More Changes to Come

Tina Marie

Good morning ladies

Chrissie you will get there. You were ahead of all of us the first time and inspired us a lot of times.  I wonder if going back and reading your posts there will help you. Using the butter through the night may have been better then suffering or giving into other options. I am sure having these 4 days off will help you plan and prepare. You can only do so much when your working that many hours and are tired.

I find I do better when my eating plan is very strict When I give myself choices I slip up. I have found a way to enjoy my coffee this time.  Not like normal but doable. I put in 1 tbl ghee and 1 tbl really good coconut oil. Then you put it in the blender and blend the heck out of it. It is different then what I cook with.  Very smooth and stays liquified  It is called Bullet proof coffee. It helps with energy throughout your day and you have your morning fats. It is better then it sounds.

I don't know what barbacoa is either.  Aleppo pepper is a chunky red pepper. I guess from Turkey. It has a nice flavor as well as adding a little spice.  I put it on pretty much anything that doesn't have enough flavor for me.

Lorie 8:00 is really late to have to just be starting dinner.  My husband had to wait a couple of times on my first 30 until 7:00 to eat.  We usually eat about 5:00. I would find myself not hungry because I ate lunch to late or not prepared and it took longer  he was a good sport about it. I know what you mean about not knowing if a rotisserie chicken is compliant or not.  I get mine at whole foods and they are just plain. Then I add what I want or dip in compliant barbecue sauce.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good afternoon everyone !   OK  I have to vent - cry- wail - something !!  I think I did myself in with all the snacks and goodies last week... cuz today I really want chips and dip and just about anything...  Chrissie - I feel ya - today has been hard - considered Saying the heck with it.

I  went out for breakfast to meet a gentleman friend.. of course limited options - I had a veggie omelet (not really veggie- had a few mushrooms and a sprinkle of onion and sprinkle of tomatoes) and hash browns.   Then I stopped at the gas station and stood there staring at the soda case...  thinking how good a coke would be at that moment.  Then I went shopping - after shopping stopped at Starbucks for my daughter... again thinking how good a white chocolate mocha would be

I made it home and made a very late lunch - salad with a rotisserie chicken !(LOL) avocado, cukes, spinach and lettuce/tomatoes, and a palmful of pecans.   I  wanted junk so I came on here to type out my craving.....

Today - making more Asian meatballs, baking sw potatoes as I type. Brooke has said Yes to shephards pie, and tater tot casserole.  So making those as well.

Tomorrow - making a stew with chuck roast, parsnips, carrots and turnips..

M3 tonight will be the chicken stew - had lots of sauce left, so I'm going to add more carrots.

Now I must go clean my really really messy kitchen before little man comes over, and then I will just mess it up all over again.

Chrissie - hang in there... we are still here -   each of us hanging on.

Good Afternoon, 

Just caught up on everyone's posts.  Donna you seem to be going the strongest.  I am guessing your lack of coffee is about liking things in your coffee.  I had been afraid to mention the coffee from one of your other post, as I wracked my brain and could not remember I couldn't have coffee.  It is something I so enjoy, the taste, the smell and simply a cozy warm beginning of the day.  The good news though is that I like mine black.  Tina, good for you to have not caved into the Starbucks and soda, and you came to just the right place to wail.  I find such strength knowing we are all in this together and we will hold each other up in our weak moments.  Tina I have to laugh, because when you type sw potatoes, I've been thinking you were making southwest potatoes.  I scoured well fed 1 and well fed 2 for the recipe, now I believe it is just your shorthand for sweet potatoes.  Chrissie, I'm with Donna, butter was not the most horrid thing you could do.  I know how it is in the night shift fog.  I could not do that every day.  To answer your question about barbacoa, it is spicy beef braised with chipotle chilies, garlic, oregano, cumin and cloves.  I just went to Chipotle's website and read through the ingredients of the salad I had from there last night and it looks to be totally compliant, hurray!  It is one of my favorite "fast foods."  I had to look up your courgette-for us that is zucchini, lol.  Chrissie, I have found exploring your world very interesting.

