More Changes to Come

Tina Marie

Oh happy day !! It has been snowing all day !!   all stinkin day ..... can't believe it - it is April for cryin out loud !!

I had a bit of apple pie - about 1/2 a glass... then I had crackers (townhouse)and some cheese spread....  I am trying to be compliant, really am trying.

I have made a decision today - to stop seeing my 'boyfriend'.... he just is not able to give me the time that I am requesting -requiring.  I won't make him decide between me and his son, but I do expect to be given some time.  and I will Not Beg for his time either.  So hence the drinking and eating.  I have to admit that I could have done so much worse - but did manage to keep it reined in.

So today - m1 was 3 eggs with friend zucchini and mushrooms

M2 was a delish salad - with 2 hard boiled eggs, some steak and all sorts of veggies

M3 - wasn't a meal - had a meatball, leftover ribs, and 2 whole raw carrots.

I work tomorrow so we will see how tomorrow goes... I am shooting for better than today.  I wish that I had some friends that were eating the same as me - would make this so much easier - anyway - i'm whinning again

so better tomorrow -

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so my story gets better -  I decided to stop seeing my 'boyfriend'.... I didn't feel very much like a girlfriend - so I ended it.  The sad part is he is a good guy.. treated me just fine- but he has a 17yr old son that comes BEFORE absolutely everything.  Which I wouldn't interfere with - I just want to have some time as well.  I got cancelled on so he could start his "boys" weekend early.  I never knew there was a boys weekend planned - until that weekend. When he had to cancel our plans. I feel I deserve to get some time as well - I wasn't even important enough for him to put my days off on his calendar... so when I was off - he acted offended that I didn't tell him - but I had and it never made it to his calendar.

and that very day - (actually with in an hour of telling him)  my transmission went on my truck....  and it will cost $4k to fix... and I still have a loan on it.  The first time I have had a loan in years -decided to buy a new car (with a loan) so that I wouldn't get nickel and dimed....  last year the radiator and water pump (this same time of year)  and now the stupid transmission.

Ok  -  I am done with this day  !!!

• 2 weeks later...

I am ABSOLUTELY doing a true whole 30... I thought today would be the day - but I forgot that I made shephard's pie and unfortunately it had corn in it.  Everything else has been compliant.  I tried hard to not snack... I ate an apple after dinner - because I wanted crunchy chips -  so I didn't have the chips so score 1 for Tina. 

I have 1 and 1/2 months until my vacation ~ and I need to get rid of this weight that has slowly put itself on my butt !! 

I have made the shelf in the cupboard that has all the snacks off limit to my self... I actually try to not look at that shelf IF I have to open that cupboard.  OH  better idea - take out my few things - almonds, chai tea and put them in a different spot.  That would be an easier thing. 

I will be checking in every day - cuz obviously that works for me.  I have to get control again.

I have been walking whenever I can.. did 2 miles on Sunday - and yesterday my car was ready and then I had a church class so couldn't walk.  Today was ortho appt for my daughter and a hair appt and it was COLD -  I will be so happy when it finally is warm and stays that way !

tomorrow - peace out

Ok  - so wanted to finish my grandson's cheese pizza -  badly -  so I made a cup of chai tea with coconut milk and blitzed in my magic bullet and it turned all frothy and de-lish....  That will be how I make my tea in the future !!   made me think of coffee house -tea.  So that made me feel better.

m1 was diced zucchini and mushrooms/onions w/ 3 over easy eggs

m2 was a big salad with chicken -  dressing was a home made ranch - totally compliant as it was in Whole 30 book.  and it is very tasty !

M3 - no clue at this time -   I have 1/2 a roasted chicken that needs to be eaten....  maybe will keep it simple and have it with asparagus.

made it through today - yahhh Tina
m1 was leftover roasted veggies (rutabaga, turnip, potato, onion ) w/ 3 over easy eggs

m2 was chicken with sw potato and broccoli
m3 will be brats, with avocado, tomatoes and asparagus
snacks were almonds, jicama and leftover tuna salad from last night.

trying   to   not  eat  Nachos..................   I want nachos.  I tried Jicama with salsa  (for the crunch) but it just wasn't it.

Have no meat thawed out - except the roasted chicken  which I have been eating all week - and I do not want any more chicken !!!  am really procrastinating on going to the grocery store - really don't want to - but really need to

augh - ok later

• 2 weeks later...

wow - where does the time go ???

