Calling all 10/27 starters!

Alexian28

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YES! Let's keep it going.....I just have to remember the name of the thread.....LOL. Would love the support too.....knowing y'alls struggles & triumphs.....love to encourage & share in the Joy. For me, yesterday at the grocery store was OVERWHELMING. Ugh! I wanted canned tuna, as it's allowed on the plan, BUT every brand (5-6) had soybean oil in it! Darn label reading..... :) . Any ideas? I suppose I could get fresh Tuna from Seafood, but I'm not always wanting to cook. This is all a learning experience. I recommend buying the $14.95 subscription for the daily emails. A quote form today's email "Changing your eating habits, slaying the sugar dragon, and learning to prepare meals in a whole new way can be emotionally, mentally, and physically taxing. But you’re also fired up about the challenge, changing your life, and accomplishing the goals you set for yourself on Day 0. Let your enthusiasm for the process and your commitment carry you through this first week."

I would love to join in :o)  Starting today too,and am so afraid i won't last the whole 30 days.  I know, not the greatest attitude to start with, but that's how I feel right now.  On the other hand, so excited about the benefits I could reap at the end if I stick with it....so here goes!!

Today is day one!  Did the Facebook banner, did an awesome job at the grocery store last night, am prepared for today!  The store we go to didn't have Coconut chips and I didn't think that the shredded Coconut in the baking area that was covered in sugar was going to be an approved option, so I bought 2 coconuts, drained the water (reserved that for later), and got the flesh out!  I was very proud of myself.  I have a big chicken salad with fruit and a larabar for lunch at work.  I know this is not going to be easy for me, but I need to do this for myself and for my Husband and Daughter.  I don't want to be so big anymore that I don't have energy to do stuff with them.  Here is to a new me with a renewed vigor for life!

Wow!!!  Hello everyone!  I'm so excited we can take this journey together, even those of you that started on Sunday  :D   You'll just slay the sugar dragon a day before the rest of us.  

Mjo, Melissa, Half and Kaha I hope y'all have a GREAT first day!  Half I know you can stick with it!

Susan it was stressful for me too!  I felt like I was buying so much food, because my extra fruits and veggies take up more space than a bag of chips.  I helped myself by buying lots of frozen veggies.  My husband doesn't eat fruits or veggies, so buying fresh is difficult for me as my 2 year old and I can't go through it fast enough.  I conscientiously bought less veggies than I thought I'd need, and I plan to run by the farmer's market Wednesday or Thursday to top off for the rest of the week, just to make sure I don't over-plan!  Also we're still stuck in an apartment since our out-of-state move and the fridge/freezer is so tiny!  I have to ask a moderator about the fish thing.  The book says tuna canned in oil, but I HATE tuna canned in oil, and you're right it's usually soybean!  I went with the salmon this week until I can ask the moderators.  I signed up for the daily letter as well; it's the first thing I read in the morning.  I can't wait to click that "I had a great day" button at the bottom.

Sidney those are GREAT ideas, I should do the FB banner as well.  Might as well go "more public" than I already am.  Good idea to pass on that coconut; the fresh sounds amazing.  If your store has bulk bins, it's a great place to find plain dried coconut.  It's also available online for pretty cheap.  I use it to make my daughter's coconut milk.  It sounds like you have three amazing reasons to do the whole30.

Kaha, regarding the picture... if you click on your name in the top bar, then go to "my profile".  Hover your mouse over where your picture would be on that page, and a little pop up appears over it that says "change".  Click there and you can update your profile picture.

I hope everyone has an AMAZING first (or second) day, and please check in often!  Add me as a friend if you'd like I'm happy to chat anytime, or if you need to be talked off the ledge.  If any of you are posting your own whole30 log I'll be sure to follow your posts as well.  

Hello fellow 10/27 starters!  Looking forward to this journey and all the good it will bring....but definitely nervous about staying on track and coming up with easy family friendly meal ideas.  I'm a sugar-aholic so that is my main reason for giving this a whirl.  I'd like to slay the sugar dragon once and for all!! Hoping the Whole30 routine will clear up my skin, improve my mood and create an overall increase in my energy.  Happy Day 1 to you all :)

Ok.....i am sitting here at the computer, with my stomach growling, a but leery about heading to the kitchen to make breakfast!  I don't want to eat anything wrong, or eat too much, etc.  I know this mindset comes from past "diets" I've tried. 

So, going to scramble 2 eggs, with ham, zucchini, onion, mushrooms and spinach.  Avocado on top and some fruit.