I am working all weekend, and I think I will stop at whole foods on my way home and pick up a couple of things for my 24 hour shift tomorrow.  That way I won't have as much pressure to cook multiple meals when I get home tonight.  I am certainly feeling stronger today, then last night.  I have a little headache, not really sure if it is withdrawal or just a bit of seasonal crude.  There have been so many sick with influenza and GI crude. 

M1 Sausage, sweet potato hash with egg in coconut oil and greens.  M2 Pork, sauerkraut, and greens, with some green beans and a clementine.  M3 Salmon, butternut squash, broccoli rabe with some olive oil.

How I wish we all could just gather for lunch and chat.  I think we would have a lovely afternoon :)

Well this is the next best thing considering our geographic range.  Hope everyone has a good evening.

Hi Everybody 

Well you had a lot of temptations today Tina.  Good job holding off until you got home.  In some ways do you all think doing this a second time is harder then the first.  I was just saying to Doug today that I am constantly cleaning the kitchen because I am always cooking something and messing it up.

Lorie yes the thing with my coffee is what I put in it.  I envy you liking it black.  I am doing better this round. I am using coconut cream which is better then coconut milk. I am also drinking more organic tea. I only have one or two cups of coffee in the morning.

Chrissie maybe your gall bladder issues do have something to do with your cravings.  I can certainly understand why your body would want yogurt to sooth your system.

I am still having issues getting started working out. I don't know what my problem is.  I know how important it is for my brain, bones and heart but I always seem to be to busy to make it a priority.

M 1  2 eggs  bacon sliced tomato and cup of zucchini soup

M 2  3 lettuce leaves w/buffalo chicken and avocado  bowl of zucchini soup

M 3  Asian meat balls w/spaghetti sauce over zoodles  salad w/cukes, beets,green onions, olives, lettuce

'Morning to you all, thank you for your words of support - I really think I would have crumbled without them :)!  Is this harder this time because we feel accountable to each other as well as just ourselves?   If so, perhaps that is no bad thing .  Tina, well done on getting through a really hard day. Have fun messing your kitchen back up with your grandson!

The night shift lapse was not just butter - there was an 'oh well I've blown it' moment when I took a sweet-mince pie too - though I only ate half before binning it.    Yesterday was 99%, bar a piece of cheese that fell into my mouth last night while I was making supper for himself.

Donna, I can take coffee black too, but I do understand how important it is to make something enjoyable, if we are eating out and finish the meal with coffee then I have cream and sugar and it is delicious. if I drank it like that at home I think I would have a serious problem!   I did try adding coconut milk once but couldn't get away with it.   I've tried 'bullet proof' too, but perhaps because my coffee at home is just an instant decaf - it didn't work for me. I'm sure you are getting enough exercise cleaning the kitchen more often!   

Today, I have re-read 'life after the whole30', and slide backs are all part of the process, and appear here today totally in the right place to do a 7.... then another 7  etc. - It may sound daft but that sounds less overwhelming to my frazzled brain.

Lori, I think we would be terrible around a dinner table - we would be so noisy  :D :D! Hope you don't succumb to the bugs at work. 

Today Day1  M1, Eggs and tomatoes fried in coconut oil. M2 soup made with bone broth, loads of veggies and turkey (there is still some lurking around the freezer) M3 The very last shreds of big bird along with carrots potato and buttered  (clarified butter) kale.   Some of the soup blended off to be 'gravy'.  

I have just read an article, supposedly research, where people adding cumin  to their diet lost more weight, I was about to scoot out for some when I checked cumin out elsewhere, it is also a laxative.   Ok, maybe I'll not go overboard then!!!

And on that note, I'm off to tackle the laundry..... 

Good morning. We are having some crazy weather here in Ohio. It was nearly 60 degrees. Raining and very windy. By the time I hauled all my bags in from the parking garage and up three flights of stairs I was dripping in sweat. I actually slept really good last night, just one trip to the bathroom

For me getting back to a whole 30 is both physical and emotional. I really slipped into eating anything the last two weeks and somewhere in my brain I'm having a but it will be my birthday and can't I just have cake! But I do know that the food I've been eating wires my brain to want more and it is only through good eating that those cravings go away. Getting over the hump is the challenge and I'm glad I have all of you to help.

