Calling all 10/27 starters!

Alexian28

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 2, feeling pretty good.  I don't feel as bloated as I normally do, but I am super tired, woke up 45mins after my alarm went off.  Could be the cooler weather and how dark it is in the morning, just want to stay in my warm bed, good ole Canadian winter will be here before we know it! Yesterday I definitely had the munchies, not sure if I can downsize to just three meals a day, but I'll make an effort.  I had an apple in the morning around 10 and then some cashews in the late afternoon to tide me over til supper. I am looking for good breakfast ideas if anyone has any or a good website they use? I know that scrambled eggs, with mushrooms, peppers and tomatoes are going to get old after a while :)  Hope everyone is doing great this morning, congrats on surviving day 1!! :)

Woo hoo!!! Day 1 in progress!!! I had two eggs with salsa and a side of grapes for breakfast! I miss my coffee and creamer!!! Since learning that cravings only last 3-5 minutes when one hits I just look at the clock and distract myself. Im not even paying attention to my craving and before I know it an hour has gone by!! Then I do it all over again! Good luck everyone!!

What brand of compliant Salsa did you use?

I am not familiar with this forum - do we just continue with support via this thread, or could we start a new thread each day?  Maybe under a team name that could be easily identifiable.  

Day one went well for me - I didn't feel well, but I don't think it was the nutrition, just coming down with a nasty cold.  I actually enjoyed my meals, and spent some time looking at delicious slow cooker recipes.  This link has a lot of them; http://meatified.com/whole-30-slow-cooker-recipes/.  I can't wait to try a whole chicken in the slow cooker, sounds delicious.

Hope day 2 goes well for everyone ;)

Thanks for the link! I like the idea of getting a meal prepared the night before, an it being ready when I get home; especially on days when I arrive home later than normal!

I would like to join y'all too!  I feel like I have attempted this 100 times in my head but haven't committed.  I am a procrastinator at heart, so looking at the calendar I realized that I can do this now, finish by Thanksgiving, and if I don't, I know I won't have the fortitude to try this again until January.  I just don't want to wait that long!  Ready to just quit being a baby and get over it.  I've eaten 80% paleo for a while, but I am scared of this for one reason: NO WINE!  What a silly thing but I will totally have to reinvent a way to relax.  But I am trying to use how hard it is to give up as all the more reason to slay this dragon!

I was nervous, too, but mine was about COFFEE!! I tried it black, and was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't too bad without cream & sugar. Still want to try it with coconut milk.

Who found themselves opening the fridge and pantry last night out of habit?! I did!! Lol

So far, so good but my husband is going through major sugar withdrawal and having horrible headaches! Luckily, I don't have that problem because nasty red bull was NEVER in my diet! Poor guy. I am, however, dying to sink my teeth in to a loaf of French bread or a warm apple pie. Gah!

How did you all fair day 1? :-)

Kahaliti that totally made me laugh! I could really go for a big bite of something, preferrably baking of any kind...ugh  Yesterday there were signs everywhere of burger sales, and Halloween candy at every corner I turned, homemade baked squares at the market where I buy my grain-fed meats....ahhh!!

And I thought I was cruising through day 2 but that sneaky headache keeps coming and going today...I can do this, I can do this!!

Well, I made it through day one :-) but did wake up with a nasty headache. headache is gone now and I made it through breakfast! But, today is going to be a huge challenge. I need to make pumpkin butterscotch muffins for my son's student government class. These are some of my absolute favorite, and I'm always picking out the butterscotch chips as I bake. So this is going to be a true test of whether I can stick to this or not!

Welcome to all our new folks!  So glad to have you here  :D   In the Whole30 Daily today "We cannot over-stress the importance of finding yourself a support system while you change your eating and health habits."  And here we all are, helping each other and helping ourselves.  This is the beginning of the "hangover" phase.  Allow yourself to feel a bit tired and run down; it's not a bad thing.  It's your body adapting to the new healthy you.  Go with easy meals with little preparation.  Remember, that doughnut or bread won't help your energy levels.  Drink some tea or black coffee if you need a pick me up.  I know I'll be making some hot tea soon!

Last night was miserable.  I ate dinner, walked on the treadmill, showered and fell asleep pretty easily at a reasonable hour, to be woken at 2am by a car alarm (the joys of apartment living).  It turned off after a minute I thought ok, no biggie back to sleep.  2:10... car alarm.  2:15.  2:20.  2:25.  2:30.  At this point I got up, looked up the non-emergency police number, verified that this really was a noise ordinance violation, and called.  He showed up in a reasonable amount of time and parked, waiting for the alarm to go off again a couple of times, I think to prove that it really was a PITA!  He radioed in a tow truck and they managed to quiet the car alarm.  At this point it was 4:15 am.  So, I can't tell if I'm tired today from lack of sleep or from the infamous day 2 hangover.  

I don't love that anyone has cravings, but I do like reading about them.  A friend once told me, cravings aren't shameful, you shouldn't feel guilty because you want a piece of bread, or some chocolate.  You should just acknowledge that you feel that way and analyze why you feel that way.  Stressed? Bored? Actually hungry?  Metabolism off kilter?  Last night I was almost done making dinner, as in 2 minutes away from eating when I had a huge craving for my pecans in the cabinet.  I was probably hungry, after all it was dinner time, but I was also a bit bored because I had a huge salad for lunch and ended up with a huge salad for dinner because my husband changed dinner plans on me.  Although it wouldn't have hurt to have a few pecans, as they are compliant, it was the idea that I would be cheating if I gave into that pecan craving that stopped me from noshing on a few nuts.  It sounds like we all have a vice, and the next couple of weeks will probably be difficult but we can DO IT!

