More Changes to Come

Tina Marie

Helllloooo peeps

have been doing fine - weighed myself and lost 4 lbs in the last 24 days... so that is nice finally broke out of the 170's !   happy with the results of no bloating/sore tummy/feet.   

back to eating whole until Thanksgiving - looking forward to having my pecan pie

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

enjoyed a glass of wine tonight - well ok  I drank a glass of wine -  I should have bought my all time fav, but decided on my cheap go to Barefoot Moscato -  used to really like it -  now   not so much.   

so nothing new for me - that's all folks

wow - December all ready !!   Had a good thanksgiving - wish I could eat like that every day !!   I was going to buy myself a turkey - (my mom made the one for Thanksgiving) but some how had totally forgotten, I'm sure the stores have sent all of them back from where they came from !

made roasted veggies w/ a balsamic vinager dressing for my dish - it was good... ate the left overs at breakfast the next day.

getting bored again with my foods -  need to step back and look for something new.  Borrowed Nom Nom Paleo cook book from the library- hope that gives me some inspiration.

hope that everyone else had a good Thanksgiving

made it another day in crazy land  baahaahaa...  got some of my Christmas cards made - and have about 10-15 more to go.  Yah me - for putting more work on myself.

I made my pecan pie - and it is pretty darn good.  ( I wonder if it would freeze... ) I think I may have to find the rest of the pie a new home so I don't eat it all !!

Wow - can't believe that Dec is almost to the middle of the month already -  time goes so fast.

I am so looking forward to having a week off for Christmas -  these calls that I take every day are getting to me - customer service is a hard job - !!!

Going out for dinner tonight - so that will be nice.  I think a big juicy burger is in order.... with some waffle fries !  and maybe some sour cream with those fries !

anyway -  once I get there I will probably order sensibly -  went out for dinner for my daughters graduation, had baked haddock and veggies. and a salad. it was good but my stomach still got a bit upset because the fish came out - soak in clarified butter (better than straight butter) but I usually do not eat that.   I forgot to ask them if the fish came with that.

Still trying to eat with in guidelines, but I have run out of veggies to eat with breakfast !   I forgot that I had cauliflower riced... which I like with my eggs.  I will be making the bisquits with that - which I love with every meal.  (just need to actually make it )

well all you happy unicorns - I should actually do some work

• 4 weeks later...

Good Morning 2016 !!!

I can't believe that I have not posted since Dec 10th.... one reason - they took away - ok  limited on line access to us from work.  So no posting during the work day unless I have my laptop.  So ~ getting on my laptop after work is one of the last things I want to do.

so to sum up my Dec - I enjoyed the month - had some pecan pie, chocolate birthday cake - dips - chips and cheese and all the stuff we know isn't good for us.

I do not have the sore belly that I had in Nov - or the achey feet.... However - I still want to do another whole - something.  Time to get back to what I know works for me.

so I have to get some veggies in the house - as that is one thing I slipped away from... not eating enough veggies. Money has been tight - due to Christmas- but I have to start making good food a priority again.  and getting some stretching or yoga or both in my day.  I have found another plank challenge that I am going to do as well.  Since losing weight - flappy skin is becoming an issue - and I don't want to have to hide my self under clothes - so that is a goal - to get my arms and what not into better condition.

Off to do laundry - and get my house in shape before my 10 hr work day tomorrow.

Where the hell did 5 days go ??? !!   I can't believe it is Friday already. So    weighed my self 173.8 on Tues morning.....  yesterday I was able to drink tea -  plain.  that is my clue when i'm getting over the sugar dragon - when I can drink my tea plain and I like it.    If I don't wait a few days - then I just want sugar in it. 

Has been a busy week... OT and just plain busy

Made a roast last night - shared it with my friend - and only have enough for 1 more meal...  but I have some wonderful gravy left and will be eating that with some cabbage and gr beef tonight or tomorrow morning....