I haven't been good - I know I know   lost my mojo.  Tomorrow is a new day - have been stressing about my car - 'paying' everyone back who has helped me... taking them out to dinner - or lunch  or making them food at my house.  Have been trying to make the best choices - but it certainly is not 100% compliant.  So tomorrow is a new day.. Day 1 -  and I will make it  - even if I only count 1 day at a time.

day 1-  m1 fried potatoes and 2 fried eggs, m2 salad w/ roasted chicken, m3 was meatball -meat muffin - whatever. (sw potatoes, onion, garlic, spinach) was not very hungry ..oh and a chicken leg.  then had a fruit smoothie - spinach, banana slice, strawberry and coconut milk...   jicama and some almonds for snacks

I had taken some potato chips out of the bag .... and then realized what I was doing - they went right back into the bag.

Wish I had someone to crab to, whine to, and ...  so I guess that is why I post out here.. No one else really understands

hello another day ~  1 - meat muffins.. (had a hair apt - so no time for anything else)  m2 - my friend took me to lunch - got a veggie omelette.  Tonight - who knows  but I think it will be a salad.

Today was running errands, cleaning my bedroom and just not working - and that is nice all on its own.  People don't know how stressful it is to be a customer service rep - taking calls all day - dealing with happy people and of course - crabby people - people who just aren't happy unless they are making other people as miserable as they are.  I just needed a mental day.

I'm off to get a price on a tattoo that I have finally decided on - if I can handle it !!

may 17 - I wish the silly weather would get better ~ so tired of cold   I want HOT HOT HOT...   that would be why I am headed to FL in almost 30 days !I can't wait.  So excited !!!   I wanted to find a cute shirt to bring with me to FL but decided I can wear what I have - and be happy with that.  Unless of course I can find something I love.

I have been trying to be good -  went shopping over the weekend - had good intentions...  but my friend bought some dark chocolate pistachios with toffee in the middle.  Talk about sugar overload !  I managed to keep it in check ~ had a salad for lunch, and Mexican for dinner.  Ended up with eating only about 1/2 of the tortilla because the filling kept falling out ~ and I didn't order any cheese. so pretty darn good for that days eating.

I got to finally check out Trader Joes !  got some tomato paste in the tube for an excellent price... also a cider to try.  

Any way  that it about all that is interesting in my world ~  so I guess I'm out of here

• 2 weeks later...

practice day 1 -  was suppose to be DAY 1  but I ate a cookie -  BUT  today I made potato salad with mayo I just made, have a bit of mayo left over to make some tuna salad.   I love a good potato salad and now that it is finally warm and feeling like summer ~  time to have some in the fridge. Then I will not be temped by the deli option.  Also made some breakfast egg muffins - with onion, pepper, broccoli and spinach.  Taking a bit of a break (feet are killing me - hence another whole 30)  then I will clean some home grown spinach/lettuce and have that ready for easy lunches.  also will shred some carrots, cut up cucumbers -  Have a dozen boiled eggs also ready to go for egg salad or on my lettuce salad.   The only thing that I have not done - cooked any protein.

today weight 182,8 - sad - but I am going to complete this whole 30 before my vacation - I leave June 20.  This weekend I indulged, a doughnut (ok 2), shrimp dip, tortilla chips.  I also had a mixed drink.  also nachos.  So I didn't go over board ~  but definitely no the best for me.

ok  - enough sitting off to do some laundry - do the dishes and then back to more food prep.

day 1 -  m1 was cabbage garbage bowl.. cabbage and left over taco meat w/ some coconut milk,  m2 was leftover steak, broccoli and sw potato.  ate a snack of 2 egg muffins and a spoonful of potato salad.  m3 more potato salad, and a salad.  I have no protein except eggs, and I don't want to go to the store again.  I do have more chicken in the freezer but have been eating chicken for over a week now   Time to go freezer diving.  There maybe some fish in there, or I hope there is  some fish

I want to eat something - anything but what is compliant.  I almost had some of my daughters pizza rolls -doritoes- anything.  But I am here writing instead of eating......  I can do this .!  I must do it - because I have too.

Last night I was in agony... not sure if it my hip issue or an issue with what I ate yesterday.  My doctor says it is just muscle issues and said that I should go to PT, but the pain runs from my hip down to my knee.  it was so bad it woke me up last night,  and I really don't want to go back to pain pills or aleve.  I have been taking Tylenol and don't want to do that more than I need to.

I'm gonna go surf the forum for inspiration

Ok - day 1 (yesterday ) was good....  Day 2 - also Good   m1  was 3 eggs over potatoes/sw potatoes,  m2 was a salad M3 was salmon patties, and potato salad. I had carrots and almonds for snacks  also both days had a chai tea latte (chai black tea bag w/ coconut milk and blitzed in my magic bullet - soooo yummy)

No bad cravings today - not yet anyway - and it is almost time to go to bed - so I should be able to out last any last minute cravings.

