hormones completely out of whack

Long story short, I had the mirena IUD removed on Wednesday 22nd and was started on yasmin BC pill Monday 20th. My hormones are completely out of whack and I am really really struggling to not eat rubbish food. Does anyone have any advice? :(

Hi There 

I know you have been around here for a while.  In order to help hormones balancing out (I have had many an issue with hormones) up your starchy carbs, and if you are not doing a whole 30 watch your sugar intake.  This includes fruits.  Go with fruits that have lower amounts of fructose - such as berries.

thankyou :) I am in a mentally bad place with all the hormones so out of kilter, but I've been having a lot of caffeine/sugar/soya which is only making it worse - yet when I tell myself I can't have them I throw a mega strop!!

Sugar soy mix will mess you up big time.  I know I get angry/depressed when both of those creep in together.....

Be well - try to be patient and work through this.  it can be done.  Give yourself time and patience.  And don't mentally beat yourself up for your food choices. That also doesn't help you with recovery from a negative mind space.

Archived