Need more groceries -  I so do not like to go grocery shopping.

• 2 weeks later...

So I have not been successful with doing anything Whole .......   but I want to -  I am doing a mind reset - so I can get this going.  I know that I need to get some exercising in -  I am just plain lazy.  I need to get back to posting - but I am tired of posting....I miss my friends that had been on this post with me - it is kinda lonely out here ~just talking to myself.   So  I guess I am just feeling bummed.

I have kept at least 2 meals a day compliant, if not all 3- but then would have some chips, or a frosted saltine cracker, or a cracker.   So I am NOT being horrible - but I really wanted to do a whole 30... so I have to rethink it and get on the wagon.  Something is holding me back -  maybe some meditation - will help me figure it out.

Out for the night

Today I did pretty good.... I had a few tortilla chips with salsa - was hungry for crunch - so I caved... BUT  I did not buy the chocolate frosted brownies that I really really really wanted.  So that is a success in my book !   I had a nice steak for dinner with some fried cauliflower, cabbage, broccoli slaw and some shredded carrots.  and that was topped with Almost Alma sauce.  Very yummy.

Tomorrow will be a repeat of today...  eggs and shredded something or other... a salad for lunch and not sure about dinner.

have prosciutto to make some egg muffins but haven't gotten around to doing that yet.  I need to get some broccoli out of the freezer to add to the muffins.

I am off Friday so I think that I will make those then.

• 2 weeks later...

Feb 1st... have been doing ok - my neck & shoulders are killing me -  have gone to the back snapper - he helped a lot...  I'm also trying really hard to correct my posture.  I've been to a physical therapist years ago for shoulder issues, and then again a year ago - and they gave me exercises to work on... and I keep forgetting.  I came across the pictures/instructions and have decided to put them in some plastic protectors and leave them out so I can start doing them - religiously.     I am also going to go back to yoga - starting Wednesday.

I had some pizza tonight, haven't had pizza in 3 weeks so that is a good thing...  did go out for lunch and dinner over the weekend.  But made the best choices I could.   Also I have not bought or made any brownies !!!

I just made a few meat muffins to help keep me in line,... pork, baked butternut squash and mushrooms.  Also baked some sweet potatoes, for a veggie option and to make some sw potato soup.   Tomorrow will be making Mulligatawny Stew from Well Fed 2...  it was soooo good the last time.

OK  the dog wants to go out - and I have to take my meat muffins out of the muffin tin.  So later peeps

Whole30.. a true 30 is commencing today -  I am feeling bloated - out of sorts.

M1-2-3 today have all been the same - roasted chicken parts and a sw potato.  Living outside the box today !!  Snacked on 1 apple, handful of cashews, 1 banana w/ almond butter.

I need to get some gr beef and gr pork for meatballs... my staple to help get through -  I have some gr beef but it is not good = meaning it is not a gr chuck  maybe a 70/30 mix.  It would be good for sloppy joes or something like that.  But not my meatballs.

OOOHHH  I got my Insta Pot pressure cooker and can't wait to use it !!!  There is a roast in my freezer - just waiting for me to cook it.  I'm excited because I should be able to cook all the squash /sw potatoes/baked potatoes all in this pot and not have to heat up my oven and cook for hrs !   Did I say how excited I am ??? !!

tomorrow I think a big salad will be in order - love me some salad !  I bought a beautiful bowl for my salads..... as none of my bowls were big enough - or pretty.

I have booked my flight to FL for June - a bit scary - my first ever vacation on my own - without my children.   5 days of beaches, relaxing in the pool or the ocean - sleeping in if I want...  or not.  No one to have to fend for   ~  What will I do !!   LOL  It will be the same week that I went to FL last year.  I handled last years trip pretty darn well, so not too worried about falling off the truck this time around either.  My friend that is going is also Paleo - and another that is going - I will convert !!  LOL

Ok   will check in tomorrow

#2 -  ok  wt yesterday was 173.x  (don't remember the x ) so 173 is close enough.  I had gotten down to 168 with my last '30' only got to day 26.