Took 3 Tylenol last night and was able to sleep without pain.  Today is much better - I am not as sore.  Working OT every day this week - and Saturday as well for 2 hrs.  I am not making any plans for the weekend -other than the OT.  I have been doing way too much - for everyone else, and myself.  Even though I wanted to spend time with my friends - it was needed time, but still over book myself ALL the FREAKIN time.    I need to get my house in order for when Grandma comes to stay with my daughter while I am in FL. 

ok - well I am gonna get off this computer now - have been on one all day .

ohhh  just read my post from yesterday -  I only took 2 Tylenol !   and I did not take any last night and only alittle bit of hip pain, totally tolerable

Day 3 was  success as well.  M1 was a brat, left over fried potatoes and 2 large raw carrots,  M2 was another brat and potatoe salad, m3 was gr hamb, tomatoes and zucchini ( all sauted together- yum yum)  had an egg muffin as a snack and a spoonful of almond butter.  also had a chai tea latte.

tomorrow I am meeting with the girls from church at a Mexican restaurant.  Plan is to have a salad, obviously - no sour cream or cheese.  crossing my fingers that the salad will be yummy...... let's hope.  Everything is better with guac !!!

The weather is so nice finally - I have meant to go out and take a walk -  Good intentions - maybe in an hr   I still have to plant carrots, lettuce, basil, spinach.  I also got some cinder blocks to make a pyramid of flowers.... of which I need flowers !  and more dirt - also got rocks to make a rock garden alongside my patio - in the rocks.  Haahaa   my grandson loves playing with the rocks so they really are more for him. ( and then he might stop playing with the neighbors rocks)

ok  later

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi World !     I am alive -  and bound and determined to do a complete Whole 30 ~  I went to FL for Va-kay and it was marvelous !   I did not do too bad with food at all - fruit and a protein for breakfast, salads for lunch and then went out for dinner. Seafood most nights.  I want to get back to a more healthy me -  I am feeling a bit tight in my pants.  I did not have that issue last summer - so time to get back to my old self !  (new self since w30) ,

I have not posted this July -  actually have been on vacation for about 1/2 of the month.   My daughter turned 15 last week, so for her birthday she wants to go to Chicago Art Institute, and then there is a concert this next week in Milwaukee that we have gotten a hotel for.  So there will be some days that I have to work around if I am going to start a 30 on Monday.   Luckily  I know how to pack and keep myself in line ( OK - that sounded ... hmmmm snotty.)    I did the trip last year with no issues and totally compliant so I am FOR CERTAIN (my daughter hates it when I say that)  that I can make this work.

Ok -  I promise that I am going to be good !

Today is Sunday -  wow - I have had quite a crazy past day... my very good friend got in an accident.  A motorcyclist hit her, so very very scary !  Unknown what his condition is - but rumors have it that he is alive - survived surgery.  He was not wearing a helmet (no helmet law here in WI )  she is incredibly shaken - and I am doing what I can to help.  I am loaning her my car for tomorrow -  so I am delaying my official 30 -  I will be as compliant as I can tomorrow -wed.  I will be prepared to start on Thursday.

I can't believe that she is going through this-  my heart aches for her.   I can't do much except to be there whenever she needs.

so nothing else from me - I have lots to contemplate in the next few days

• 1 month later...

Happy Labor Day 2016 !!    2 yrs ago I started on the whole 30 journey !  wow 2 yrs.  I am starting another 1 today.  I know that I have said I would be doing a whole 30 - like 3 times ....  and have never completed it.  I was not all in - and let every little excuse derail me.  which is sad.   Very very sad.  I have been eating pretty much 90% whole 30 for the last year and 1/2 but then allowed myself to be lazy.  That was my downfall.

so I will be back to post meals... and read posts and keep on top on everything.

M1 3 eggs fried over sauted yellow squash and mushrooms.

I will be cooking today - bought a silicone muffin pan - will be making egg muffins -for myself and for my daughter - with school starting muffins make life easier -as well as baked eggs.  I will then have browned pork sausage so I can make cabbage bowls for during the week.  I am also going to make some salads so lunches will be easier.  Mondays I work 10 hr - and dinner will be a bummer if I don't have myself prepared.

