Starbucks ice tea

Jaclynfich

Starting my second whole 30 today with the hopes of losing a few lbs before my sisters and wedding and hopefully finally being able to kick my coffee addiction! I don't necessarily want to cut out coffee all together but I would at least like to cut back. So here's my question...are there any non coffee drinks at Starbucks that are whole30 compliant? I was thinking of at least cutting back on my caffein by drinking ice tea or something but I wasn't sure if Starbucks had any hidden ingredients I wouldn't think are in they're unsweetened I've teas

I do believe that the unsweetened iced green tea at Starbucks is still sweetened, even without the syrup. The "tall" has 60 calories and if it were truly just green tea I believe it would be zero if not close. It also tastes slightly sweet. 

the tall sweetened is actually the one that has 60 calories, the unsweetened has 0. The trick is to make sure your barista knows you do not want the syrup, since the "default" is to add it.

http://www.starbucks.com/menu/drinks/tea/teavana-shaken-iced-green-tea#size=187407&sweetened=1

Try starting your day with two decent sized cups of cold water and gradually getting your coffee/tea later and later each day.  After a couple of weeks, you'll make it to lunch time and the effect will carry you into the late afternoon with no sleep impact.

I was a pot of coffee a morning person and this got me down to one cup late morning one third mixed with Crio Bru compliant 100% cocoa.  So that's 20% of my former caffeine level and a little theobromine to smooth out the stimulant spike.  All made possible by first thing in the morning water.

Wait 30 minutes after having the water to eat so that the dilution of your stomach enzymes has a chance to catch back up and get value from your breakfast.  Dumping food into a belly full of water is like throwing money away.

Archived