M1 was gr beef - with sauted cabbage,  a bit of broth and coconut milk and a bit of left over scrambled eggs that my daughter didn't eat.
m2 - last of the roast chicken and sw potato

m3  - a burger, topped with a fried egg  and a big old salad  (note to self -  prefer the egg in my salad )

snacks - apple and banana.   and had the banana in the afternoon since I was hitting a very low spot and was very tired... no coffee, so thought maybe a bit of natural sugar would help bring me up out of the slump...  and it worked.

so the pressure cooker is sitting on my table waiting for me to do the initial test (per the book) to make sure it is all working correctly.  However I have never used one before - so honestly - how will I know if what it does is correct ??  LOL  Have been looking up recipes and can't wait to put this baby to the test !

so have failed at exercising - yoga is tomorrow... I MUST get to doing some weights-  I MUST get motivated.

peace out until tomorrow.

M1 gr pork w/ cabbage bowl
M2 gr beef w/ home made spaghetti sauce with zucchini noodles

m3  sauted sw potatoes, cut up zucchini with 3 fried eggs... with an apple.   snack  1 medium size carrot, a palmful ( maybe not even that much) of almonds

Had some terrible stomach issues after lunch - not entirely sure what from.  Used almost my entire break in the restroom.   TMI  but really no one else reads this - decided I would put it here incase I have another day of issues.

Went to yoga tonight, it feels so wonderful to stretch things out.....  my hip is even getting a bit better after only 2 classes.  I am going to bring my weights into my "office" while working - and start doing them while I'm sitting there waiting for phone calls.  I might even get in more than I think I will because I will be distracted.

Did my test with the pressure cooker !  I need to pull the roast out so I can get on with making food.

My other desire is a Soda Stream -  trying to find the cheapest place to buy one.  I have to always research things to death before buying.... I will post what happens with that.  I decided to get one because I like my La Croix  and Brooke likes a seltzer with juice. 

Ok off to do some deep couch sittin.

M1  3 fried eggs and sw potato

M2  burger, carrots, avocado and salsa

M3.....   not sure -  I made some chicken broth in my Insta Pot !  (YUUUUMMMMM) so I had a cup of that, will have chicken sausage.. and probably some carrot sticks because I don't have anything else for veggies that I want.

So as I said  ~chicken broth in the insta pot - omg  I love it.  No reduction of the liquids - what I put in is what I got out of it.  It was a deep yellow - smelled outrageous.  I used 1 carcass, carrots, onions, the stem and leaves of my head of cauliflower, the tough ends from frozen asparagus, some green onions, garlic. Seasoning was salt /pepper/rosemary/thyme/marjarom.     I kept 2 cups of the broth in the pot and added some cauliflower to make cauliflower soup.   A friend made it for me - with water and it was delish so I am sure with chicken broth - it will be very delish !! 

I have a roast sitting on the counter thawing....  that will be my Valentines meal for my boyfriend -  he doesn't get home cooked meals very often -  he cooks but it just the basics...   although he can make a mean crock pot meal.  I saw a recipe that I thought I might like from Nom Nom Paleo  has a coffee rub, and coffee and balsamic sauce.  I think it calls for figs - which I believe I am fresh out of !!   (LOL - never had any !)

so today was pretty busy at work - so no weights were lifted.   I felt so good after yoga last night

Ok  off to watch Greys

M1 -  3 fried eggs over fried cauliflower, broccoli slaw, onion

M2 - bowl of cauliflower soup and 2 hard boiled eggs  -   a very slim lunch but didn't want anything more than that.

M3 - meat sauce of gr beef, tomato sauce and another cup of cauliflower soup.

snack was some pineapple

Cut up roast and got the rub on it - that is in the fridge waiting for tomorrow. Today was busy again ... no weights but did a bit of walking.. not enough to be called exercise I suppose.

