New member from the UK

BarefootJax

Hi all!

Thought I'd formally introduce myself.

I'm a 40 year old female from the Home Counties in the U.K.

This is my first attempt at Whole30 and I'm hoping it'll help with various autoimmune issues I have, plus help me re-kick start my weight loss.

I've followed various weight loss programmes in the past and I lost 100 lbs but it hasn't been sustainable and following a bad two years, I have regained 40 lbs!

I have the worst cravings and I feel I am hormonal eating (if there is such a thing), so when I stumbled upon the Whole 30 programme, it sounded just what I need to get my body balanced again so that I can sort out not just my weight loss but see if it helps my other problems.

Anyway, I'm starting on 1st November and whilst I've done most of my shopping preparation, I just have a bit more planning to do, so off I toddle.

Cheerio!

Jackie :)

Wow your story sounds a lot like mine... I'm also 40 and after loosing 123 lbs I've been gaining all the sudden (hormones I believe) I just finished the whole 30 and felt great! No weight loss however I did stop gaining I'm hoping by doing another round it will help with the weight loss , but regardless if I loose or not I feel amazing without having to depend on caffeine all day...I sleep better my moods are better and body works better.. Hope this helps you, if you stick to this you will feel amazing by the end.

Good luck

Glenda

Hi Glenda!

Thanks for your reply. Wow, big congrats on losing 123 lbs, that's amazing! The frustrating bit for me was that I only need to lose another 40 lbs (140lb in total) to hit goal weight, I'd worked so hard for that for years and the past two years I've been depressed and now have hormonal issues. At the moment I have the worst cravings ever but fingers crossed whole30 can help with that.

I shall be kind of relieved not to weight weekly whilst I, doing this. The weighing in thing has now become so stressful. Some weight loss would be nice but just to get my relationship with food back under control is what I'm aiming for, the going on from here I'm hoping to find a balance that enables me to eat clean, have the occasional treat and still lose weight.

I workout really hard and usually find it leaves me starving hungry, so I need to research that here in the forums and elsewhere, but I'm really excited for this :)

Hi Jackie! I will join you, to start on 1st November too! I feel intrepidation...and would value some buddy support- as I am in the UK too - down by the coast in Bournemouth, and I go to Surrey/ London often to see family. Not sure where you are in the home counties, but probably not far away. 

My goal weight is 56kg which i was a couple of years ago when very activity,  but after huge accident and now  devleoped autoimmune issues means I am 71kg.  so about 35lbs to lose. Heres hoping - I have a feeling the 30 days might be pretty tough psycholgically!

Sarah Dawn :)

Hi everyone, it's good reading your posts as I can identify so much with them!!

From UK too & 'hormonal issues' are a big problem for me - I did 3 wks of a W30 in Aug for the first time & I felt great, until all of a sudden I really didn't (certain time in my cycle) & so ended the W30!! :( I've been struggling to get back into it ever since but I'm committing to starting again today! Goal weight also 56kgs but I'd be happy to just get consistency & balance around my eating patterns!!!

Looking forward to hearing how u get on - the social support does make a big difference :)

Such great responses from everyone. So glad I'm not alone with the hormonal stuff too!

Well, yesterday has thrown a new curb ball into my 'game' although I'm determined not to let it throw me off track or put my start date back.

Yesterday I was informed that I have a suspicious complex cyst issue with my ovary. They are concerned it could be cancerous.

I did a lot of crying yesterday but today I'm trying to be more focused, as I said, I'm not going to let it be an excuse to postpone my start date. I'm also going to restart my running routine tomorrow too. I haven't been able to run for months due to a knee ligament injury but I've been given the okay to start small with a walk/run routine.

Today I have my Ocado home shopping delivery coming with a Paleo meat box, some organic veggie boxes and loads of compliant wholesome food. I'm going to follow a flexible plan this week, just having compliant foods and making whatever I feel like. Although today I will probably check out Instagram for some specific meal ideas and follow a more detailed plan from week 2 onwards.

Good luck everyone else starting on 1st November! xx

Hi all I am from the UK too (Birmingham) and I will be starting my first Whole30 tomorrow (1st Nov), Jackie I have just had my delivery from Ocado too!  I will be posting my meals on instagram (zoe9563) and have been eating mostly Whole30 for the past few days, looking forward to starting officially tomorrow.

Hi everyone.. I am now living in the UK as well and starting November 3rd! It might be nice for us to share tips with each other and support each other. I only lasted eight days the first time but I honestly felt better for it and have used this month to eat mostly whole 30 meals before starting officially. Even though I havent been strict my energy and moods have improved dramatically ( ask my husband :)) I am going to miss my tea with milk and sugar though!

Archived