April, put down those butterscotch chips!   :D 

I didn't want breakfast at all this morning but I forced it down.  Ate more of my sausage and eggs than my veggies, so I threw the remaining broccoli in the crock pot to eat with dinner tonight.

None of us will probably have a super amazing day today, but I wish the best for all of you today.  If you feel bad over the next week, remember that feeling bad for one week is better than feeling bad the rest of your life.

April - totally hear you!! I put my stuffed peppers in front of my daughter last night and she looked at me as if to say, "what the hell is that?!?" She is not happy about whole30 and so I had to make her some mac n cheese today. Literally salivated over the pot lol!!

I'm realizing the only way to get through this month is making meals in bulk to have a lot of leftovers...that, and homemade guacamole! :-)

Glad I'm not the only one in the headache club. (Well, not glad, but misery loves company, right?) I keep reminding myself that this week is all the bad stuff leaving the system and that it will pass. I'm making some beef stock in the slow cooker so I can do stew later this week and some soups over the weekend. The weather is just begging for some nice hearty food and I love any recipe that I can throw into the crockpot.

Stay strong everyone! :-)

April - totally hear you!! I put my stuffed peppers in front of my daughter last night and she looked at me as if to say, "what the hell is that?!?" She is not happy about whole30 and so I had to make her some mac n cheese today. Literally salivated over the pot lol!!

I'm realizing the only way to get through this month is making meals in bulk to have a lot of leftovers...that, and homemade guacamole! :-)

So funny about the stuffed peppers.  I would love my family to join me, but I get the same reactions from my kids. I love homemade guacomole, and pico de gallo, that will definitely be a staple. Although, I will admit they liked the slow cooker paleo chili I made.  They ate theirs with tortilla chips, cheese and sour cream, though.

Posting a day late, but I am so excited to be completing my 2nd round of Whole30!  I completed my first Whole30 in June of 2013 and have since then maintained a pretty healthy lifestyle with the occasional piece of bread of slice of pizza and the not so occasional glass of wine.  During that month, I lost close to 20 lbs, 2 pants sizes and toned up all over.  Since last year, I have gotten married and moved from Houston to Williston, ND and my entire workout routine has been thrown off.  There aren't the same boot camp options here that I really enjoyed in Houston, there is one Crossfit box, but the classes are at funky times and I work in the field and a pipeline project engineer, so it's hard to commit. I have decided to start P90 this week and in conjunction with that complete a Whole30 as a reset of sorts for my body. Plus we'll be done just in time for Turkey Day! 

Good luck with the headaches, there pretty bad for me during my first Whole30 but I haven't noticed much today or yesterday.  Looking forward to getting to know y'all!

I would like to join y'all too!  I feel like I have attempted this 100 times in my head but haven't committed.  I am a procrastinator at heart, so looking at the calendar I realized that I can do this now, finish by Thanksgiving, and if I don't, I know I won't have the fortitude to try this again until January.  I just don't want to wait that long!  Ready to just quit being a baby and get over it.  I've eaten 80% paleo for a while, but I am scared of this for one reason: NO WINE!  What a silly thing but I will totally have to reinvent a way to relax.  But I am trying to use how hard it is to give up as all the more reason to slay this dragon!

I'm right with you about attempting this in my head!  Did you read "It starts With Food?" Here's something from the book that stuck with me;

"Commit to the program now. Today. This minute. Take as much time as you need to prepare but make the decision to start.  Don't put this off one more day.  If you give yourself excuses to delay, you may never begin.  Do it now."

I kept trying to think of when the perfect time to start would be, and then I read that and realized - NOW! Glad you started, we can get through 30 days!

Agh! Working a volleyball game taking tickets and concessions is making popcorn and chocolate chip cookies. Stuck here smelling it for the next 3 1/2 hours!! I did bring a yummy salad for dinner. Then home to bake the pumpkin botterscotch muffins. If I make it through today, I can do anything.

Would  it be to late to start your group. I tried a Facebook group the beginning of October and the lead person was just trying to get to know the members of the group so she could get them to join her team selling for Beach Body, Shakeology  shakes and videos. And they didn't take the program very seriously. I want to find a group that is serious about the benefits of Whole 30 and a group that we can learn from and motivate each other.

And it was called a Whole30 group??  That's frustrating considering Shakeology are in no way Whole30 approved!  And it's never too late to join in if you've been doing Whole30 since the start date  :)  (At least in my opinion).  I think you'll find most people on here take it pretty seriously, this is my 2nd round and I love reading the forum threads to see what other people are experiencing so that I can sympathize!

Ok friends, I try to meal plan and make a list for the grocery store - going from conventional to whole30 is definitely overwhelming! New items to buy, new tools to use, new ways of cooking, all new recipes and I feel like I'm learning how to cook all over again!

Can we share recipes, kitchen gadgets we love, etc. :-)

Yes it was a October Whole30. they drank Shakeology shakes ate oatmeal protein bars. I think the leader was more interested in getting people involved with her business then Whole 30. I've been reading this thread and love what everyone has to say.

I think I'm in the right place.

Archived