Today M1 mushrooms, onion and asparagus scrambled with 2 eggs and coconut oil. M2 chicken breast, roasted veggies with olive oil and beets and collards tossed in balsamic. M3 salmon, kale and red skin potatoes with olive oil. I have fruit to add to a couple of meals too.

I'm off to see the babies. Have a good day and stay strong!

I am with you - I am thinking the 2nd time is being more difficult.  Chrissie - I read that life after 30 as well.. and I think 7 more sounds much better !!

Currently I have stew cooking on the stove top, Brookes meals made, have to make the meatballs and clean up the living room of all of Preston's toys.

I am having some slight temptations - just minor - I almost poured my self a little shot glass of apple pie..   Almost - but  my brain engaged prior to my hand picking up the bottle.   and I thought "  dam - I can't do that for 30 days "     Not that I really 'want' apple pie - I just saw the bottles.

So I modified the sw (LOL - southwest  :) )potato soup-  I added more potato (which in turn made it thicker) so added more broth.. and now it is just perfect.  I only modified part of the batch - decided I will freeze the other half.

Ginger - where did you get the zucchini soup recipe ?   and your meals sound totally yummy !!

Lori - you sound like you are doing well - very prepared ! 

I didn't weigh myself on Friday - forgot, so tomorrow morning I will do my weight and tonight do my measurements.   Want to have a accurate starting place.

K-  I will check in later - little miss needs computer for homework

Good morning

Well Lorie we are all with you on the Birthday Thing. My friend always takes me to dinner for my BD and she was wondering if we could do it this time.  We decides we will go to a steakhouse. I will have a steak and they have a great salad and they do deep fried sw potaoes.  I will get the sw potato after it's baked plain and before it is deep fried.  I have done that before.  I am not above taking my own ghee and salad dressing.  I won't flaunt it but i will use it.

Tina silky gingered zucchini soup is in Well Fed 2.  I put cooked pork sausage in it and had the last of it for breakfast yesterday.

Thanks to you and Chrissie I made a really good soup for dinner last night.  My husband really liked it.  I knew a friend of mine had made a soup she liked just throwing things together so I decided to kind of go off that and do my own sort of.  I made asian meatball soup to use up the meatballs.  I had some cabbage that was seeing its last days and some carrots, onions and garlic. I used fire roasted tomatoes, cumin and salt and pepper. A pinch of red pepper flakes.  Remember a long time ago Chrissie you said you save your pan juices to use in soups and stews.  After that I started doing that and had about a pint of meat juices in the freezer.  I used 1/2 of that and some chicken bone broth. It turned out really good.

I am off to yoga this morning.  If I pay for the month I will go and my back is crying out for yoga.  M1 sw potato hash  2 eggs,bacon and butternut squash soup.

Have a wonderful day everybody. One day at a time

Way to Go Ginger -  see you can do it !  isn't it fun to make up new recipes !   I like the idea of making a soup out of the meatballs... I have a whole bunch of them now !

I am thinking that the mayo I made is bad.. remember last week when I woke up with terrible problems - ?  well I had a tuna salad on lettuce that night  and yesterday afternoon I ate some chicken with a little slathering of mayo - and in the evening had the same problem again.   That is one reason I am leary of making my own mayo- so I'm not taking any chances and will be tossing the whole lot.

Everything I made yesterday turned out divine !  Stew is sooo yummy and after 2 meals is already almost gone !  I prepared for 2 meals at work - and I think it will be fine,  lunch was stew,  and M3 will be meatballs and asparagus.  M1 was meatballs and sw potatoes.    Had a little bit of a gurgly stomach after eating M1  - sure it is remits of last nights distress.   So far M2 has gone down ok.