I bought 1/4 of a pig so have lots of pork chops - ribs-sausage so that is helpful.

off to clean and do some cooking

M2 was  egg muffin (made with yellow squash, onion, mushrooms and gr pork) some coleslaw,  M3  was salsbury steak, mashed potato, and carrots.  Snacks- yup had snack - had a banana, and watermelon.   I am now thinking watermelon might be on the forbidden list - but haven't had any time to check the book

off to finish dinners dishes - and maybe fall into bed

day 2 -  m1 was 2 egg muffins, m2 was pork roast and roasted veggies, m3 some Salisbury steak, some carrots,  snack was a big carrot, a few almonds- oh and I had a cup of coffee w/ coconut milk and some chocolate (cocoa powder - no sugar added)

I really want the store bought potato salad that I bought for my daughter that is just sitting in the fridge....  I could make my own - but I really don't want to actually make anything.   OH  shoot dang -  I am suppose to go out with my friend tomorrow to Panera bread to celebrate her birthday.  I need to look at their menu - darn it all

hello there world !!   m1 - was a cabbage bowl with left over sausage, cabbage, tomato paste, chicken stock and some coconut milk   m2 was more left over sausage with cooked tomatoes ( so basically meat sauce)  thought I had a zucchini to throw in there but turns out the zucchini is actually a zucchini hybrid - must have cross pollenated with a butternut squash.   So not quick cooking at all, it is in my micro wave right now.  m3  was Panera bread... had veggie soup - and citrus cashew chicken salad with no dressing.  So I was able to find a whole 30 compliant meal so very very happy.   did snack on almods and pea pods.  also had mocha coffee.

Totally forgot to weigh myself - I was at 180.4 last week ( I think) so am hoping that I am that - or even less.  I was up to 185 so very happy to see 180 again.

Tomorrow - is going to be a wing it day...  I will have that squash - maybe for all 3 meals.   I have ground beef too so can whip up a burger pretty quick.  Also have some hard boiled eggs.. so I will be fine til I can get to the grocery store to get some more veggies.

i'm baaaack ~  almost forgot to come and post -i'm a bit tired but here I am.  today weighed myself - 180.6.  so happy that it was not 185 or the 182 it was about 2 weeks ago.

m1 was just fried eggs... (had to do a last minute run to school for my kid - so didn't have time to cook anything)  m2 was left over Salisbury steak and broccoli,  m3 was pork roast and baked potato snacks were almonds, carrot and almond butter.  oh and had another mocha this morning

The squash was a totally fail - it was hard and never really cooked so my guess is that it was a cross with zucchini and a gourd !! so that went into the trash.  tomorrow is going to be a bit rough - I am down to frozen veggies which is not horrible - broccoli and asparagus, and I do have some cauliflower and cabbage so I will survive til Saturday when I can go shopping

Good morning Tuesday !  Have made it through the weekend being compliant the whole time.  cooked my sweet potatoes and butternut squash in my pressure cooker - have those to use as fillers for some meatballs.  as well as making butternut squash patties- which are a nice instead of normal old squash.

Today am going out to have sushi with my cousin.  Will be having sashimi - which I love any way - maybe I will find a salad that I can have as well.

last night was able to walk right by all the desserts that were out for our church meeting...  it smelled delish !  but I stayed strong and walked right by !

I have made cabbage bowls with hamburger or pork sausage, eggs with fried cauliflower,  salad with roasted chicken , pork chops and asparagus.  This morning M1 was pork chop with sw potato.  I think I will browse the forums for some new recipes.....  and maybe make some sauces from wellfed and wellfed2

did I mention - that I had a dream about pizza ... yup pizza and made every excuse to why I could eat it.    Thank goodness it was just a dream !!!

mmmmmm  mmmmm mm    had an great m3 !   made a fajita chicken salad.  and it was D E L I S H !!!    m2  was sashimi - tuna variety.   it was good - so glad I do not feel the need to each sushi all the time....  it is a nice treat.  I actually enjoyed the fajita salad better - yup the salad I made ~ was better.  Go figure.

Tomorrow will be left overs - no clue what but will keep compliant.

Hellllooooo Day 10 !!!  It has been 10 days already and I am nailing it !  

Today my daughter wanted Culver's ~  and I like Culvers  but I did not partake - went home made a potato and had roasted turkey.   Today is a little light on veggies only because I was lazy.  so no real good reason.

I made mayo last night - so tomorrow I am making (or tonight which would be better) coleslaw to go with some compliant hot dogs.  Love slaw and dogs !  also going to make some tuna salad, maybe even a small potato salad.   I will be making some shrimp on zoodles for a dinner or lunch this week..... love that too. 

The pantry is a bit weak - so need to some stocking.. need almond butter, sunflower butter, some jicama (for crunch) and I want to try the sweet potato 'hummus' recipe I seen in the recipe section.  I like to have something to smear on my meats and that might be just the thing. 

ok well  I guess I will go browse

Archived