Headaches + dizzy, woozy and feeling "not here"

I too have been experiencing dizziness, light headedness. I do salt my food. I am drinking plenty of water. I went to the doctor today because I thought maybe it was a sinus issue.  He treated like a sinus infection and gave me the standard shots of a steroid and a antibiotic.  I still feel light headed and those shots usually work right away.   I also took 2 Benadryl to see if that would help because my ears hurt.  I know that I am probably trippin’ but I started this “way of eating” a week ago today and I have followed this to the nth degree.  Lord have mercy, I feel really pitiful about now.  

I’ve read all of the responses and it looks like you have a great set of folks that are also doing their very best to keep on track.  I really want to succeed at this.  It is so important to me.  I am so ready to reset my life and this program seems like it could really help me in my endeavors.

Thanks, in advance for any help or encouragement you can offer.

Take care,

Mjwhitty

I'm on day 11 and have been feeling awful.  I suffer from migraines also and vertigo.  I have not experienced my vertigo this bad in years and feel as if I'm not here and out of it.  It's terrible I'm really hoping this is worth it.    And to top it off I don't want to eat anything nothing makes me want to eat. 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, kelli1974 said:

I'm on day 11 and have been feeling awful.  I suffer from migraines also and vertigo.  I have not experienced my vertigo this bad in years and feel as if I'm not here and out of it.  It's terrible I'm really hoping this is worth it.    And to top it off I don't want to eat anything nothing makes me want to eat. 

Are you eating enough? Are you salting your food? Drinking enough water (aim for 1/2 oz per pound of body weight, so a 120-lb person needs at least 60 oz a day)?

Even if you don't want to eat, you need to eat, or you're going to end up feeling worse. Don't be afraid of having fat -- you should pick one or two of the servings listed on the meal template in addition to any oil you cook in. 

No one here is a doctor or medical expert, so if you've been feeling this way for a while, you might check in with your doctor just to rule out anything that isn't food-related. Or they might have recommendations for amounts of salt -- we usually say salt food until it tastes good, but I know some people find salt really affects their vertigo so they need to get the levels just right. 

Day 19 still feeling "headache-y" light-headed and foggy. 

Help! I can't workout bc I don't feel like I have the energy. I was sick last week but have been feeling much better since Tuesday of this week. I'm not feeling great this morning, I ate a frittata and 2 cups of coffee. I really don't know what to do, I used to eat alot of sugar, junk food almost every day could it be that I'm still just detoxing? Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, Shannon_6 said:

Day 19 still feeling "headache-y" light-headed and foggy. 

Help! I can't workout bc I don't feel like I have the energy. I was sick last week but have been feeling much better since Tuesday of this week. I'm not feeling great this morning, I ate a frittata and 2 cups of coffee. I really don't know what to do, I used to eat alot of sugar, junk food almost every day could it be that I'm still just detoxing? Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated

I would think if you were sick last week then you might want to take it easy. It also sounds like you were quite reliant on sugars and junk so it could be taking you longer. If you would like us to help further, please open a thread in the Troubleshooting section of the forum and list out a few typical days of food including portion sizes, timing, fluids, stress, sleep and exercise.

Archived