My kitchen is a mess - and I need to get going but my couch feels really nice !!      

Booked my rental car -  being a Costco member certainly paid off there !!  $68 for the week !!  for a Full size SUV ....  No not even kidding !  that is 1/2 of what my employee discount would have given.   Now just have to pay for the condo and trip will be all taken care of - ok not the food and meals out - but that is incidental.  Whoot  Whoot - just wish I was actually go - like this week.

It will be another freezing week - here in the tundra - that makes life miserable.. but oh so thankful that I do not have to drive to work !

"Believe and you will Achieve"

#6  (yesterday)
M1   2 hard boiled eggs, and something else

M2 - 2 veggie burgers

M3  was the Meal of the Day !   Made the mocha roast - and it was DE-VINE  Made it in my Insta Pot -  35 mins plus 20 mins cool down time.  I also made potatoes in it, and mashed them.  Also made roasted carrots and brussel sprouts.

Relaxed and watched a movie with the bf, so it was a very good day.

m1 fried eggs w/ fried potatoes

M2  roast and potatoes
M3  salad w/ chicken.

M1  3 fried eggs w/ cauliflower, cabbage and broccoli slaw
M2  left fried slaw stuff as above w/ roast
M3  burger, sweet potato, avocado & salsa

snack of apple, pear (canned)

Today was another busy day - trying to distract myself from the food I really want !!   

I'm not in a chipper mood - but will try to get my self out of this funk .....     Still lookin for more recipes for my pressure cooker.  still excited

ok  crabby daughter on the horizon - so I am off

#9 #10   both compliant - meals about the same... so no surprises there.

#10   I want chips -  lots of chips and something to dip them in...........  Chips   please  CHIPSSSSS

we will see how long I can keep those chips at bay.   This weekend I have my team get together - going out to eat  ~ not even worried.  Have been to this restaurant many times.  I will be getting a steak w/ sw potato and a veggie. and it will be Delish !  and the best part... I don't have to cook it  !!!  whoot whoot

Stopped the whole 30.....  I just stopped - I went to day #11.  Then had a pizza cuz I had nothing prepared so therefore nothing for me to eat.  And whose fault - no one... except me- bad planning on my part.  I will go back to the compliant way of things - tomorrow because today I ate a chocolate chip muffin.  other than the muffin - the rest of my food was compliant - 100 % at that.  Darn muffin !!!

I made some prosciutto wrapped egg muffins for a brunch I went to yesterday - and my friends loved them - they were very surprised that they were compliant. made them with home made pork sausage, broccoli, onion, peppers,  pretty darn tasty. 

Also cooked up some pork chops in my Instant Pot - wow - I love that thing.  35 mins to perfect chops.  Made some meatballs (ok really meat muffins cuz I was too lazy and my back hurt to bother with rolling into balls).... those were gr pork. sw potato, shredded zucchini.  - those are yummy too.

Today - had left over steak and roasted veggies from dinner on Saturday, for breakfast.  Sweet potato and pork chop for lunch.  Oh  darn  I just remember I ate the last spoonful of potato salad.    M3.... not really hungry so not sure if I will eat anything

My back and neck have been very bad lately - so went to the chiro today - and will miss yoga on Wed to go back.  I have to get a handle on this - as it was very painful for the last few days and I know only multiple follow ups with back snapper will be the best.

I am totally rambling - so I guess I will sign off  Night universe

• 1 month later...

wow - where has 31 days gone to ????     Can't believe it is Easter this weekend....and that we got a pretty darn good snow storm Yesterday !! yup  yesterday - snow .. actually turned into a blizzard warning. 

Weighed myself on Monday  - up 4 lbs  like in a few days time.  so back to the grind -  I am bloated, feet hurt  and man the stomach hurts when the cat stands on it granted he is close to 20lbs !!  I'm gonna browse recipes to see if I can find anything new and interesting....   My friend bought America's Test Kitchen Paleo cookbook and it has a recipe to make Hummus - without the beans. ! I'm so excited ... a sweet potato one and one with egg plant  I guess they call  it Baba Ghanoush.  I like dips and I must find a replacement for dairy based dips, for those days that I just want to have some.