It is soooo cold here - today is -35  with the windchill.   kids had to go in 2 hrs late. I had to go in an hr early for OT so I couldn't take her to school, was a little worried about her catching the bus, but she only had to walk up the driveway and maybe wait a bit.  The bus company said they would wait for her if they got there early and she wasn't there yet

so I weighed today - (this scale is different than docs - so I've been going by my work one) 181.  (doc scales said 180)  I haven't been this light since giving birth to my daughter 13 years ago !  ( I was 175 when I had her !)    I'm very happy to see that number and will be very happy is I see the 170's again !

I am back.  Lori always feel comfortable asking me about something.  I am referring to the coffee thing.  I may have a wrong thought about something and need to be informed.  It's funny and nice my coffee is starting to taste better. Never thought I would see that day.  Maybe my taste buds are changing.

When is your BD the 10th or is that Chrissie's?

Tina do you use pastured farm fresh eggs. If not maybe you got a bad egg.  Whole food sells them separately a dollar a piece.  If you had to just for the mayo you get one of those.  Who could afford to buy a dozen.  Crazy.  I made mayo today and used 1/4 c lite olive oil and a cup avocado oil and the ACV

I used the whole egg and it turned out good.  Good consistency and taste. I also use a stick blender and you don't have to drizzle the oil in.  I dump everything in at one time and it thickens right up in a few seconds.

I didn't make the chicken stew yet because I wanted to use up the stuff I put in the meatball soup.  Now I have 2 soups in the fridge so will wait a couple days to make stew.

As I said on the last post I had the zucchini soup for breakfast yesterday. I wanted to have deviled eggs for lunch and it concerns me to eat 4 eggs in a day. Dumb I know but we have been told for years not to over do the eggs.  Its hard to just switch gears. I deviled the yolks with guacamole and had with sugar snap peas and sliced tomato.

The yoga did the trick.  My back feels great.

Just a quick check in. Another on program day. I made zoodles! So easy with my new machine. It is quite fancy. It all goes together so all the parts store in its box. Took me a minute to figure it out. Four different blades. Took me less than a minute to make those noodles. Turns very easy! I love it :)

Today was Casey's last day of break. We mostly just vegged. I was tired as I've been up since 3 am. I had two hard boiled eggs at work, then m1 scrambled eggs with spinach in coconut oil, and clementine. M2 unrolled cabbage rolls. M3 zoodles with ground beef in a pasta sauce. I also had a hand full of nuts this afternoon. I thought I was hungry, but I could have just as easily been tired. Anyway, it did not feel like a bad choice.

Tina hurray on your weigh in. Progress feels so good! Both you and Donna have been cooking up a storm. Donna hurray for your experimenting. And the coffee, really I was just afraid you would tell me I couldn't have it. I did do an elimination program in the past that asked you to get rid of caffeine. I wasn't ready to do it.

Chrissie, it is hard! Some days more than others. I've battled being overweight and letting food feed my happiness and sadness for so many years. This is the first time I've had periods of relief from food cravings. But it seems I got to a point where food wasn't screaming. I want to be there again. I know following this program will get me there.

Ok, I've got to go to bed. Work the next three days. But I didn't want to go to bed without checking in. Forgive me if there are typos. Usually I proof, but I'm just too tired. Night

me again- stomach is most definitely out of sorts... ate M2 and then have had no appetite since, but I did eat some potato soup when I

got home to see if that might soothe it

(I have tried 4 times to add to this post and each time it is not saving what I am typing. )  so I will say good night

Hi all, I'm still here, like you say Donna - one day at a time.  Tina, great weight loss and I hope your tummy settles soon.   Lori, get plenty of catch-up sleep!   I was proud of myself yesterday as we spent 4 hours at hospital while I had another spot on my face biopsied, half an hour of that in the costa coffee shop and I ogled all the food... temptation!  But I resisted and just took a black coffee.  It was so bitter I added a little sweetener. I'm not going to count that as a fail though technically it was, I am more focussing on getting my eating right again, as long as it takes.  And picking up the weight loss again.   So yesterday was compliant apart from the sweetner  incident.   Eggs for brekkies, with tomato, some cooked ham with salad and avocado oil lunch and chicken breast with carrot, cabbage and a little white potato.    No snacking.   I was a little hungry last night but went to bed and slept it off!  

