Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MistyLuv79

"Kill all the things" a couple days late

Hello All!  I'm currently on day 7 of my first Whole30.

Until this morning, I have been feeling pretty amaze-balls.  Other than a headache on day two, I can't think of any complaints.

But, as I got ready for work today, I just couldn't handle getting out a pan and making eggs (for breakfast) and chicken (for lunch) or anything else.  I left the house with my coffee mug and a dream that I'd figure it out.

I have an emergency ration drawer in my cube - currently holding cashews and Larabars.  So breakfast, while not optimal, was doable. 

Then, I started trying to research what I could do for lunch.  There are so many opposing statements out there about the few things I considered (the meats at Qdoba being a big mystery at this point).  Luckily, we have a salad bar in our corporate cafeteria.  So, salad with hard-boiled eggs (b/c who knows what's in the chicken) and olive oil and vinegar were lunch.

I feel lucky that I was able to make it through despite my lack of preparation, but, I've learned my lesson!

Now, I just need to figure out how to deal with the unreasonable(?) anger I'm feeling towards my co-workers :angry: