Daily use of bone broth

Stoneveggies

Easy! Make soup, use it as a base in stews or any recipe that calls for broth and my fave: heat it up and drink it! Be sure you have added some salt otherwise it might be a bit bland to drink.  I prefer to drink 6-8 oz a few days a week that way I know I have consumed a decent amount as opposed to having it as a component of a recipe and not know how much I am taking in.

• Moderators

Stop freezing what you make and keep it available in the refrigerator. I drink 2-3 mugs of broth per day when I have it. I frequently make soup with it and then drink 2-3 mugs of soup instead. You can also use broth in cooking. For example, when I am cooking chopped onions, a few small red potatoes, and several big handfuls of kale, I add a generous splash of broth before I put the cover on my wok. The broth helps to steam the veggies. 

Here is my basic soup recipe: http://www.wholelifeeating.com/2013/11/pressure-cooker-golden-cauliflower-soup/

You can also use it as the liquid in things like mashed potatoes, squash, parnips, cauliflower, etc. or in cauliflower rice. It's great in stews and soups and a really nice hot beverage. Float a star anise pod and a piece of ginger in there for a nicely spiced beverage.

• Moderators

I have a jar or two in my fridge at all times. When I finish one I defrost another. I add salt, pepper, a tiny bit of turmeric, ginger, cinnamon and cayenne. YUM!

You can also add chopped up cooked meat and veggies for an instant soup. I usually just drink a cup in the morning and/or at night. So nice and warm!

OMG pressure cooker soup. This might be break through! Thanks Tom!

And thanks to the rest of you--I need to start chugging.

Follow up question...how long would you let the broth sit in airtight container in the fridge before tossing it? (I know, I know, in the future I will not let it go unused!!)

Archived