Going to start today with grapefruit and a mushroom omelette, we may be eating out for lunch with friends,  and tonight some home cooked ham and veggies.   Tomorrow we start looking after granddaughter in the afternoon, so I'll have to be preparing in the morning as there will be no taking my eyes off her in the afternoon - she has just found her feet.   I can see me resurrecting the playpen!    

Hope you all can cling on in too :)

Glad to hear from you Chrissie  I am so glad you are not beating yourself up when you go off plan just a little.  You are doing the right thing for yourself to let it go and try to get back on program.  I think it's harder when you are out having to look at temptation like you all have to do.  I am able to stay away from restaurants or cafe's.  The only place I go is my granddaughter's shop and she is on 30 also so that keeps us both honest. I was going to check out the fast food place Lori goes to on the internet and see what they have.  We have one here but I have never been there.

I wonder what is going on with you tummy Tina.  Doesn't sound like food do you think?  hope you are feeling better.  Hard to plan and cook when your stomach is messed up.

Lori I may get one of those machines down the road sometime.  i want to see first how often I make Zoodles.  I have a hand one that I have to hold the zucchini and keep twisting it into the cutter and it is a lot of twisting.  it get's to my wrists and thumbs.

Can yours be used for more things?? That would make it worth the purchase to me if I could do other things with it.

Have a great day.  I appreciate you all.

Today I woke to snowy conditions in Ohio.  Actually no school for all those little bits, unfortunately I still had to head to work.  Would have been nice to pull the covers over my head and pretend I was a bear hibernating.  Managed to get her only a few minutes late, considering the roads.  I am having another busy work day, I will say it makes my day go faster.  So today is day 6 and I feel like I am getting over the hump with cravings.  I like that feeling. 

Tina, I am so sorry you are feeling not so well. It is frustrating when you don't really know the cause.  Hopefully it isn't one of these flu bugs floating about.  I hope you feel well soon!

Donna, I will have to next search to see if I can find a cookbook for the spiral cutter.  I know I have a recipe that is in the book against all grain for butternut squash, and soon I may fix some rutabaga "hash browns".  I can imagine using the cutter to make things to go in the salad.  I will just have to explore.  I think something that helps us get in more vegetables has to be a good investment.

Chrissie, sounds like you have made great progress.  I agree about not beating yourself up for some sweetener.   Hope your facial biopsy turns out well.  Seems there is always something lurking beneath the skin.

Today I have had mostly leftovers of yesterdays meals.  M1 2 hard boiled eggs, bacon and pineapple.  M2 Zoodles, olive oil, and meat sauce, with clementine, M3 unrolled cabbage rolls, a few raw almonds and an apple.

Off to finish up my day, it will be soon time to head home

Hi All...   Man Oh Man - made Brooke a grilled cheese sandwich - had all I could do to NOT eat a piece of cheese... and then after it was done - it smellllllssss so good.  Butter/Cheese and Bread.  None of which I really want.... my nose does !!

cooked up more carrots to add to the chicken stew - and had that for dinner.    Also cooked more root veggies to add the other stew cuz I ate all the veggies from that one too. so I can have that tomorrow at some time.

Chrissie hope that spot is out !  Out Out Damn spot...  I've had a few removed too - but only had to have them frozen. no surgeries.  I hope that you are well.  And I also agree that the sugar bit should not be worried over .... a bowl of ice cream might be a different issue (which is sitting in my freezer and taunts me when I open it)

So -I think I have discovered that extra sugar has been giving me some female issues - which resolved during the initial w30  and just only recently returned - after the pies, brownies ice cream.    So another good reason to indulge very limited in those items.  I will keep that in mind the next time a brownie is calling me.

