Starting Oct 26th looking to start a group

Cyndi Lou

Starting today oct 26th and would like to start a group on this thread that will encourage each other during the next 30 days. It helps to have others that know what you are going thru to hold you accountable. Please post here if you are interested.

So far today went well except I had gas and bloating after dinner today.

Hi Cyndi! I also started yesterday (10/26), & I'm glad you started this thread.

Day 1 went SO well.  I learned that I may have to "work my way up" to the correct portions of meat, because I was getting uncomfortably full at breakfast and lunch (just more to save for leftovers, for a snack, though!).  I'm a fairly easy-to-please eater for the most part, so I've got that going for me - but I'm sure with Halloween coming up at the end of the week, the chocolate cravings will truly kick in.  

& great news - no Day 2 hangover (oh, but how I'm sure it may hit me tomorrow).  

Looking forward to hearing about everyone's progress through this journey - the peaks and the pits! 

Hi ladies! I started yesterday as well and so far, so good. I had a headache last night and this morning but it seems to fade after I eat. I'm bracing myself for what is to come, pasta has always been my one true love and I doubt giving it up will be easy. 

Cyndi, I'm so glad you started this thread as I will be doing the cleanse on my own. My friends and SO are supportive but they grew bored just listening to me explain the parameters of Whole 30 so I look forward to hashing out the details with you guys!

Hey Carolyn -

I'm also doing this on my own, so I was really thankful to find this support system.  It definitely helps with accountability (for me, anyway).  & oh pasta, that's always been my "go to" meal no matter the situation. It's a HUGE source of comfort for me, so I'm hoping Whole30 helps that.  :)

Hope day 2 was just as successful as day 1!

Hello all! I started yesterday as well> I'm feeling good about this decision and am glad I found this since I, too am doing it by myself. This is my first Whole30 and the day 2 hangover is killing me. Hope you all are having a better time with it! :)

Day two just about over. So far good. I ate dinner leftovers for breakfast and for dinner so it was really easy.

Could not fall asleep last night hope tonight is easier. I normally have one to two glasses of wine every night and my husband is not doing this with me so there is always an open bottle of wine on the counter. Just hope I can refrain from taking a sip.

Hope every one had a great day.

Just 9 more sets of 3 days each. 3 day increments are easy to handle and plan for, so this is my approach for now. Today was a tough one for me, as the diet change seems to have affected my hormone levels. I had hot flashes on and off all day that felt almost feverish. It seems to have settled down this evening. Hoping to sleep better tonight.

Welcome to the forum JustJoyce.

The whole 30 plan has it's ups and downs as your body gets used to clean eating. I like your 3 day plan kinda like a bite at a time to eating the whole elephant.

I slept much better last night. So looking forward to another I hope. Lunch was really hard today and dinner was late but I did get a really good breakfast in which is not normal for me since I usually skip it.

Hope everyone had a great day

I slept better last night, so today should be better overall. I had to plan ahead for supper, as I will be on the run between an appointment and a meeting. I hope I don't end up eating in the car (!)

Have a good day everyone - make good choices. :)

Day 4! I've read that this can be the start of the angry stage, but mostly I'm thrilled that my headache finally went away. The best change so far has been my sleeping, I fall asleep as soon as I get into bed and wake up in the exact same position the next morning. I used to lie awake with my thoughts for a while but now, not even my 12 week old kitten can rouse me!

I have found that I need to be better prepared with snacks. My job takes me out of the office a lot and often friends will want to meet up after work so my meals are very spread out. Yesterday, I had some cranky moments so maybe I should start carrying nuts in my bag.

Hope everyone is having a happy, healthy day!

Day 4 and my headache is still going strong, but I haven't wanted to kill all the things yet. One thing I am surprised about it that it seems like it hasn't taken a lot of effort for me to adjust my eating schedule and the foods I'm eating. I'm hoping that doesn't change as the days go on. I do have a big event over the next two days at work, so I will be put to the test for that.

Carolyn, I've noticed the same thing with my sleep. I usually toss and turn a lot with my blankets in a knot by the morning, but I am sleeping straight through with the blankets practically undisturbed in the morning now.

I've been using the 'are you hungry enough to eat steamed fish with broccoli' measure to judge whether I am hungry. Now I'm having fantasies about fish dishes -

Salt-crusted red snapper with spicy grilled broccoli

Steamed tilapia with fresh mango salsa and sautéed broccoli with garlic and lemon

Planked salmon steaks with broccoli-cauliflower salad with olive oil ranch dressing

I think we're having fish tomorrow night. ;)

Hi everyone! Hope you all were able to resist all the Halloween temptations - and that your November is starting off on the right foot!  We got a dusting of snow last night, & it's an overall yucky day so I've got chili simmering on the stove (here's the recipe if you haven't seen it yet - tons of GREAT reviews on it: http://theclothesmakethegirl.com/2009/02/22/my-favorite-chili-recipe/ )

Thinking of you all - tomorrow starts WEEK TWO, we've come so far already  :D

Both my husband and I reisted temptation on Friday- he had to resist takeout that his co-workers were ordering, and I had to resist the cupcakes that were left out on the table in the kitchen at work all afternoon. I wasn't really tempted to eat them, but I could smell them every time I walked by, which didn't help (it's a small office). By the time we got home, we were both really hungry and feeling the carb cravings.

We went for a walk (great way to distract yourself from cravings, btw), and then came home and made a nice Whole30 dinner.

One week in the bank - wonder what the next week will bring? ;)

Joyce, I agree with you about getting OUT in order to distract from cravings.  If I'm getting a little craving or urge, I will take the dogs out for a little walk, & by the time I get back, POOF - it's gone.  Congrats on your Halloween resistance!  It can be so hard sometimes - we've got this!

Hey all. I started on Oct 26th as well. I originally had a couple of friends plan on joining me but they have since either chickened out or quit. So now I am looking here for a little support! The first week was fairly easy, so to speak. This second week has been killer! I just want some bread and cheese! Anyways, thanks for listening to me ramble :)

How is everyone feeling today? I haven't experienced any detox symptoms since my initial headache, which has been frustrating. I know it sounds counter-intuitive but without any of the reactions I was told to expect, I can't tell if my body is changing or if I'm doing something wrong. Makes it hard to feel motivated.

Friday - tired after a busy week. Longing to kick back with a nice glass of wine. Trying to divert tired brain with a mocktail instead (club soda and unsweetened cranberry juice) while I wait for dinner to cook. I am sure I will feel better after I have my delicious Whole30 dinner. Tonight's menu includes beef marinated in lemon garlic dressing, tomato cucumber salad with fresh dill dressing and a new recipe I'm trying - potatoes baked with tomato and paprika. Can't wait.

Day 15 today - after today, we are officially more than halfway through! The cravings were popping up at the end of the week, but so far I have managed to stay on track with Whole30 foods. Regular exercise continues to be a challenge, however. Something to work on this week.

Day 18 and I seem to be the only one still posting who started October 26th. I wonder if everyone went off the program, or if they are just busy doing their thing. I find I am still fighting cravings, but getting better at distracting myself. Not sure that I am seeing a lot of benefits yet, but I am willing to go the whole 30 days and see what happens.

Joyce, I'm still here! I too have been wondering if everyone went off program. We are officially in the Tiger Blood stage but I don't think it has kicked in for me just yet. Mostly I'm finding that I feel good but have no interest in food, compliant or otherwise. Maybe that's just boredom setting in. If you want to move over to the October 27th group, I'm with you. 

Archived