The Wingates take on their 1st Whole30!

jenwin118

My husband and I are taking on the Whole30 and are pretty excited! We have wanted to lose weight and just be healthier and happier! So here we go....

Day 1: 

M1: Supreme Egg Loaf (http://freerangecrossfit.com/blog/2012/01/20/supreme-egg-loaf/), Bulletproof coffee (tomorrow I will need to add some cinnamon to it to spice it up) and a few strawberries.

M2: Big Salad (romaine, cruciferous crunch, broccoli slaw, cucumber, mushrooms, heirloom tomatoes, carrots, red wine vinegar, lemon, chicken)

M3: Salmon, Broccolini and a small sweet potato

I also drank tons of water today and about to have some herbal decaf tea.

I have felt somewhat hungry in between meals. I did have one snack of a Larabar today. It is going to be interesting to get used to 3 larger meals a day. I felt full after I ate but then about an hour and a half later I was hungry. The great thing is I haven't felt super worn out, heavy after a meal or tired because I ate terrible food. TV Commercials are hard to watch since things that I don't even usually eat sound amazing. 

I am ready to get through this first week. I am focusing on one day at a time, one meal at a time.

Tomorrow I will start my workout routine. My goal is to work out 4x a week with walking, kettle bell and yoga. 

My current stats: I do have pics that I might share at the end

Weight: 218.2

Bust: 48

Chest: 41

Waist: 41

Hips: 44.5

My goals (outside of food):

- to turn off electronics an hour before bed (I will probably read a book....I have to many unread ones begging for my attention)

- to not watch TV 2 nights out of the week (one is Monday which is date night and Friday which is Game night)

- Workout 4x a week

Ready to take on DAY 2!!!

This morning I felt great! I have gotten more tired as the day has gone on as I am trying to not have any caffeine but my morning coffee. 

The best part about this journey is that I go to school in the morning and my husband works from home so that really leaves us the time to prepare day to day. I would like to next week at least prep all my protein as that would probably leave a little less mess I have to clean up meal to meal.

Here is Day 2!

M1: Supreme Egg Loaf (http://freerangecros...preme-egg-loaf/), Bulletproof coffee (with pumpkin spice and cinnamon). 

M2: Big Salad (romaine, cruciferous crunch, broccoli slaw, cucumber, mushrooms, heirloom tomatoes, carrots, red wine vinegar, lemon, chicken)

M3: Italian Turkey chili (http://healthylivinghowto.com/1/post/2013/04/healthy-recipe-italian-turkey-chili.html) over asparagus and zucchini squash! This was sooooo good!

I snacked on a Lara Bar today. That really helps for between lunch and dinner.

I am in bed now winding down with a cup of sleepy time tea. I have a bit of a headache so I am really expecting the withdrawal symptoms tomorrow for sure. I will make it!

Come on Day 3!!

• Moderators

If you need a snack, try to have a mini meal of protein and fat and veggies, just in a smaller portion than you would have for a meal. Fruits alone, and especially dried fruits that you get in a Larabar, cause your blood sugar to spike and then drop, just like if you ate a candy bar. I also find that, if I have a Larabar around, I somehow end up "hungry" between meals for it -- but if I have something like leftover chicken and veggies for my in-case-I-need-it snack at work, I have to be really, really hungry, like tummy growling, having trouble concentrating hungry, to want it.

If you find you consistently need a snack, you may need to work on having more fat and protein with your meals (and you're always welcome to add more veggies -- but the fat and protein tend to be what keep you satiated for several hours). For instance, when you have the Supreme Egg Loaf -- are you sure you're getting enough? If you put 12 eggs and a pound of meat, divide it so you get 2-3 eggs per serving. If it had no meat, you'd probably need 3-4 eggs, or maybe more, since a serving of eggs is as many whole eggs as you can hold in your hand. (And if your husband is bigger than you are, he'll need to eat more.)

Yesterday was day 3 and it was good!! We felt full a satisfied all day. 

Here is Day 3!

M1: Supreme Egg Loaf (http://freerangecros...preme-egg-loaf/), Bulletproof coffee (with pumpkin spice and cinnamon). 

M2: Sauteed Broccoli Slaw with Chicken and half of a sweet potato

M3: Salmon, sweet potato, brussel sprouts and broccoli

Thanks for the advice Shannon! I think I will stop with the Lara Bars and see if just a bigger meal helps. 

Today was a little rough for both of us. The phrase "Kill ALL the things" was ver true for us. We were cranky most of the day:( 

​My iPhone decided to die last night so I had to make a trip to the Apple Store which is about 30 minutes away and then had to wait an hour and a half to see some one and then finally left neither an hour later, with a working phone at lease. However I had no snack or food with me. There really wasn't anywhere compliant I could stop at near by so when I stopped to get gas I found a banana and almonds and water. Whew. Needless to say I made it through another day.

Lesson: never leave home without a snack and no temptation is worth it. I feel victorious in the small decisions I made today. Another day down! 

Here is Day 4!

M2: Sadly a banana and almonds

M3: Chicken, butternut squash and asparagus!

Let's go day 5!

Day 5! Halloween....eek!!

In my first class a classmate gave me a bag of candy. No one else would take it from me so I ended up throwing it away! (proud moment) Then I went to a friends house and brought my own dinner and passed out candy with them and I have NONE! I felt so successfull!

M1: 2 scrambled eggs, banana and bulletproof coffee. Didn't have time to make veggies. Wish I had a stash ready to go.

M2: Ground turkey with broccoli slaw

M3: Chicken Mirepoix (from ISWF Cookbook) DELISH!!! 

I topped the day off with a cup of tea. Great day!

DAY 6!!

I finally got to sleep in after a long week. I was pretty tired all day but felt good. I have a little headache now but am glad to have made it through another day!

M1: 2 fried eggs with broccoli slaw and of course bulletproof coffee

M2: leftover Chicken Mirepoix

M3: Grass fed beef patty cooked with onions and a broccoli, bell pepper, carrot sautéed mix. SO GOOD!!

I am thankful to be on this plan!

My skin has gotten better and I feel great! I am ready for the energy level to go up!

Day 7! A week down and ready for another one!

I have had some headaches today but nothing I couldn't handle. We did think about several things we would like to eat that are not compliant and my husband had his first food dream last night.....powdered donuts. 

M1: Today we did not eat much of a breakfast. Only fruit...not a good choice but the timeline is right. We are tired all day.

M2: Grass fed beef patty cooked with onions and a broccoli, bell pepper, carrot sautéed mix.

M3: Leftover Mirepoix chick with some mixed veggies.

We are ready to venture out a little bit more on our recipes so that we don't get bored.

One week down!

Archived