I was hoping that this turn around - sleeping would be much better... although last night I had a dream...  food dream.   Those are some very real dreams.!   I should keep better record of how many hours I'm getting.  Along with exercise.   This month I cant get to a yoga class - because of new hrs and working Saturdays.  So I have to do something - and I think I mentioned going to work early and working out.  That is my goal to start next week

M1  sw potato soup

M2  stew

M3  chicken stew.  

We will see how the tummy does the rest of the evening goes

Lori there was a cucumber salad on pinterest that used the spiralizer.. that was on my list to try.   I think you can use it on anything !

'morning all :),

It seems we are all settling back to good eating, we must be getting clear of the junk cluttering our brains, Top marks Tina not snaffling a bite of the grilled cheese (we would call it a cheese toasty), that is such a hard food to avoid.   Over here we have a cheese manufacturer who uses that very thing as part of their TV advertising.... close up of the bread browning, the cheese melting and bubbling under the grill..... you really have got to look away.  It's super-comfort food!   I laughed at your 'out damn spot' quote, I never thought of that!   

We're out for a birthday tea for my daughter tonight (her's tomorrow) and the surures look like a little spider on my cheek, so I'll to cover them or everyone will be trying to brush it off!!!  It's in a cosy pub with log fires etc, and the menu is good for me to choose just meat and veggies.

Ah, Lori, my husband is longing for our first snow - it's falling on the highlands and up border country, but we have none yet - when it comes he'll wish it away!   I can understand you wanting five minutes more under the duvet!   We had nothing to get up for and totally slept in an hour this morning.  Now it feels as if we've lost half a morning.  Grandaughter duty this afternoon; back to the hard but joyous work of a little one who is still too young to understand reasoning.

Glad the yoga loosened your back Donna, a bad back really slows us down - speaking for myself that is :).  

I managed to just have a bowl of vegetable soup when out yesterday, totally ignored the half baguette they heaped alongside - it looked dry and unappealing anyhow.   

Today eggs & tomato in coconut oil.   Home made veg soup lunch, and this evening I'll aim for a roast meat and veg.   

Take care all :) 

Hi Ladies -  I am feeling MUCH better today !  last night was still iffy - but this morning the soup and meatballs have not caused any issues.

Chrissie - little ones are so much fun aren't they- especially when they have just found their footing !!   so much for them to explore !

Yes  a grilled cheese  (cheese toasty ) is definitely a comforting food - like mac n cheese (home made of course)    now I find more comfort in ordering a nice steak - med rare !! 

Brooke is now feeling crappy too - so maybe we had a touch of a bug here... one will never know -  I didn't take a chance with the mayo - just tossed it.   

Donna suggested getting a single egg (organic ) and I think my organic store sells them that way.  I used to get farm fresh eggs and checked them all the time for freshness and never gave it a 2nd thought to check store eggs

As for my dog - which I apologize for the TMI - she is still having issues -  I have put a phone call into a vet that I trust for his opinion.  I am struggling with it and need guidance.  With her age - and how she was raised I don't think I can correct it.  Which is really sad because I can't have a dog that has these problems.   Luckily this morning I didn't have to be to work until 10:30 so I had time to deal with it.  Ever so frustrating.

M2 today will be stew

M3  maybe a salad I have not had any greens in a few days

will check in later

Well urges are not all gone, but I limped by and stuck in to a successful day. Made myself a cup of cinnamon tea and that helped between meals. I feel full at meals but sometimes they just don't hold me til the next meal.

Bitter cold here, only 3 degrees on my way out of work, plus the wind chill takes it down to -15. School is canceled here tomorrow as it is expected to drop below zero and the wind will make it worse. Going to bed in my fleece and sock. Will have to make some soup tomorrow. Wish I had some bone broth. Just haven't had time to make it.

