Reintroduction Clarification

Nicki111

Hi!  I'm Nicki and this is my 3rd Whole 30, and possibly my 'best.'  I was super sick--digestively speaking--on the first and it never did subside.  I lost a LOT of weight--not necessary--because i was probably absorbing nothing and not used to so many fats.  With digestive enzymes and better habits over the past few years, i've been good in that way.

i'm going for 45 this time, but my guy is just about finished with his first Whole 30 next week,  Can you please clarify the reintro schedule as in....'eat dairy the first day and see how you feel.'  Do you eat dairy on day 2 and 3 as well, or do you eat whole 30 compliant and see effect of the dairy from that day one?

Same question for other food groups being reintroduced.

Thanks.

You eat foods from the food group in question at all three meals on day 1, keeping all else Whole30 compliant.  On day 2 and 3 you return to 100% Whole30 eating (so in your example, you'd remove dairy again for two days), to assess for any delayed reaction.  Then on day 4, you move to reintroducing the next food group following the same approach, with the following 2 days back to 100% Whole30 eating until you're done.  Once you reintroduce a food group, you don't have it again until you complete the reintroduction process.

Moving this to the Reintroduction section.

• Moderators

You can reintroduce foods in any order you like. The guide is only a suggestion.

If you are reintroducing dairy, the idea is to eat dairy at Meal 1, 2, and 3 and then to go back to a perfect Whole30 diet for days 2 and 3 or until symptoms subside (if you have symptoms). After that, you can reintroduce another food, but stay off of dairy for the remainder of your reintroduction period. 

Archived