really like to can some meats and would be able to do that in this cooker.  (cuz what happens if the power goes out... )

Lets see where did I leave off...

No headache for 2 days and then yesterday - another one ... darn it.  even tried some oils. 

yesterday had lunch with a good friend - she planned a whole 30 meal for me.  so yesterday had sautéed cauliflower with 3 eggs,  lunch was cauliflower soup topped with prosciutto, brussel sprouts, cole slaw and deviled eggs.  Did not eat dinner as I was not hungry at all !

Made shephards pie for todays dinner... venison for the meat - mashed cauliflower instead of mashed potatoes.  I am going to make a breakfast bake  for the week.  I have some chicken thighs - going to make a recipe for a chicken stew from well fed 2.

M1 today - still not very hungry  1 boiled egg and a bowl of the cauliflower soup.  

PS  yes prosciutto is compliant - ingredients : pork, salt

cut the rosemary and put that in oil and in the freezer to add to meals. trimmed up the chives, and tyme,  I put the plants in the garage, it will be cold but atleast the roots shouldn't freeze.  This year was the first year that my rosemary did really well.  Years previous - the poor plants didn't live long.  So I am hoping they survive.

Ok off to throw in more laundry and finish the dishes.  Then off to get my grandson for a sleep over. 

wow the days go fast !!   So was compliant all weekend... had a good time with my grandson.   I have kinda forgotten what day I am on.   they tend to run together - and are easier. OOOOHHH except for Sunday - Sunday I decided to make puppy chow for my daughter and grandson to munch on.  :wub:   Man did I want to dig my hands in that bag and coming out with a big ole palmful !..... so that was not a good idea - the smell was killing me !!!  I have decided I will make a small batch with almond butter for me to enjoy.  I will enjoy it and then won't want it again for a long time.

so on my sweet radar is going to be puppy chow - brownies - and pecan pie.  (pie for thanksgiving, brownies for my birthday and puppy chow - whenever) 

so I will count what day I'm on - I like to be ontop of that !!

M1 was egg bake and 2 fried eggs

m2 was shephards pie

m3 is going to be a burger and asparagus.

tomorrow night will be a bit difficult - running an errand at 5 so we will be out and about during dinner hours.  I will have a mini meal at my last break so that will hold me over until we get home.

i want a peanut butter sandwich, grilled cheese  or toast !   all of which I have not had in years !!    oh a big bowl of something sweet.. like ice cream - brownies - cake !  auggghhhh   oh and I am very crabby !  Thanks Whole 30 !     

I guess I will stick with a salad for dinner tonight !!

The days go by so quickly - bought myself a huge porterhouse steak on Friday- it was very yummy ~ big enough for 3 meals.   The last of it will be in a salad for lunch tomorrow.

Today I have baked some eggs (in a muffin tin- easy peasy),  have a pot of chicken broth going - I save veggies, (like cauliflower / broccoli stems, ends of asparagus,  throw celery in the freezer before it goes to total mush)   a chicken carcass, onion, carrots, garlic, rosemary, parts of an apple.  It smells de-vine !

Can't wait until I get my Insta Pot pressure cooker - then I can make it in just minimal time vs all day (although all day cooking makes my house smell so good !)

This weekend has been pretty meh- worked 2 hrs of OT yesterday... organized my bedroom while watching Game of Thrones, watched Jurassic World with my daughter.  Today watching Thor - cleaning up the living room.  Pulled up my carrots that I had grown in a container (they were small because I was lazy and didn't thin them -)  Got a container full of bite size carrots !!  Next summer I will thin them !

Have to take stock of food in the freezer - need to decide on what to make for dinners....  I'm tired of cooking.

Off to make a menu - or try to

Please tell me you are watching old Game of Thrones!! I cut out HBO until whenever the new season starts.

I was reading through your entries and didn't realize that I was "liking" posts from a year ago.  ^_^ Oh well.

Where are you on this W30? I just finished Day 16 and have managed to be compliant through company, restaurants and other exciting adventures.

I understand that you are tired of cooking! I am so excited to have some leftovers that I may only cook once this week-----and make MORE leftovers. God bless my husband for liking leftovers! When you get your pressure cooker you should post a picture of you and it and something going in! 