I am thankful every day that I came across this whole30 because it has changed my life dramatically.

I did some exercises -  baby steps ! Now I have to remember to do them every day.  My vacation to FL will be my motivation, I want to be able to enjoy my food without worrying that I have gone over board.   I went to FL last year and GA to - ends up it is the same time too.  and I did just fine - over the course of a 2 week vacation I only gained 2lbs and then lost that almost immediately.

If anyone is reading this - and you have good dip ideas - please feel free to share.

Ok  out to browse

Found some recipes for dips - mostly on pinterest..   there was a dip that a lady made out of sw.potatoes to mimic nacho cheese dip - got lots of good reviews.  it has nutritional yeast in it - (I guess that gives it the cheesy flavor ?) I am going to try it.  I really want to stay away from the cheese and it is tastes like the reviews say - I will be 1 happy camper.   Also found cauliflower hummus (not sure how it isn't ..soggy. because you steam it -)  but I am trying that too as I always have cauliflower on hand.  Although I think roasted cauliflower may taste a bit better.  So a taste testing is going to be in the works... maybe today.  1/2 roast and 1/2 steamed.

I have been using my pressure cooker for lots of things - steamed veggies for sure so that will be easy enough.  Then I will leave the cauliflower 'water' in the pot and make a pot of chicken broth.  The chicken broth made with the pressure cooker is amazing - and no evaporation of the liquids- so what you put in - is what you get !  I have made ribs with pomegranate maple syrup sauce (www.paleomg.com- yes it is on her site ... so no pirating) and that was de-lish !!!

Pork chops - perfect. 

Today is a day I am hopefully getting stuff done around the house - need to do some purging ..... and organizing and I MUST get the extra shelf up in the closet.   Why do apt complexes always assume everyone is 5'8" +   !!  too tall for me and also there is a bunch of wasted space between the shelves. 

Ok  I feel like I am just rambling........

• 2 weeks later...

well  I got that darn shelf up !!!  and bought some totes to get stuff up and out of the way..  I used to keep all winter coats/and such in a big tote -but I do not have room for a big tote, so boots up in the closet on the very top shelve -coats staying in the closet and now hats/scarves/mittens in a smaller tote in the laundry area up on the tippy top shelf.  I got a shelf extender thingy so I can stack stuff on top of that so then I can utilize the entire area all the way up to the ceiling if needed.

Made ribs again in my pressure cooker - again - De-lish !!!

The weather here has been whacked !! yesterday it snowed all beat hell - then sun came out - melted all that snow - then it snowed/hailed again with terrible winds -  then out came the sun.

Today was a much calmer day !  I hope spring decides to stay.

ok   night universe

OK   Went to a goat farm on Sunday - tried milk... ice cream... cream... cheese.  it was all tasty-  but unfortunately - had sugar overload that day ...gained 3 lbs in 1 day !!!   3 lbs -  3   stinkin pounds !!!   I had 2 homemade chocolate chip cookies - thank you Mom.  Brooke made some sugar cookies and topped them with frosting (canned - brooke wanted to be able to decorate them...and it was super sweet !)  the ice cream. and I think there was something else in there.

OMG    I can't believe it -   Ok I'm done   I was down a pound wed... but tonight I had some pizza.   I did make meatballs, made with butternut squash, got stocked up on more veggies.  I have a recipe for butternut squash sauce to go on zoodles... that is for dinner 1 of these nights.   Got salad stuff.   I got some fresh eggs, so I will make some mayo - and have some butter to make clarified butter.   Gotta get back on schedule - I have not fallen far off the wagon.   More like a slip -  1 foot still on the running board.

Peace out

Archived