Alexian - what is the Whole 30 log??

Welcome Nashville, Kd and April!  The more the merrier :-)

April, that sounds like a great breakfast.  Remember protein+veggies+fat+seasoning and you can't go too wrong.  I completely understand about doing it "wrong".  It seems as if the only thing we can really do wrong is not eat enough protein or healthy fat, or not read labels.  I wanted to measure my veggies this morning and said nope, no one got fat on spinach, fill that dang pan and saute away!  (I talk to myself a lot).  

To get to the whole30 log, head back to the main forums, scroll down to the bottom to "community".  There is a forum there called "Your Whole30 Log".  I'm using it to keep track of what I eat, how I feel, whether I exercise, struggles etc.  Kinda like a personal food and exercise log, only it's not so personal :-D  ETA there's also a recipes section under community!

Woo hoo!!! Day 1 in progress!!! I had two eggs with salsa and a side of grapes for breakfast! I miss my coffee and creamer!!! Since learning that cravings only last 3-5 minutes when one hits I just look at the clock and distract myself. Im not even paying attention to my craving and before I know it an hour has gone by!! Then I do it all over again! Good luck everyone!!

Woo hoo!!! Day 1 in progress!!! I had two eggs with salsa and a side of grapes for breakfast! I miss my coffee and creamer!!! Since learning that cravings only last 3-5 minutes when one hits I just look at the clock and distract myself. Im not even paying attention to my craving and before I know it an hour has gone by!! Then I do it all over again! Good luck everyone!!

Awesome job Darci! Sounds like you had a great breakfast; I had scrambled eggs with Sweet Potatoe and onion. Had the same for lunch, along with some applesauce. Woulda had cashews too, but realized they had peanut oil, so must return them! I love my coffee & creamer too, but for the 1st time in my life, I drank it black this morn....wasn't too bad. That is saying A LOT because I'm a bit of a coffee "snob". Hate a bad cup! Love my Starbucks, and will have to find a way to carry CocoMilk. Anyway, couldln't find compliant Coconut Milk at the grocery store last night. Will try Whole Foods for that, and compliant canned tuna....LOL. Best of luck!

Wow, lot's of folks starting today! My hubby and I are starting today as well, #3 for me (#4 for him). We've gotten pretty off the rails, so a pre-holiday reset seemed like a good idea. Good luck to all of the first-timers, you're going to do great! This a great community, so definitely reach out with any struggles or questions.

Michelle

Posted this under my name as well, but am looking forward to checking back here for both inspriation and to say Good Luck to all who started today!!

Ok…what gives…you make better choices and you are eating the right things, making the right choices and then the hungry “demon” creeps up and starts saying, eat, eat…eat for goodness sake.  Although my first official start day, I have been preparing for a few days to get my body through some of the low points “Kill All of Them” before my work week started so I am not acting crazy in front of co-workers; however, instead of “Kill All of Them” I am more like “eat all you can”, but keep it Whole30 approved.  I thought goal was to eat 3 times a day, but there isn’t a snow ball’s chance in you know where that is going to happen.  Any advice from the group or graduates?

Would  it be to late to start your group. I tried a Facebook group the beginning of October and the lead person was just trying to get to know the members of the group so she could get them to join her team selling for Beach Body, Shakeology  shakes and videos. And they didn't take the program very seriously. I want to find a group that is serious about the benefits of Whole 30 and a group that we can learn from and motivate each other.

I am not familiar with this forum - do we just continue with support via this thread, or could we start a new thread each day?  Maybe under a team name that could be easily identifiable.  

Day one went well for me - I didn't feel well, but I don't think it was the nutrition, just coming down with a nasty cold.  I actually enjoyed my meals, and spent some time looking at delicious slow cooker recipes.  This link has a lot of them; http://meatified.com/whole-30-slow-cooker-recipes/.  I can't wait to try a whole chicken in the slow cooker, sounds delicious.

Hope day 2 goes well for everyone ;)

I would like to join y'all too!  I feel like I have attempted this 100 times in my head but haven't committed.  I am a procrastinator at heart, so looking at the calendar I realized that I can do this now, finish by Thanksgiving, and if I don't, I know I won't have the fortitude to try this again until January.  I just don't want to wait that long!  Ready to just quit being a baby and get over it.  I've eaten 80% paleo for a while, but I am scared of this for one reason: NO WINE!  What a silly thing but I will totally have to reinvent a way to relax.  But I am trying to use how hard it is to give up as all the more reason to slay this dragon!

Archived