So close yet so far away

Khrystyna

Today is day 24 and I feel like my sugar cravings are getting worse with every passing day. I find myself binging on fruits as I near the completion of the challenge. I'm trying to completely cut our fruits and I do really well during the day but as I come home that's all I crave. It's gotten so bad that I stopped buying fruit but find myself running to the store just to buy one piece of fruit. I mainly crave grapefruits, oranges, clementines, apples and resort to berries when I have enough self control. I've had a few stressful workweeks so I don't know if thats the cause but my sugar cravings are not improving. I'm starting to feel really down because one of the main reasons why I started the whole30 is to learn to control my cravings and learn to stop eating when I had enough and unfortunately I don't think I've made much progress. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

I'm going to guess that you are not eating enough food, and that you are hungry for more food, maybe more meals. The best way to get rid of the sugar dragon is to feed it protein, fat, and veggies.

If you'd like some specific tips, post a few days' worth of your meals here and see if we can help you refine your meal composition.

Hang in there, let us know your thoughts and post here for more ideas and support.

For breakfast I usually have 2 eggs and egg whites equivalent of an additional egg totaling to 3 eggs with a tomato or some other form of veggies. I cook my eggs in ghee an add whole30 compliant smoked salmon and some capers. This whole week I've been having egg casserole with mushrooms, spinach, broccoli, tomatoes and ground beef.

This week for lunch I'm having chili with sweet potatoes, celery, carrots and zucchini and add avocado on top. Th chili is whole30 compliant and made with grass fed beef.

For dinner this week I've been having either chili, salad or portobello chicken burger.

I mostly use ghee from trader joes for cooking. I've also developed a craving for coconut oil that I either eat straight from the jar or dip a few almonds and it tasted like almond joy but without the chocolate.

I drink plenty of fluids try to aim for 3 liters or 102 ounces a day.

At some point during the day I have fruit and some nuts.

your portions aren't super clear to me, but if you are craving coconut oil to the point that you eat it straight from the jar I am pretty confident that you are underfeeding yourself. Try meeting the template minimums (go for the top end of the template if you can) for three meals every day and see if that changes anything. http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf a palm-size portion of meat is about 1/3 of a pound for me (and I'm a pretty small female) so, if you use 1lb of ground beef in your chili, that's three servings for the whole batch. If your protein is something like a chicken burger, make sure you're having a couple cups of veggies alongside and some good quality fat (a thumb-size portion or more).

oh and eat the whole egg. three whole eggs.

Archived