Day One: 10/28/14

Cynde

Hi 

This is Beyers from South Africa. This is my first day too. 

I can't cook, so there are going to be a lot of learning 

I started my whole 30 with a carrot, a peach and two eggs. I believe I will gradually become an awesome cook :)

Hi 

My name is Judy I live in Portland Or. This is my first challenge. I started 10/28;so far so good. I was encouraged to read about all the obstacles that we may face and to not let them disuade me. My mantra is "I am in it to win it"!

I am excited to experience health and sense of well-being for the first time in many years. I do like to cook and am interested in exchanging recipes and ideas for Paleo-like meals for entertaining  as well as day to day living..

Yeah for a support group!

Right now, I'm cooking dinner for day 2 which will also have leftovers for tomorrow's lunch:  butterfly pork chop, cabbage, and yams.  Yum!

So far, so good, although eating breakfast seems to by my biggest challenge.  I don't particularly like eggs, although I can make myself eat them if they are so smothered in other things that I basically can't tell they are there. LOL  Maybe I'll try to throw in enough onions, peppers, mushrooms, salsa, bacon, etc, to mask them.

So minus eggs, that really leaves fruit, nuts, and meat.  Anyone have other ideas or found something that works for you?

Good morning, all!  Today is day 5.  I'm feeling really good and sleeping better even though I am a little worried about something.  And not stress eating, which is a huge improvement.  :).

How is everyone else doing?

So far, so good, although eating breakfast seems to by my biggest challenge.  I don't particularly like eggs, although I can make myself eat them if they are so smothered in other things that I basically can't tell they are there. LOL  Maybe I'll try to throw in enough onions, peppers, mushrooms, salsa, bacon, etc, to mask them.

So minus eggs, that really leaves fruit, nuts, and meat.  Anyone have other ideas or found something that works for you?

Let's not forget vegetables, poultry, seafood and other fats besides nuts (which are only recommended on a limited basis) including coconut, olives, ghee, clarified butter, and avocado.  For best results on the Whole30, have each of your meals follow the recommended meal template.

Googling Whole30 non egg breakfast results in several past forum threads on this topic.  Here are a few:

http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/6774-non-egg-breakfast/

http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/12023-strongly-dislike-eggs-breakfast-ideas/

http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/8697-help-other-breakfast-ideas-non-eggs/

Archived