Today m1 ham and mushroom omelette cooked in ghee with grapefruit. M2 chicken breast, roasted squash and Brussels with olive oil. M3 more chicken breast, beets and collard greens with a balsamic vinegar and olive oil

Tina, glad your feeling better. Chrissie seems you are sailing along now with good choices. I'll blow some snow you way. Donna, I hope you are doing well

Hi all !  Lori - it is freezing here too -  augh  I would rather have lots of snow than this.

so I forgot that I am working until 7 today (they have been switching my hours around this week) and so I am short 1 meal.  I was hoping the café might have burgers today and I could just get a burger and some veggies and be pretty safe with that.  But they don't - they have a flank steak option with some apple chutney sauce.. so I think I may have to get that and have them hold the chutney.   If not I have an avocado, apple and some carrot sticks that I eat until I can get home

M3 last night was left over beef stew and veggies made into a hash w/ 3 fried eggs.

M1 this morning was the same.  Nice and toasty for a freezing morning

I have a 'drink' date - ok meet n greet -  on Friday night - we will see how this goes, he suggested drinks - I told him I was on a food allergy detox for 30 days and can't have alcohol... I decided on those words rather than what I am really doing... so many people have said "why would you do that ?"   It is sad, that people can't just accept that I WANT to do this -    so I thought giving an "food allergy" would be more acceptable. It will be odd to not have a beverage of some sort in my hand.  I will be fine with water... it will be late so I do not have to worry about food, which will be nice to not have to worry about,.

I am looking forward to an evening out...  Brooke is finally at the age where I feel comfortable going out on a date.   Cross your fingers for me !!

ok - cafeteria had some food.. flank steak  and broccoli.  they had brussel sprouts but they were fried in bacon grease.  So I am good for lunch, will eat what I brought (meatballs and asparagus ) for dinner   Wheewwww

PS   so ate the steak - now I have a gurgly stomach - so I am wondering what they fried it in.   took a tums - and I hope that takes care of it.

Good evening.  Somehow I feel like I played hooky today.  It was my turn to stay home with Casey (not a chore btw) and I got someone to work most of my shift.  I got up and made a nice breakfast with some fried rutabaga, eggs and a clementine.  M2 I put on my creative hat, and stir-fried some Asian veggie's added some shrimp then made a sauce with coconut milk and cashew butter.  I put that atop some cauliflower rice with pineapple.  Did not turn out too bad, though I need to fine tune it.  I also put on some bone broth in the slow cooker to make into some soup for tomorrow.  Then Casey and I snuggled into the blankets and watched the 1st episode of once upon a time.  I ended up working only 5 hours, and it went by in a flash!  M3 was leftover unrolled cabbage roll and a pear.  Now I'm off for the next two days, though I do have some meetings tomorrow. 

Tina, I know how it goes trying to trust the cafeteria.  Hard when we are doing a strict 30.  Hard to say what might have been added.  Sorry it sent your gut into a gurgle.  Hope your meet and greet goes well. Have fun, and I though your explanation was perfect.  I'm not ready to head down that road yet!

Chrissie, I hope your nights go well.  Do you do 12 hour shifts?

Missing you Donna.

Stay warm out there my friends. 

Well I feel like I played hookey from the blog today.

Lori and Tina you are having some horrible weather cold wise.  We are very lucky in NV so far.  We had a white Christmas but now it is in the 30s at night and between 55 and 60 highs. You guys are really suffering.  How do you keep your pipes from freezing?

I fixed the Mulligatawny stew today.  I agree it is very good.  It is a lot of prep or it seemed so. Doug thought the cauliflower rice was rice. Tina did you say you put sw potato in it.  I did and it fit very well.

Tina I hope you have a pleasant  eve meeting a new friend and he turns out to be a nice guy.  I think your reason for not drinking sounded great and it is true.

I am getting the crud now.  Cough, sensitive ears, throat and slight heaviness in the chest. Not bad just enough to keep me home.  I don't like people hacking around me so I don't like to do it to others.  I missed yoga yesterday and may miss tomorrow because it is quiet and some of the moves makes it hard not to cough.

I have been having a problem not eating something in the evening.  An assortment of nuts and coconut flakes. It's compliant but it is a snack. I have had it a couple of times. Once I was hungry and the other time I think I just wanted something. Like a snack.

Chrissie I hope your work week goes well and fast.  How did the evening go with your granddaughter.  That is about my favorite age.  They are so cute and learning so much.

Archived