So far I feel pretty good through this W30. The tiredness has left. I was very stressed last week, but that was not food related. I slowed down, watched Hallmark movies and finished a cross stitch gift for my twin baby granddaughters. Lovely. Drank tea, Natural Calm, and kombucha in a wine glass while working on it. Good times.

I'm not exercising as much as I hoped. I still walk 4 - 12 miles a week, usually. But I have been avoiding the gym and the trainer. Clothes are fitting better, but there is still improvement necessary. I have to do more..and be more patient. Darn!

Today's meals:

B: 2 eggs, 1/3 c. mashed sweet potato, mandarin orange

L: 2 salmon patties, 1 c. brussell sprouts, handful of almonds

D: filet, broccoli, string beans, club soda, black coffee.

Tomorrow I have a 6:30 pm meeting, so I know it's a reprise of the Beef Chili from Friday. An 8:00 am meeting probably means scrambled eggs and out the door. Maybe an orange. I love peeling those babies! I have one small hamburger left in the freezer, so that might be lunch. Or leftover pork roast. That would be faster! 

I'll catch up with you during the week!

Hi ~  Today was my day off = work Saturday.   I had a hair appt, dentist appt, and took fried eggs and carrots for snacking until I could get home.

Yes I am watching Game of Thrones !  I'm am addicted...  I rented season 3  (on the last disc now) and I will rent season 4 over Thanksgiving break !

I am now on Day 16 !  Funny that you like some posts from a year ago !  Can you believe that we have been living like this for over a year ????

Today I threw some chicken thighs in a the crockpot w/ onions/peppers and some Mexican seasonings.  so came home and ate some wrapped in lettuce with some guac.  it was delish -    

Never did get to make a menu - I'm winging it by the seat of my pants.  I also like leftovers - but don't have any in the freezer. ( oh yes I have some salmon from the other night)  I have thawed gr beef out - thought I might make the liver meatloat - I do like liver, however the thought of grinding it up for the loat - makes me cringe.  (maybe I can make a mini loaf )  I also saw a recipe for crockpot Salisbury steak - that looked pretty darn good too.    Also contemplating on making something with the shrimp ...was watching   The Chew and they made shrimp burgers ,,,that also looked pretty darn good.  However I keep forgetting to take the shrimp out of the freezer.

Well off for the night

I'm working through leftovers. Got tired of cooking and wanted an inexpensive week as we approach Thanksgiving week. Tonight was almost the end of the Beef Chili I made when we had company that didn't show up for dinner. I made my husband refrigerator rolls and he was happy! I had club soda while he drank a glass of wine. I did eat some dried apricots when the Halloween candy was shouting at me. Hubs isn't eating that fast enough.

So:

B: 2 scrambled eggs, orange

L: apple and almonds (feeling full, but Natural Calm to the rescue)

D: Chili

I need to go to the store but don't have time tomorrow or Friday. AAUGH. Luckily I have salmon and chicken and a roast and hamburger in the freezer. 

How are your headaches, Tina? I was thinking of you when we were out on our anniversary dinner and a triangle-ish aura was shining on my husband's face. I popped my bufferin and it went away before the headache started. But weird! It had been a nice day after a very stressful week. How are yours?

Crazy day! Today was one of those days that I'm glad my children and grandchildren do not live in town. I could not manage anyone else needing my help. But the day has ended and I have stayed compliant.

Boy, this W30 has gone quickly. Tomorrow is D21.

Hope all is well with you!

Going to limp to bed now.

Good evening - work has been so busy - so the last thing I wanted was to get on this computer and log....  I also got a very short notice that I have to move my camper from my daughters so I was bustin my butt trying to get my garage organized enough to fit it in there.

so I bailed on the whole 30. today - I have been having more headaches and also some stomach issues - and stress - I don't feel bad about it - I did my share of Official w30's... so this was a whole 24.    yeah  only 6 more days.   my initial reason for this 30 was the bloaty feeling, and sore feet   both of which are gone.. so mission accomplished.   I am of course still eating whole 30 - I have learned over the course of a year - how I should eat - and I'm doing pretty darn good.

Mary - instead of an aura I get a 'smell'   which is odd - but that is how it has always been - since my very first migraine.  It is the weirdest thing -  I thought everyone smelled it the first time it happened to me.  so I've been 'smelling' a migraine for the last few days  Chiro helps a lot. 

Hope you are doing well.

Archived