New from Canada and such a happy camper :-)

Dolcevita60

Good morning! I started on October 23rd. I began reading It Starts with Food a few months ago and took the plunge last Thursday. I knew I ate a lot of sugar. I decided to do this for a couple of reasons; I had an ultrasound a few weeks ago and the result was unexpected...a fatty liver. On the alcohol side of the equation, I drink approx. 3 glasses of wine (maybe) in a week, so I knew it wasn't alcohol.

For 29 yrs, I had been in an abusive marriage and I hadn't been allowed to eat what I wanted and when my son and I moved out soon after he left for the office on April Fool's Day three years ago, we embarked on a three year bingefest of foods we hadn't been allowed to eat. And yes, we went to TOWN. And we were free. I gotta tell ya that this first week was awesome!

Yes, the first day I was starving but within two days, I noticed that I was sleeping better, I no longer needed Gaviscon between meals and wow, I actually enjoyed making meals and I had the energy to prepare them!!!

I hadn't cooked more than 30 meals in the past three years. Yeahhhhh, I made a drastic decision a week ago and my waist has already lost an inch...when I tied my belt today on my jeans..it went one hole tighter!! Yayyyy for me!! I love this way of eating. It feels good and people have already noticed that my face is rosier than before..in a good way! :D  :D :D  :D  :D  

Hello, fellow Canadian!  Good for you for taking control of your health.  I'm glad you are seeing good results already.  I am on day 5 and feel pretty good.  Cooking your own food is the best way to eat right.  Sadly, home cooking is a dying art in the developed world.  Except for those of us on Whole30, of course.  Keep going, I am sure you will do well.

Archived